1.    #1  
    Just got a Treo 750 and am in the process of waiting for the unlock code for it. But I have noticed one quirk with it, and wondered if this was due to the phone or the miniSD card. I insert a 2gb miniSD card, and it is recognized. But if I go back to it a few hours later, the card has mysteriously vanished. It doesn't show up in file explorer, and any data files that are needed by programs are gone as well. I never had this issue using a 4gb card on my 680, and just wondered is this was a 750 thing or not. I have tried two different types of cards, one a Partriot, the other is an unnamed one.

That miniSD thread talks about this a lot. Treo 750 doesn't like miniSD cards, it seems.

A soft reset will help, maybe? Also you may have to switch your brand.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    On my 750, I have a 4GB card, and when that happens, I just eject and reinsert the card. It fixes the problem. Small annoyance that I can live with.
    4GB SanDisk or Transcend?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #5  
    I came across this thread after I started this one. At least it isn't a problem with the phone that I purchased. I think the unbranded card I have is a Transcend. The miniSD itself only says 2gb, but the holder says that it is a Transcend. Now that I'm aware of what can cause the problem, I'll have to start paying attention to it.
    Global Posts
    331 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    4GB SanDisk or Transcend?
    Neither. It's Topram purchased from eBay. Works to the full capacity. So far, I have more than 3Gb of GPS maps and music in it, so it's not a fake one.
    I just bought a Transcend 2GB and so far it works well. No disappearing issues so far. This is my second Transcend card. The first similar 2GB card also worked well with the T650. Hope this gives you guys some good guidance.
    Both my 750s, the original one I bought and the new one that replaced the first one, have had the issue of the phone not recognising the memory card at bootup (or soft reset). This was causing the phone to create a folder called Storage Card and then to rename the storage card to Storage Card2 when it did finally recognise it.

I had made a couple of changes to my phone which meant that it was difficult to delete the Storage Card folder. First I had redirected my folders for Internet Explorer to the Storage card via a registry edit and second I had any mail attachments being stored on the storage card. What this meant was that when the phone was rebooting, it went looking for the storage card and because the Palm does not seem to get around to recognising the storage card in the early part of its bootup sequence, it would then create these folders in new a folder called storage card. Then when you tried to delete the folder, the system would not allow this to happen.

Simple answer was to NOT have any applications automatically storing to the Storage Card. Now I only allow small attachments to be downloaded and keep them in RAM. I also have abandoned using the storage card for my Internet Explorer files. Magically the problem has gone away, the phone does not create a folder called storage card because it has no reason to.

Problem solved, BUT it does mean I cannot move potentially large fileslike attachments and Internet temporary files to the Storage Card. My 2 Gb of storage cannot be allowed to do what it was purchased for.

Shame on you Palm. This is not a problem on either my BlackJack or my JasJam (although the JasJam has its own set of unique and equally irritating problems). Hopefully there will be a ROM update for the 750 soon to solve this and some of these other incredibly irritating problems that really spoil what is a great phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    On my 750, I have a 4GB card, and when that happens, I just eject and reinsert the card. It fixes the problem. Small annoyance that I can live with.
    My 2GB card disappears once a month and just like Sooby77. I just pop it out and in again and all is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by sooby77 View Post
    True, that fixes the problem with my Treo also. However, it is annoying, and I wonder how long the plastic side will work with all that opening and closing. It doesn't look if it will last long if you know what I mean. Hopefully Palm will release some sort of patch...
    A range of models > Then came the Treo 650 > Treo 680 > Treo 750
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Get a different MiniSD card. Some work better than others, and this is pretty much a universal phenomenon among devices that use MiniSD. Some phones can't see some brands at all. The SanDisk 2GB works for me, the PQI 2GB did not.
    I originally tried a Transcend 2gb card and regularly had the Storage Card2 problem.

I'm now trying a SanDisk 2GB card. Time will tell...
  13.    #13  
    I had a second no name brand 2gb miniSD that I tried, and it seems to be working with no problems. It was one of thos $17.95 loss leaders at Fry's so heaven knows who made it.

I originally bought a Patriot 2GB card from Fry's but that one kept disappearing. I've had a SanDisk 2GB in my phone for the past 3 days and it hasn't disappeared yet!!!
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Bought a 4GB U-Tek card from Ebay. A little over $40 shipped. Has been over a week without any disappearing issues. We will see. Seller on Ebay was Memotech.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapinay View Post
    I originally bought a Patriot 2GB card from Fry's but that one kept disappearing. I've had a SanDisk 2GB in my phone for the past 3 days and it hasn't disappeared yet!!!
    The card I have that disappears is a Patriot from Frys as well.

my 1 gig SanDisk hasn't disappered in a week so far...
    Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts
    I have a Kingston 2GB card that disappeared once from my first 750. I exchanged it because of a bad speaker on the back of the device.

My second 750 has never had the problem.