1. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Just wondering if I should close my mail2web account & start using this app. Any user reviews out there? It looks pretty reliable.
    http://www.qorefunctions.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Just wondering if I should close my mail2web account & start using this app. Any user reviews out there? It looks pretty reliable.
    http://www.qorefunctions.com/
    Yes, as I mentioned in the other thread, I depend on PushEffect every day. I use it with the 700wx and have many other friends that use it with the Q and 6700 as well. I had mail2web then got rid of it after installing PushEffect. Now I get push mail quickly and reliably from my good old gmail account! It is rock solid and adds some other awesome new features to Messaging.

For $19.95, you just can't beat it! The only thing you need to have (which almost everyone does) is an SMS package with your cell carrier for the push functionality.

Highly recommended!
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    I have a question about it:

I have tried to make it work, but the messages just keep coming in as text messages,,,,

I use verizon and gmail is the pop account...

anything special to make this work...?
    Once I had PushEffect set up to monitor my Messaging accounts, I had no problem. The text messages that came from the server were hidden and correctly triggered a send/receive. Using it with a Sprint 700wx.
    I love it.
    Never got it to work. I have email accounts already configured in Outlook. I occassionally check email on all the accounts (2 gmail and 1 regular pop account) by performing a send/receive on each account. I installed Pusheffect and configured it to auto receive and auto send on each account, select start and the app dissappears. I sent a test message on 2 of the accounts and I'm still waiting for some kind of notification on my Treo.

After further reading, it looks like, you have to configure your email accounts on your Treo to connect and check for messages. So PushEffect uses this connection to check your email accounts and will send you a text message notifying you that there is an email in that account. If so, isn't that an extra step? So you're paying $20 (USD) for something your Treo already does for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Never got it to work. I have email accounts already configured in Outlook. I occassionally check email on all the accounts (2 gmail and 1 regular pop account) by performing a send/receive on each account. I installed Pusheffect and configured it to auto receive and auto send on each account, select start and the app dissappears. I sent a test message on 2 of the accounts and I'm still waiting for some kind of notification on my Treo.

After further reading, it looks like, you have to configure your email accounts on your Treo to connect and check for messages. So PushEffect uses this connection to check your email accounts and will send you a text message notifying you that there is an email in that account. If so, isn't that an extra step? So you're paying $20 (USD) for something your Treo already does for free?
    It doesn't sound like you have it set up correctly. PushEffect is great and works well. You have to set your email server to send a text message when new mail arrives. When PushEffect sees this hidden message/signal from the mail server, it triggers Messaging to perform a send/receive. It is very reliable and fast. You don't have to set any accounts on your Treo to connect at all. PushEffect handles this. It achieves push mail for almost any type of account (POP, IMAP, ISP) and adds other much needed features to Messaging. The Treo doesn't do any of this out of the box. Just take a look at the user guide, it's very easy to follow. I have it running on my Treo and Moto Q.
    What more is requried on the server? I already have everything setup on my gmail account as specified on the QoreFunction online user guide. and is also configured to forward a copy of the email to my phone (###@messaging.sprintpcs.com). The online user guide makes it look really simple, but maybe it's not.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    What more is requried on the server? I already have everything setup on my gmail account as specified on the QoreFunction online user guide. and is also configured to forward a copy of the email to my phone (###@messaging.sprintpcs.com). The online user guide makes it look really simple, but maybe it's not.
    I have had no problem. Perhaps the character string is incorrect that you are using.
  10. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Lets say I have pusheffect with my gmail account. Will it automatically sync my contacts,calendar,tasks,etc.... because that's one of the features I enjoy with my mail2web account?
    What character string, where?

In my Gmail account, the only thing I have configured is forward a copy of the message to my number, which is the format of 1235551212@messaging.sprintpcs.com. Pop Mail IS already configured, since I can download POP mail from Outlook on my PC.

As I mentioned, the online user guide for PushEffect just to states that you are using the correct POP and SMTP server address for Gmail, which I am, since I can download email from Outlook as POP. And POP is enabled, since I can download email from Outlook as POP.

So what am I missing?

Does pIE have to be running on the Treo?
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 03/25/2007 at 10:32 PM.
    I installed it last night after reading this thread...

Its awesome! I love it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boi D View Post
    Lets say I have pusheffect with my gmail account. Will it automatically sync my contacts,calendar,tasks,etc.... because that's one of the features I enjoy with my mail2web account?
    Nope it just is for push email only. It works great for push.

I just use the USB cable to sync and it works fine for me. So PushEffect is the best answer for me. :-)
    Finally got it working. I performed a hard reset on my device and I restored a Sprite backup from the last clean install. I guess one of the other apps I was trying out was recking havoc.

Out of the other's I've tried (Emoze, Sprint Business Connect, etc.), this works the best. The only problem I can see with this is that it intercepts all incoming text messages sent sent to the provider in the form of xxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com.
  15. H_D
    Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyLive View Post
    Nope it just is for push email only. It works great for push.

I just use the USB cable to sync and it works fine for me. So PushEffect is the best answer for me. :-)
    Thats's true but having it auto sync on the fly is great without having to connect via usb to outlook.
    I am using the trial version of PushEffect on my Sprint Treo 700wx and am
    receiving the following message on the device when PushEffect is activated
    by incoming email:

"A problem has occurred with tmail.exe. Please tell Microsoft about the
    problem..."

I do receive notification of the new email in addition to the error message. Ordinary text messaging works fine (no error messages) with or without PushEffect installed on the device. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling PE, soft resets, etc. QoreFunctiions, the developer, has been very responsive but cannot offer an explanation or fix. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Thanks.
    I would try a hard reset. I have no trouble using it on my 700.
    For those that have used Chatter before: does this compare? I have been reluctant to switch to WM just because I would lose Chatter. All I want is for my device to recieve emails immediately without having to manually send/recieve, change my email address, or keep my PC running. OK, basically, I want "WM Chatter" or as close as I can get.
    SE P900-->Treo 650 (Cingular)-->Qtek 9100-->Treo 650 (Unlocked)-->Treo 680 (Unlocked)-->Treo 650-->ATT Tilt-->Blackberry Curve-->?PRE