Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought I should share my story here so others know what they are getting themselves into when purchasing a Vaja case from Palm.

I went to the Palm (AKA PalmOne) website and found that they had a Vaja case for the 750. It allowed you to have your name printed on the leather case. So I ordered a black case and waited my 20 days while it was being hand made by Vaja. I received the case and when I opened it I was surprised to see that they had sent me an orange case. I checked my order and sure enough it stated that I ordered a black case.

I then contacted Palm and told them about my order and that I had received an orange case versus the black one. Their response to me was "sorry, we do not warranty any order for Vaja cases, you have to go directly to them." Well to say the least, I was extremely agitated and asked to speak to a manager, who basically told me the same thing. I could not understand how, if I place an order on Palm's website and I receive the wrong product that they would not resolve it. They gave me an email address to contact Vaja, so I emailed them and here is what their response was:

"Orders placed through PalmOne are handled by them directly. We do not receive orders from their customers; they are the ones that pass the information to us so we produce the cases for them...."

So basically they passed the buck back to Palm. Now I was pissed, so I went back and forth and ultimately Vaja came through and sent me a new case for the correct color at no charge and told me I could keep the orange one (and if anyone wants an orange case with my name on it, you can have it at no cost).

My advise, don’t order vaja cases from Palm neither Palm nor Vaja will take responsibility for cases that are not made correctly.

On a different note, the black case I did receive is AWSOME. I truly love it
    I'd be interested in a vaja case. I've always hear people on here saying how great it is, so if you're going to give it away, I'd be more than happy to be on the receiving end, I'll take care of shipping of course =)
    How long did yours take, when I ordered mine, it said 3-5 weeks (it's been 3) but now the web site says 6-7 weeks. When I called Palm to check, they totally passed the buck to Vaja and when i emailed Vaja, they totally passed the buck to Palm.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanrob View Post
    How long did yours take, when I ordered mine, it said 3-5 weeks (it's been 3) but now the web site says 6-7 weeks. When I called Palm to check, they totally passed the buck to Vaja and when i emailed Vaja, they totally passed the buck to Palm.
    Rob,

I didn't know you ordered yours from Palm directly. I ordered my custom case from Vaja directly and got the standard "It will take our master craftsmen 3-5 weeks to complete your case."

I hope that all you guys that ordered via Palm get this issue straightened out.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Rob,

I didn't know you ordered yours from Palm directly. I ordered my custom case from Vaja directly and got the standard "It will take our master craftsmen 3-5 weeks to complete your case."

I hope that all you guys that ordered via Palm get this issue straightened out.
    Did you get yours yet? They have yet to charge my credit card so i'm still waiting.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Did you get yours yet? They have yet to charge my credit card so i'm still waiting.
    No, not yet. I got the order confirmation on 3/11.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I called palm again and they told me to contact Vaja, so I sent them an email requesting the status.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    It took 7 weeks to get mine that I ordered directly from Vaja.
    I'm not sure how Palm handles the order but Vaja charges out your credit card immediately upon receipt of your order. You might want to check that out.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Just had the following email conversation w/vaja:

Subject order status?

I ordered my case from Palm.com for the Treo 750 i-volution case. Palm order number xxxxxxxx on March 4th, it has been almost 3 weeks. Can you tell me the status?

Thank you,

Rob

Best regards

María Cecilia
    García Querol
    Customer Care Department
    www.vajacases.com
    www.vajachoice.com

Now just wonder how long shipping takes?
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    They ship from Buenos Aires, via Fedex International Express, which takes 3 business days to reach the US.
    T750 w/Cingular
    Black Jawbone
    Seems that palm will take the order but wants to do nothing else from you after that. Maybe best bet is to order from vaja directly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    Seems that palm will take the order but wants to do nothing else from you after that. Maybe best bet is to order from vaja directly.
    I'll let you know next week. If I truly get the case than it will be aprox 3 1/2 weeks, not too bad considering Vaja's history.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by millerhifi View Post
    They ship from Buenos Aires, via Fedex International Express, which takes 3 business days to reach the US.
    I am in Chicago and it took 4 days.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I'd be interested in a vaja case. I've always hear people on here saying how great it is, so if you're going to give it away, I'd be more than happy to be on the receiving end, I'll take care of shipping of course =)
    Send me a private message with your shipping address
    Does the case hang crooked on yor belt?
  16.    #16  
    What really gets me is that no one would take responsibility, they would just pass the buck to one-another.

I will definitely never ever purchase any accessories from palm's website. I always purchased my accessories from palm, but it will never happen again.

They have the worst customer service I have ever had to work with.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by lars464 View Post
    Does the case hang crooked on yor belt?
    Just a little, but I really dont understand why that bothers others, its really not a big deal to me.

I would say the only thing that takes awhile to get used to is in order to take the phone on and off the clip you have to turn it sideways, other than that its a great case.

The time to get a Vaja case varies with the number of orders they have. Sometimes it can take 6 weeks, other times only 2, it all depends. But Vaja does have some cases in stock ready to ship, such as black ones for the Treo 680, so there is no waiting on them.

Quote Originally Posted by psycdoc View Post
    I thought I should share my story here so others know what they are getting themselves into when purchasing a Vaja case from Palm.

I went to the Palm (AKA PalmOne) website and found that they had a Vaja case for the 750. It allowed you to have your name printed on the leather case. So I ordered a black case and waited my 20 days while it was being hand made by Vaja. I received the case and when I opened it I was surprised to see that they had sent me an orange case. I checked my order and sure enough it stated that I ordered a black case.

I then contacted Palm and told them about my order and that I had received an orange case versus the black one. Their response to me was "sorry, we do not warranty any order for Vaja cases, you have to go directly to them." Well to say the least, I was extremely agitated and asked to speak to a manager, who basically told me the same thing. I could not understand how, if I place an order on Palm's website and I receive the wrong product that they would not resolve it. They gave me an email address to contact Vaja, so I emailed them and here is what their response was:

"Orders placed through PalmOne are handled by them directly. We do not receive orders from their customers; they are the ones that pass the information to us so we produce the cases for them...."

So basically they passed the buck back to Palm. Now I was pissed, so I went back and forth and ultimately Vaja came through and sent me a new case for the correct color at no charge and told me I could keep the orange one (and if anyone wants an orange case with my name on it, you can have it at no cost).

My advise, don’t order vaja cases from Palm neither Palm nor Vaja will take responsibility for cases that are not made correctly.

On a different note, the black case I did receive is AWSOME. I truly love it

Did you order with a credit card? If so you can dispute the charge with them, and they will return the charges to Palm, since you did not receive what you paid for, and have evidence of that. There is no way that they can take your money, and then not deliver the goods that you paid for. Depending on the card, you may have up to 60 days to dispute it.

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    No, not yet. I got the order confirmation on 3/11.

I've ordered several cases from Vaja in the past, they won't charge your card till the case is ready to ship. I have always had nothing but good luck with them on every order I've placed. Their is a person in their customer service named Cecilia that has always been helpful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast