1.    #1  
    So, I use a 10MB data plan with my treo and Verizon, since I don't really do much web surfing and really only need access to emails (I use the Treo for other windows mobile programs that I used to have a separate PDA for).

I access my gmail using their POP3 access. I have a LOT of email that flows through, and I have a lot of filters set up in my gmail account. As it stands, when my treo connects, it downloads the headers for ALL recently received messages, despite filters that shuttle off messages from certain people into archive status and appropriate labels.

Does anyone know of any way to limit the emails that the Treo picks up from Gmail to those that are currently SITTING in the inbox?
    Quote Originally Posted by skunn View Post
    So, I use a 10MB data plan with my treo and Verizon, since I don't really do much web surfing and really only need access to emails (I use the Treo for other windows mobile programs that I used to have a separate PDA for).

I access my gmail using their POP3 access. I have a LOT of email that flows through, and I have a lot of filters set up in my gmail account. As it stands, when my treo connects, it downloads the headers for ALL recently received messages, despite filters that shuttle off messages from certain people into archive status and appropriate labels.

Does anyone know of any way to limit the emails that the Treo picks up from Gmail to those that are currently SITTING in the inbox?
    Set up another gmail account and forward just the messages you want to go to your Treo to that account. Then pop that account. You can even make your email addy on the Treo your main gmail account...that way if and when you reply to a message...it will appear it came from the main account.
    Treo 750, at&t wireless.