1.    #1  
    hi,

i really want to get a full body skin for my treo 750. best skins ever has one for the 680 for $9.95, their products are top notch and the same as shieldzone. shieldzone has one for the 750, but it costs $24.99.

can anyone tell me, is the 750 and 680 EXACTLY the same as far as key layout, screen size, entire body style casing, i mean, are they exactly the same exterior wise? if so, i'd like to try the treo 680 full body skin from best skins ever on my 750 if it will be a perfect fit, someone please let me know. i really want to try it!!! i'll report back my results to everyone if its recommended or not if as long as i know the parts all match up PERFECTLY.

thanks!

jmeas750
    I contacted Vaja about their iVolution cases for the 680 & 750, asking if they would each fit. They told me that 750 would fit in a case for the 680 and vice-versa. If that high end of a case would accept either one, I can't see why others would not.

The entire body is not exactly the same. The 680 has the IR port on top, while 750 has it on the side. Also, not sure if the miniSD on the 750 and the SD slot on the 680 are the same size or not. The cases are the same size-wise, but minor differences like that do affect skins. The Vaja case has the memory expansion slot covered.
    The SD slot on the 680 is in the same position as the 750 but it is easily 50% longer. Since you are going to use a 680 case on a 750, you might have enhanced access to the miniSD area.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeas750 View Post
    hi,

i really want to get a full body skin for my treo 750. best skins ever has one for the 680 for $9.95, their products are top notch and the same as shieldzone. shieldzone has one for the 750, but it costs $24.99.

can anyone tell me, is the 750 and 680 EXACTLY the same as far as key layout, screen size, entire body style casing, i mean, are they exactly the same exterior wise? if so, i'd like to try the treo 680 full body skin from best skins ever on my 750 if it will be a perfect fit, someone please let me know. i really want to try it!!! i'll report back my results to everyone if its recommended or not if as long as i know the parts all match up PERFECTLY.
    Ask bestskinsever to make a 750 skin, i did, but more questions from potential buyers should make them make the skin faster.

No, the 680 and 750 are slightly DIFFERENT. The bestskinsever will not be a perfect fit, let me get my GF's 680 and compare. Got it.
    The silent switch on the top are a little distance apart, but the 680 skin will cover the 750 silent switch :-( The stylus are different too.

The 750 has a much smaller miniSD card slot door, than the 680. But the skin does not cover the door, so that part is no problem. The side keys on the other side are identical, so no problem there either.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by ion++ View Post
    Ask bestskinsever to make a 750 skin, i did, but more questions from potential buyers should make them make the skin faster.

No, the 680 and 750 are slightly DIFFERENT. The bestskinsever will not be a perfect fit, let me get my GF's 680 and compare. Got it.
    The silent switch on the top are a little distance apart, but the 680 skin will cover the 750 silent switch :-( The stylus are different too.

The 750 has a much smaller miniSD card slot door, than the 680. But the skin does not cover the door, so that part is no problem. The side keys on the other side are identical, so no problem there either.
    thank you for that information. yes, i wanted to try it out, maybe since it seems like its the top part that has the most differences from the 680 to the 750, then i can probably somehow modify that part. maybe with an exacto knife before putting on the phone.

well i already ordered it, it came to $8, so its not that bad. the biggest worry i had was, did shieldzone make a whole nother type of sticky material to bond to the treo 750 rubber housing? well as i'm typing this i JUST got an email back from them, heres what they had to say:

Hello Jonathan,

The Treo 680 Skin should fit the Treo 750. The only difference would be a slightly larger cut out for the memory card door on the 680. We are hoping to release a 750 specific Skin in the future however we do not currently have a specific availability date. In our experience the Skin material should stick to the rubber surface without issue.

Thank you for your interest. Please let us know if you have any other questions. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Best Regards,

Michael Herring
    President
    www.BestSkinsEver.com

Well, looks to me like this should be what i'm looking for at 1/3 of the price of shield zones. i posted to see if anyone else has used this, looks like i will be the first to make a go at it. i used their product on my psp and full body protection for my blackberry pearl, it was the BEST screen/body protector ever, no dust, no bubbles, truely invisible! scratch proof too and very fast shipping/cheap costs/great service.

since i'll be the first at this, i will snap some pictures of the finished product in Hi Res and share them with the Treo Members who are interested in protecting their device without all those clunky cases out there. pray for me!
    Good luck on the skin! I love the feel of the Treo's rubberized body. I can't bring myself to getting a skin that will take that feel away!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    when you get it, remember to post pictures so we can see the result.
  9.    #9  
    i definitely will ion+++

it was sent out the same day i ordered it within about 30 minutes. i should receive it monday or tuesday. they are located in utah i believe and i'm over in seattle so it shouldn't be too bad