Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I have a Verizon cell and am loving my Sprint 700wx that I want to swap my phone numbers and use Verizon as the backup.

What would be the best way since it is two different providers and both #'s are active.
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    I really don't understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to use the Sprint 700wx on the Verizon network? If that's the case it's a no go. You can't bring a Sprint phone over to Verizon nor can you bring over a Verizon phone to the Sprint network.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
    Go into file explorer and scroll down to the very bottom. Look for a file simply named "pim". Copy that to your card or your computer for safe keeping. I do it just as a backup feature. That file contains all of your contact information. Now you will need to transfer that file to your other phone's memory card. Once you do that you will need to go into file explorer and transfer the file to where it should be but wait! It won't simply let you drag and drop. Before you do so, just simply add a letter to the end (e.g. "pimm"). Once you add whatever letter you want to the file name, then you can drag and drop into the correct location in file explorer. Once it is in it's location, rename the old "pim" file again to something like "pimk". You can now rename the "pimm" file to pim and then delete the file that was renamed "pimk". Do a soft reset and you should be good to go. Sorry if this sounds confusing, let me know if it's too hard to understand.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    I really don't understand what you are trying to do. Are you trying to use the Sprint 700wx on the Verizon network? If that's the case it's a no go. You can't bring a Sprint phone over to Verizon nor can you bring over a Verizon phone to the Sprint network.
    No. I think he only wants to swap phone numbers, not providers.

I do not know if it can be done like this, One can certainly port the number over to a new service with the other provider.

It's technically possible, I think.

weiss1173, I think you'll have to check with both service providers (Sprint and Verizon) to see if they will do this for you. They might not do it, or they might charge a fee for it. Who knows? You need to ask.
    Oh wait...i think i read the post wrong. Woops, my bad.
    Sprint PCS ****
    Treo 700wx
    You can definetly port over the number but you can use the same number on two different networks.
    Be very careful when you port your VZW number to Sprint. I did exactly what you want to do, from T-Mo to Sprint. TSMo treats porting a number as automatic termination of the account. ETF. Bad stuff. No more dialtone on T-Mo. So talk to Vzw a few times before you pull the trigger so you know what to expect.

The 700wx on Sprint is fab.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I figured that this would not be that easy. I actually can do without my current Sprint number but really want to maintain my Verizon and move it to my Treo.

I will call Verizon in the am, but is it possible to maybe first port my Verizon # to a Verizon pre-pay and get a new # for my current Verizon.

Then just have Sprint port over?
    Another option is to have an account on both providers. Let's say your Verizon is your main number that everyone knows. When you want to use your Sprint phone, just setup your Verizon phone to forward your number to your Sprint phone. Costly, yes, but it the best method to help you out.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    Maybe this will work...Activate a new Verizon phone, not under contract, then ask Verizon to swap #'s between the two Verizon phones. Then, port the non-contract # over to Sprint? That should serve to cancel the non-contract Verizon phone and it will just give me the number I want on my Treo.

Does Verizon do this?