1.    #1  
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Sounds awesome, but PQzII_Task.exe hangs and eventually exits. Any ideas?

The copy/paste works fine which *is* awesome. Thanks!

Edit: I found that if I open PQzII_Task.exe via File Explorer then it works from the keyboard fine. I like it! Thanks!
    Last edited by hannip; 03/23/2007 at 02:11 AM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Sounds awesome, but PQzII_Task.exe hangs and eventually exits. Any ideas?

The copy/paste works fine which *is* awesome. Thanks!

Edit: I found that if I open PQzII_Task.exe via File Explorer then it works from the keyboard fine. I like it! Thanks!
    Why do you need run PQzII_Task.exe? You can use the task manager via press ctrl+OK.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    It would just hang until I run it once via File Explorer so that it registered properly. It even says to do this on the PQzII help page. All this would be solved with a cab install. Would it be a violation to put this all in a cab?
    I found PQzII to be very useful providing many new keyboard activated functions, but I stopped using it because it didn't work with Palm's keyguard. I have since found that there is a workaround for that reading a thread over on the 750 forum. I tried it and it works great on the 700wx also!

Check it out.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141003

This is one of the best kept secrets on this forum. Thanks to cellneuron and dannytt for finding these hacks!
    I found PQzII to be very useful providing many new keyboard activated functions, but I stopped using it because it didn't work with Palm's keyguard. I have since found that there is a workaround for that reading a thread over on the 750 forum. I tried it and it works great on the 700wx also!

Check it out.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=141003

This is one of the best kept secrets on this forum. Thanks to cellneuron and dannytt for finding these hacks!
    The keyhook solution has a fatal flaw on my VZW Treo 700wx. It does allow PQzII and Palm Keylock to coexist and work.

However, once keyhook is enabled (whether or not I attach any apps to it) my Treo freezes hopelessly as soon as I hit the Alt key and then any other key. It will type the symbol and then just freeze, requiring a soft reset. Very strange.

Any ideas?
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    The keyhook solution has a fatal flaw on my VZW Treo 700wx. It does allow PQzII and Palm Keylock to coexist and work.

However, once keyhook is enabled (whether or not I attach any apps to it) my Treo freezes hopelessly as soon as I hit the Alt key and then any other key. It will type the symbol and then just freeze, requiring a soft reset. Very strange.

Any ideas?
    Delete the shortcut of Ctrl Key Pro in your startup folder and do a soft reset. The issue is that Keyhook already has a setting to startup pqz and in essence, having the shortcut in the startup folder, executes the program 2x causing the lockup issue.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Delete the shortcut of Ctrl Key Pro in your startup folder and do a soft reset. The issue is that Keyhook already has a setting to startup pqz and in essence, having the shortcut in the startup folder, executes the program 2x causing the lockup issue.

HTH!
    I'm afraid that is not the issue. I had already tried that. The only items in my startup folder now are:

services.lnk
    xcpuscaler.lnk
    TreoSlert.lnk
    multikeyhook.lnk

Also, it does not lock up on startup or any other time... UNLESS I specifically use the ALT key.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    levinda, did you set up the multihook settings as shown in the 3rd image on this post?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...01&postcount=6
    levinda, did you set up the multihook settings as shown in the 3rd image on this post?

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...01&postcount=6
    Yes I did.

Note that just enabling the multikeyhook box causes the issue, whether or not I actually add the .lnk files to be booted up.

Weird the phone works perfectly until I use the ALT key.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Yes I did.

Note that just enabling the multikeyhook box causes the issue, whether or not I actually add the .lnk files to be booted up.

Weird the phone works perfectly until I use the ALT key.

Trying to disable the altkey service using task manager v2.7 or memmaid.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Ok,

I think I found the culprit. If I just use mutlileyhook with CNTRL Key Pro it works.

The problem is a conflict between CKP and the Qcaps program I'm beta testing (like Keycapsd for Treo 650). If I run them together without keyhook Qcaps just won't run due to the conflict.

If I run all three, they appear to run at first, but CKP actually fails and freezes when the ALT Key is used. Apparently one just can not use Qcaps and CKP together.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    This looks like a wonderful no-frills, multifunction, app. I'm looking for a light, unobtrusive task manager, and hoping this will work for me.

I wanted to see if others have been using CTRL Key Pro as their task manager. Also, is it necessary to install this along with the multi-hook app? Is there anything else I should keep in mind (like deleting the shortcut from the startup folder)?

Thanks!
    I use it all the time. It's become a must have for me.

You must install the multihook app if you want to continue to use Palm's keylock which was a requirement for me. And yes you need to remove the ctl key pro shortcut in the startup since the multihook app starts it up.
    I use it all the time. It's become a must have for me.

You must install the multihook app if you want to continue to use Palm's keylock which was a requirement for me. And yes you need to remove the ctl key pro shortcut in the startup since the multihook app starts it up.
    I downloaded multikeyhook from another thread. It's a .cpl file-- I've never seen this extension before. How do I install this? Also, a gsgetfile has also been mentioned. Do I need this as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    I downloaded multikeyhook from another thread. It's a .cpl file-- I've never seen this extension before. How do I install this? Also, a gsgetfile has also been mentioned. Do I need this as well?
    Instructions for you
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...20&postcount=1
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I just love this Swiss Army Knife. Thanks!!