Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I recently hired my first employee, and need to share data with him. We are both mobile, using Treo 700Ws, and have customer data that is updated frequently that we need to both have access to. Any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by COBronco View Post
    I recently hired my first employee, and need to share data with him. We are both mobile, using Treo 700Ws, and have customer data that is updated frequently that we need to both have access to. Any ideas?
    exchange server or Goodlink?
    yahooGo?
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    I'd recommend Exchange or Goodlink. Yahoo!Go is unreliable.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    exchange server or Goodlink?
    yahooGo?
    Im running exchange server. Maybe im overlooking the obvious, but hows gonna be the best way for us to have something central to share?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    EXACTLY what would you like to "Share"? What type of files? Do you need them to be synchronized? File sizes?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by robdam View Post
    EXACTLY what would you like to "Share"? What type of files? Do you need them to be synchronized? File sizes?
    It will be just text containing client information. Small files, but we need to have the same info, if not realtime then a daily sync of some sort...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    It will be just text containing client information. Small files, but we need to have the same info, if not realtime then a daily sync of some sort...
    so .txt files? MS .doc files?
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    so .txt files? MS .doc files?
    It doesnt really matter, whatever is easiest to deal with in this situation. Just plain ol text
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    It doesnt really matter, whatever is easiest to deal with in this situation. Just plain ol text
    What TYPE of files are you planning on sharing? MS Word? MS Excel? .txt files? How will these files be generated? Where will they be generated? This info DOES MATTER.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    What TYPE of files are you planning on sharing? MS Word? MS Excel? .txt files? How will these files be generated? Where will they be generated? This info DOES MATTER.

Like I said, whatever file format we need to use is FINE with me. Most likely I will populate the file(s) to start with then from there either of us could add to or if possible create new files that could be synced up or change realtime. Like I said, whatever is easiest- If we need to keep it all in one file or multiples, it doesnt matter, except that multiple files would be cleaner. Im trying to be clear here, but it does NOT matter what I put the info in, as long as we can share it, so excel, word, txt, whatever, does not matter...
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Google for Free Data Hosting you'll find a plethera of solutions.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Google for Free Data Hosting you'll find a plethera of solutions.
    After all this back and forth I get told to go google? Ugh, sure was hoping someone could help me utilize my exchange server and have an inhouse solution.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    After all this back and forth I get told to go google? Ugh, sure was hoping someone could help me utilize my exchange server and have an inhouse solution.
    I have no direct experience in what it is you are looking for. I simply made a recommendation based upon what sketchy information you gave.
    Treo 700WX - VZW
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I have no direct experience in what it is you are looking for. I simply made a recommendation based upon what sketchy information you gave.
    Im not sure how much clearer I can be. I am running exchange 2003, I dont CARE what the format of the file is, as long as it can be shared between 2 PDA's, either realtime or something that can be synced up daily. The data can be text based, live in an excel file, etc. Its nothing but client information. So, can my exchange server do this, or is that something that I can add to my server that can allow us to do this? It seems very clear what I want to do here but I guess Im not communicating it.

Anyone?
    Why not use the contact software that's built in? Outlook will sync all your info over exchange.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Why not use the contact software that's built in? Outlook will sync all your info over exchange.
    Well, the problem with that is that the phone will only sync one exchange account. We have our own contacts and email that we sync up with exchange. If there was a way to sync up multiple contact lists that could be shared on the server, that would work...

Im messing with setting up a new IMAP account and keeping the info in there, but it reads like email instead of a file.
    Well, the problem with that is that the phone will only sync one exchange account. We have our own contacts and email that we sync up with exchange. If there was a way to sync up multiple contact lists that could be shared on the server, that would work...

Im messing with setting up a new IMAP account and keeping the info in there, but it reads like email instead of a file.
    You could try just a simple FTP server, and only make changes on master file. Use an FTP client and mortscript to automatically download the data whenever necessary. That doesnt solve the problem of each of you changing data on your end. Another thought would be to set up a web database of somesort with the information in it.