Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 87
  1. #21  
    Here you go. Make sure you backup before installing. Then turn off bluetooth, soft reset and kill active sync then install the cab.

    I deleted my headset pairing and re-paired and wow what nice volume I now have on my BT8010's. I haven't tested for connection droppage yet. I'll leave it up to you guys for that.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2. weiss1173's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    #22  
    hannip,

    Just have to let you know that on my Sprint 700wx and Samsung WEP200 headset, I get excellent audio quality with no drops. Have not delved into BT headsets as of yet. Can't wear them at work much less even carry any type of electronics.
  3. #23  
    Yeah, it seems the Sprint wx fairs better with vzw's wx bt stack than the vzw wx itself. It's very strange. I get so many reports that my a2dp install solves the dropout problem on the Sprint wx. But there are so many vzw wx users saying they still have drop issues. Go figure.
  4. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #24  
    Hannip,
    Is this new stack a combo of the 700w and the 700wx or just the 700w?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  5. #25  
    It just replaces equivelent files from the 700w. Any extra bt files that the 700wx has will remain since you can't remove them.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/26/2007 at 02:32 PM.
  6. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #26  
    Do you think this will help us in anyway for drop outs?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  7. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #27  
    Hannip,

    I just installed the 700w cab and I found that the volume level is very, very high! I can't get the level down low enough to not have the sound distorted. This is on everything, headsets and my carkits. Please help!
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    Do you think this will help us in anyway for drop outs?
    I have no idea, but worth a try.
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post
    Hannip,

    I just installed the 700w cab and I found that the volume level is very, very high! I can't get the level down low enough to not have the sound distorted. This is on everything, headsets and my carkits. Please help!
    hmm, did you mess with volume settings in the registry for the AudioGateway? I did notice the volume was higher, but it wasn't "very very high". You did delete your parings and re-paired your devices right?
  10. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #30  
    I did my backup, deleted all my devices, did a soft reset, made sure Activesync was off and then loaded the cab. After the reboot I paired my headset and my carkit. Both are very distorted and I turned the volume down as low as it would go, using the volume control on the side of my 700wx. I didn't touch any registry settings at all. Any Ideas??
  11. #31  
    is this new cab for vzw 700wx users only? In other words, can I install this 700w cab on my sprint 700wx. I already have your a2dp fix on my sprint 700wx but I still have tons of dropout problems with my plantronics 665. Installing this 700w cab kills a2dp right?
  12. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #32  
    I give it a shot when I get home tonight.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by mcharron View Post
    I did my backup, deleted all my devices, did a soft reset, made sure Activesync was off and then loaded the cab. After the reboot I paired my headset and my carkit. Both are very distorted and I turned the volume down as low as it would go, using the volume control on the side of my 700wx. I didn't touch any registry settings at all. Any Ideas??
    Try loading this reg file or use a registry editor to add this and see if it helps.

    Code:
    Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\AudioGateway]
    "SpkVolume"=dword:00000005
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: zip ag.zip (285 Bytes, 31 views)
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by houdini13 View Post
    is this new cab for vzw 700wx users only? In other words, can I install this 700w cab on my sprint 700wx. I already have your a2dp fix on my sprint 700wx but I still have tons of dropout problems with my plantronics 665. Installing this 700w cab kills a2dp right?
    I tested it out on my Sprint 700wx so yes you can use it for that. And yes it will kill A2DP.
  15. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #35  
    Do you get any drop outs? Or does that issue seem to stil be fixed on your treo 700wx?
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  16. #36  
    Like I said earlier, I didn't test for dropouts with this cab install. I basically just smoke tested it and am leaving it up to you guys to decide whether it helps or not. I didn't have a dropout issue with the vzw wx stack so I'm good without additional hacks.
  17. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #37  
    Ok, I am guess I am still somewhat new to all of this. I copied the ag.zip to my unit but it says I have to open another program to run it and I don't have any idea editors, although I hear everyone talking about them. What is the best way to add that file? If I need an editor what is the best and how do I use it to add the file? Thanks
  18. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #38  
    Hannip,

    Got the Resco Editor and added the ag file. I seem to have more volume control then before, but everything still sounds distorted.
  19. #39  
    You can try editing that reg file and lower the value from 5 to 3 and see if that helps. Make sure you stop and restart bluetooth and turn off/on your headset whenever you make this reg change.
  20. mcharron's Avatar
    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
       #40  
    Thanks. I will give it a try tomorrow.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions