View Poll Results: Have you Experienced This Problem?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 66.67%
  • No

4 33.33%
  • Haven't Noticed

0 0%
  • Haven't Noticed but will report back

0 0%
  1.    #1  
    This is the problem. Please let me know if you're having this problem too. It maybe happening to you and you just haven't realized it... here goes.

I work for a school district and am a computer technician. I received a call today about a user having problems with their Treo 700wx. After talking to the user, I discovered that they are experiencing the same problem that I am.

I can place a call to a person (whether they be landline, Sprint or other carrier) they answer, I can hear them just fine and they cannot hear me. I have to disconnect and place a second call, sometimes the second call goes through and they are able to hear me, sometimes they cannot. I then have to hang up the phone and call them a third time, again, sometimes they can hear me and sometimes not (the whole time I can hear them). The fourth call always works, they can hear me and I can hear them.
    I can dial using four methods (touchscreen, keyboard, via contacts and voice command). It matters not which method I use, the problem still happens. This does not happen every single time, when it does happen it follows the above patter. I believe this to be a device issue because I also own a Sprint powered Motorola Razr and have NEVER had problems like with the Treo700wx.
    I've placed a call with Sprint Advanced Technical support and gave them my story. They insist that it's a tower issue, I highly disagree because I can use my Razr just fine, then the guy told me it was because they use a different GUI... WHAT!? Yes, I've performed a soft-reset, a "take the battery out for a few minutes" reset and even the dreaded HARD REST.
    Has anyone else been having this problem? Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Any idea why this might be happening?

BTW: a total of 4 people are having this problem and that's 4 out of the 4 that I asked (at work)

Thanks for reading this long tread
    the only problems I have is with the treo's picking up too much background noise. both the p and wx did it.
    This happens to my Treo 700wx all the time. It's so annoying! I don't know how many times I have called people and I hear "hello, Hello" and they hang up. I can hear them just fine but they can't hear me. For the expensive price it has been really buggy and I don't know what to do about it. It has other issues as well. I just end up taking out the battery and putting it back in.

Sometimes the screen locks up and doesn't respond. Sometimes email doesn't receive. If I take out the battery and insert back this forces the phone to reboot, then it will behave. This phone has been very frustrating.

Any help out there?
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I have the same problem on Bell Mobility(Canada),and I run accross this post.
    Didn't try it thou but it may be some help for somebody..http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php?topic=53543.new#new

best wishes
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant007 View Post
    This is the problem. Please let me know if you're having this problem too. It maybe happening to you and you just haven't realized it... here goes.

I work for a school district and am a computer technician. I received a call today about a user having problems with their Treo 700wx. After talking to the user, I discovered that they are experiencing the same problem that I am.

I can place a call to a person (whether they be landline, Sprint or other carrier) they answer, I can hear them just fine and they cannot hear me. I have to disconnect and place a second call, sometimes the second call goes through and they are able to hear me, sometimes they cannot. I then have to hang up the phone and call them a third time, again, sometimes they can hear me and sometimes not (the whole time I can hear them). The fourth call always works, they can hear me and I can hear them.
    I can dial using four methods (touchscreen, keyboard, via contacts and voice command). It matters not which method I use, the problem still happens. This does not happen every single time, when it does happen it follows the above patter. I believe this to be a device issue because I also own a Sprint powered Motorola Razr and have NEVER had problems like with the Treo700wx.
    I've placed a call with Sprint Advanced Technical support and gave them my story. They insist that it's a tower issue, I highly disagree because I can use my Razr just fine, then the guy told me it was because they use a different GUI... WHAT!? Yes, I've performed a soft-reset, a "take the battery out for a few minutes" reset and even the dreaded HARD REST.
    Has anyone else been having this problem? Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Any idea why this might be happening?

BTW: a total of 4 people are having this problem and that's 4 out of the 4 that I asked (at work)

Thanks for reading this long tread
    I had that problem too for a while. I was able so solve it by turning the TTY/TDD off under Start--->Settings--->Phone. Hope that helps!
    After a month of this I was about to give up on the phone, until a Verizon tech told me about the headphone jack. Apparently the headphone jack, which I used to play music through when I didnt have an iPod, will think it is still active even if you take male piece out. You need to inset and remove it a few times and test it out. I just dont use the jack any more and have not since had another issue.