Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    alright everyone with a treo has the hsdpa hack and so do i and i love it. i get around 980kbps thats the avg. but when i go to todays results or fastest results i see that it says hiptop 2.0 getting around 1300kbps... so hiptop 2.0 im guessing its the sidekick2 how is that possible? or am i just crazy and dont know about something? i think i might be left out on something... a reason why they are getting those speeds. thanks in advance for the replies.
    I got 90~120KB in tmobile GPRS.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I think sometimes dslreports mislogs things. Sometimes, my provider is shown as "verizon" or "tmobile" when I am on Cingular/ATT.
    Hey guys quick question and semi-related. I disabled the Cingular Proxy in PIE. I am no longer able to do a mobile speed test, it seems after the download, the page does not re-direct.

When I re-apply the proxy, the speed test works fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

TIA!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    so its mislogged or something? that just confused the hell out of me... seeing that a sidekick was faster i was about to flip out and go get an sk3 right now... but still keep my 750 cause its my love.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    mines the same way... i have a cab that enables and disables the cingular proxy and it does the same for me if its disabled. i have no clue why but i just change it back and forth between the two cab files.
    I am not sure what it is, kr3st, but I've noticed the same thing before. It might be how towers, or roaming, or something. I've also noticed that mine appears as "Verizon Wireless" sometimes (maybe it's WCDMA/UMTS being similar to CDMA) and at home where I have at&t, it reads as just verizon. The provider/carrier isn't all too big a deal for me.

EVDO is supposedly the fastest thing out there before Cingular did the massive 3G upgrade. However, I never got over 400 on Verizon on EVDO. I get 700-900 on HSDPA with the hack easily. You shouldn't worry too much.

The other thing that the Sidekick does is it uses data servers and proxies which may alter or fool the readings to being seemingly faster.

Again, not a tech person. Just a layman's ponderings and perspective.
    Also, I can't imagine looking at the Sidekick 3's low resolution screen! It's bad enough going from 320 X 320 to a regular pock pc non-vga screen to the Treo's 240 X 240 square. I can't go any lower!

Enjoy your 750!!
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    woah thanks alot for that it really helps out the way i look at things... and i do love my 750! but i do like the sidekick3 just because im always on aim with my 750 or texting but mostley on the web. but like i said thanks alot for that post it helped me alot.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    another thing.. the battery is alot better on the sk3... my battery is dead by mid day with all the texting, ims and web surfing. but thats another thread.
    what you're reading about the sidekick is misinformation on the web page's part. the sidekick 1, 2 or 3 can only be used on t-mobile's network because it uses its own server. There's no 3G on tmo right now so its not possible to obtain that speed on the sk, and even if tmo did get 3G, the sk would be incompatible to its spectrums.
    with T-Mo GPRS, I got ~190kbps with the 100k & 200k tests, and ~150kbps with the 600k & 1MB tests.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantQuattro View Post
    with T-Mo GPRS, I got ~190kbps with the 100k & 200k tests, and ~150kbps with the 600k & 1MB tests.

What's your setting? How did you get it? You almost doubled my speed.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Accessed DSLREPORTS off and on for weeks with no problems. Now, starting a few days ago, it doesn't go to the mobile version. I thought maybe they killed it. It this a problem from my end?
    Mike Caldwell
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    What's your setting? How did you get it? You almost doubled my speed.
    Obviously I got it to work after sending you that PM I don't think anything is special about the way I have it set up...not sure why it works now, but all I did was delete the T-Zones profile and re-enter it. Just using wap.voicestream.com, is all. No proxy or anything, just set up under the "My ISP" settings. Not sure if it matters, but I had full service.

Still can't send/receive picture messages tho. Did some searching and found a thread listing the appropriate settings for MMS but it still won't work.
    Last edited by AvantQuattro; 03/26/2007 at 11:00 AM. Reason: edit
    -Molly
    Unlocked Cingular Treo 750 on T-Mobile & a Mitac Mio 168 w/ GPS that no longer likes to hold a charge :-/
    Quote Originally Posted by AvantQuattro View Post
    Obviously I got it to work after sending you that PM I don't think anything is special about the way I have it set up...not sure why it works now, but all I did was delete the T-Zones profile and re-enter it. Just using wap.voicestream.com, is all. No proxy or anything, just set up under the "My ISP" settings. Not sure if it matters, but I had full service.

Still can't send/receive picture messages tho. Did some searching and found a thread listing the appropriate settings for MMS but it still won't work.
    I see, You speed is same as what I got in my HTC 8125, but I only got half speed in treo 750. Don't know what kind of "tweak" did palm put on for internet.

Treo 750 hacks thread.