1.    #1  
    The manual says i should be able to select "MMS" as an account, but i don't see it as an option. Can someone help me out?

thanks
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    If you open your outlook and go to Menu and then switch accounts there is a MMS option. That will bring you to the MMS.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    If you open your outlook and go to Menu and then switch accounts there is a MMS option. That will bring you to the MMS.
    that's the issue, it's not there. .. thanks for the reply
    Quote Originally Posted by djscrew View Post
    that's the issue, it's not there. .. thanks for the reply
    If your on Sprint you dont have MMS. Only text. There's some hacks around I beleive that lets you add it.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    If your on Sprint you dont have MMS. Only text. There's some hacks around I beleive that lets you add it.
    yeah i searched around but all i found was a guy saying that he did it and had troubles, not a guide or anything. Could you point me to a guide? Thank you sir.
    I do not think that the WX is MMS ready out of the box. If it is I can not figure it out. I think there is a hack out there, but I am unsure of how it works and how easy it is to install.

That is the one thing I dislike about Sprint and the WX. I mean when I bought mine the Sprint people wanted to sell me unlimited pic msgs...that woulda done me a whole lotta of good.
    Quote Originally Posted by djscrew View Post
    yeah i searched around but all i found was a guy saying that he did it and had troubles, not a guide or anything. Could you point me to a guide? Thank you sir.
    Try this thread. There is a link embedded in the first post which takes you to the cab file. Good luck!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=sprint+mms
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Try this thread. There is a link embedded in the first post which takes you to the cab file. Good luck!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ght=sprint+mms
    thank you
    I have asked this before in another post but...

If you use the above .cab file for MMS messages do we know how Sprint charges us for sending one. Does it count just as a txt msg or do they charge you for a pic mail?
    Does this have any problems if you have the threaded sms app installed? Also can you recieve mms, or just send...thanks.
    if you use the hack you do not need a pic package with sprint. it just uses your data connection to send the pics.
    and you want to install the hack before you install the threaded text hack. and yes you can receive mms messages with or without the mms hack.
  13. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    I have the pix app installed on my Sprint 700wx & made all adjustments to the connection settings (as required) & when I receive picks, I still receive a link to view it through PIE. Is the app just for sending or should I be receiving without having to go to the link too? When I had the VZW700w it had an inbox in the MMS app to receive incoming.
    Last edited by Ya Boi D; 03/24/2007 at 03:13 AM.
    nope, that's correct. it's just how sprint handles mms messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    and you want to install the hack before you install the threaded text hack. and yes you can receive mms messages with or without the mms hack.
    I applied the MMS hack before, but I didn't care for it. I performed a hard reset on my 700wx and I recently applied the MMS hack again. Unfortunately, I didn't read this thread until recently, so I applied the MMS hack after the Threaded SMS hack. What sort of problems will I see? The only thing I can't seem to do is pull up the contacts list in the TO: field. It appears that I have to manually enter a contact on there, from memory. Is this resulting from applying the MMS hack after the threaded SMS hack? I can't remember if I had this similar situation before the first time I applied the MMS hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    I applied the MMS hack before, but I didn't care for it. I performed a hard reset on my 700wx and I recently applied the MMS hack again. Unfortunately, I didn't read this thread until recently, so I applied the MMS hack after the Threaded SMS hack. What sort of problems will I see? The only thing I can't seem to do is pull up the contacts list in the TO: field. It appears that I have to manually enter a contact on there, from memory. Is this resulting from applying the MMS hack after the threaded SMS hack? I can't remember if I had this similar situation before the first time I applied the MMS hack.

I'm not sure what effect, if any, it will have. It was just a recomendation that I read a while back regarding the two hacks and which order they should be applied.