Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I was reading some of the great threads on this site and only found a few pertaining to overclocking the Treo's. The software that was recomended (xcpuscalar) is a software optimizer not actual hardware.

My question to all (hannip) is there a registry setting that can do the same thing that can be added to a mortscript?
    xcpuscalar and pocket hack master are not optimizers. They utilize the scaling capability already built into the processor. It's the same as if you set a hardware jumper on a motherboard. Just done via software control.

I don't know of any registry setting related to cpu scaling.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Thanks....have you done a registry comparison after changing the scaling? Is there a program to compare registry's for the device?
    Has overclocking shown any improvement to BT?

What's the impact on battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by oiscoot View Post
    Thanks....have you done a registry comparison after changing the scaling? Is there a program to compare registry's for the device?
    No I haven't. I've dug through the registry extensively and haven't seen anything related to cpu speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by daThomas View Post
    Has overclocking shown any improvement to BT?

What's the impact on battery life?
    I haven't tried this yet. I would expect it too since my tests prior to the new bt stack showed less skipping when overclocked.
    FWIW I used to use Xscaler2007 and it would work great for 2 weeks then my treo would stop ringing. I would have no choice but to hard reset ans re-install.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I too am using XCPUScaler 2007 (only for two days now) and the unit is running fine. Problems have arised due to the amount of software I have installed which is causing the memory to exceed the 25MB limit. I wish there was a way to create a page file or something to the storage memory????

However, the music and videos do play much better with the unit @520Mhz!!!
  9. thi
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    does anyone have problems with the autoscaling? mine stays at the maximum lvl (520) even @ 0%. I do have the feature enabled and have soft reset several times.
    Quote Originally Posted by thi View Post
    does anyone have problems with the autoscaling? mine stays at the maximum lvl (520) even @ 0%. I do have the feature enabled and have soft reset several times.
    I used to use the auto scale when I used XCPUscalar. It will stay at the maximum level whenever to phone is running on external power, regardless of the % load.

When running on battery power, it auto scales.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    I use Pocket hack master and I have not had any problems and I have had it speed stepping from 520-465 for over a month now.