1.    #1  
    one major selling point for me on the treo was the ability to play nes emulators but I can't seem to get any of them to work right pokenes doesn't allow you to save your mapped controlls and the sound is choppy. pocket nes runs perfectly but doesn't allow me to map controlls and when I go to the options screen the scroll bars don't work. this is really disappointing I was really was excited to bring a mini nes with everywhere I went...does anyone know where I can get a working one or if one is being made for it? ( I also wanted to get a gameboy color emulator to work but it wouldn't let me map out controlls either )
  2.    #2  
    wow I'm really surprised that no one here is interested in running emulators...
    Try pocketnesterplus. This emulator seems to work fine on the treo 750.
    hey, i just got a nes emulator working. From what i can tell there is none better than the pocket nes one. There are about 5 different versions of this emulator though. The sound is choppy but not to to bad and you CAN map buttons, but you have to do it every time you turn it on, it does not save your button set up
    I got sick and tired of setting my buttons for PocketNES each time it started fresh so I wrote this MortScript to set my buttons for me and then go to the load ROM window. Figured there might be others who might want something like this, though you'll have to figure out the coordinates of the keys you want assigned. I use "Enter", ".", "p", "o" set to "A", "B", "Start", "Select", respectively. I use 700w, so I have no idea if it works on anything else. You may also need to tweak stuff like the run path and pause time. The first coordinates click on the button to have assigned, the second and fourth bring up and close the on-screen keyboard, the third set assigns the key.

Hope this helps.

Code:
    # Time to pause between commands
    sTime = "200"

# Don't run config if PocketNES is already open
    If (WndExists("PocketNES 1.0"))
    Show("PocketNES 1.0")
    Exit
    EndIf

# Run program
    Run("\Program Files\PocketNES\PocketNES.exe")
    WaitForActive("PocketNES 1.0", "5")

# Enter Controller Setup
    MouseClick(30,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    SendKeys("c")
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Set "A" Button
    MouseClick(20,150)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(235,195)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Set "B" Button
    MouseClick(20,175)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(195,195)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Set "Start" Button
    MouseClick(20,200)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(200,165)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Scroll down
    MouseClick(230,180)
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Set "Select" Button
    MouseClick(20,140)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(185,155)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    MouseClick(220,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Exit Controller Setup
    SendOK
    Sleep (%sTime%)

#Enter Load ROM
    MouseClick(10,230)
    Sleep (%sTime%)
    SendKeys("o")
    My God adbnist you are a tech-pimp. That is impressive. It confuses me, i wish i knew more about programming and all that. Bravo though, bravo.
    I have pocket nester and was running into the same prbs with the controls. When I go to configure the A,B,start,and select buttons regardless of what I press it shows the key as 0x10.

The only buttons that seem to have a different mapping are the shift keys.

If I could figur this out then it would work fine.
    +1 i wish pocket nester key mapping worked because its the only emulator i have come across where the video and sound sync and are not choppy. any one got this to work? i got the key mapping working for pocket nester, just use the on screen keyboard to map the keys and bam the hardware keys will work flawlessly
    Last edited by Juggalo_X; 04/16/2007 at 08:34 AM.