1.    #1  
    Just picked up a Sprint Treo 700WX, great phone/pda. I'm looking to change the carrier name on the Today screen, I know this can be done on my old phone Samsung A900 but cant figure out how to do it on the Treo.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
    There are 2 good things to do with that. You can hide it using a free app called hidelogo. The 2nd is to replace the text with something else like xcast does. You can find both here using a search.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    for verizon = HKLM/software/Microsoft/RIL/carriername - change "verizon wireless" tag.

for sprint = hklm/system/state/phone/current operator name - change ""sprint" tag.
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/26/2007 at 09:47 PM.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    HKLM/software/Microsoft/RIL/carriername - change "sprint" tag
    Pardon my ignorance but what exactly is this and how do I change it?

Thanks again
    That is a registry key and you need a registry editor to change it. There are several out there like PHM and Resco Registry Editor. Keep in mind that the field will change itself back eventually.

If you just want that whole row gone, do a search for hidelogo and it will hide that whole row.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    That is a registry key and you need a registry editor to change it. There are several out there like PHM and Resco Registry Editor. Keep in mind that the field will change itself back eventually.

If you just want that whole row gone, do a search for hidelogo and it will hide that whole row.
    I searched for PHM but cant find the download, is there a downloads section specific to the 700WX?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    HKLM/software/Microsoft/RIL/carriername - change "sprint" tag
    Cody, tried it but its not working
    download and use the hidelogo app.

changing the carrier name doesn't stick. you'll have to do it over and over and over again. ...and over again.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    did someone say xcast?
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    All Ican say is that this is a good find Cody. Love it. Yes it works.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    I also suggest hidelogo. Works great, and if you need to edit the BT settings (which is all that line is good for anyway) all you have to do is press one keyboard character and it shows up right away. Love it
    or the treo alert 2.9 version. it then will display the status of the app.

look at the bit image in this post http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...3&postcount=40
    I 3rd the suggestion to use Xcast. It is an awesome use of the carrier string.
    it's crazy how everyone if fight for that stupid carrier spot. first everyone wanted it gone. then came xcast, which I love and have used since it came out. now we have treo alert using that spot. we need another (second carrier plugin so we can run xcast and treo alert at the same time. lol.
    hehe, we need some cooperation between apps. It would be cool if the information for both would scroll bye in the carrier space.
    you know that is exactly what I was thinking. a separate script that would change the reg for xcast one minute and the next change it for treo alert.

man i'm a genius. I just need to learn how to write scripts now.lol.
    I in the past have use the registry edit noted here, but on the VZW network you will notice it change back during a time sync with their network. just FYI. if you are wondering why it doesn't stay.