Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I am trying to tether over usb with the VZW Treo700wx but I can't seem to get past verifying username and password. I have left it blank and I have used the settings that are on my phone. Any suggestions? And yes I did search for the answer before posting.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I cannot say if this is helpful, but I can tether my Sprint phone using the included "ModemLink" software and a new modem connection:

Set up a new "Dial Up" connection to phone number "#777" using the Conexant D480 MDC V.9x Modem. That's pretty much all the Sprint software is doing for you - just in a nice tidy package so you do not need to know about how to set up a new modem to use it.

I need to enter no username or password.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I have it setup to use that driver and it diales to connect and then goes to verify username and password and then fails.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    Has anyone else with the VZW Treo 700wx been able to do this without having the added feature to your account other than the Unlimited Data Plan?
    I wonder if Verizon is somehow preventing this intentionally.
    I use PDANet on my Verizon 700wx. I think that they can track it if you use their proprietary software.
    I use PDAnet also, works well!