1.    #1  
    Hello, new to the forum. I searched for any info on this topic, but found nothing conclusive here or on other forums.

Basically, I set up a "Call Forward" (**21*[destination]#) and a "Cancel Forward" (##21#) contact via Outlook and sync'd it to my Treo. Then I setup two respective speed dial buttons. When I click on the speed dial buttons on the Today screen I get this message:

"Service codes must be entered directly from the phone's keypad"

and to press [OK]. The same thing happens if I search for the contacts via the Today screen search bar and then click on them.

I noticed that if I go into the Contacts app, then search for the listings and click on them from within Contacts, only then are they dialed appropriately and work, but this is a slow process. So it seem there is something about dialing in gsm codes via the Today screen that isn't allowed, unless done via keypad.

So, does anyone know of a workaround, registry hack, program that puts speed dial buttons that work,
    or
    Best option, does anyone know of an app that automatically enables/disables call forwarding when the Treo is put in/taken out of a cradle (I only found one app for Palm OS).

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Originally Posted by swsquish View Post
    Hello, new to the forum. I searched for any info on this topic, but found nothing conclusive here or on other forums.

Basically, I set up a "Call Forward" (**21*[destination]#) and a "Cancel Forward" (##21#) contact via Outlook and sync'd it to my Treo. Then I setup two respective speed dial buttons. When I click on the speed dial buttons on the Today screen I get this message:

"Service codes must be entered directly from the phone's keypad"

and to press [OK]. The same thing happens if I search for the contacts via the Today screen search bar and then click on them.

I noticed that if I go into the Contacts app, then search for the listings and click on them from within Contacts, only then are they dialed appropriately and work, but this is a slow process. So it seem there is something about dialing in gsm codes via the Today screen that isn't allowed, unless done via keypad.

So, does anyone know of a workaround, registry hack, program that puts speed dial buttons that work,
    or
    Best option, does anyone know of an app that automatically enables/disables call forwarding when the Treo is put in/taken out of a cradle (I only found one app for Palm OS).

Thanks for any help.
    I have the same issue that I posted on a few days ago. I haven't found anything that will make it easy to set/cancel a call forward.
  3.    #3  
    Ok, so after a lot of trial and error, it seems earlier posts about phoneAlarm (www.pocketmax.net) performing these functions were partially correct. I started testing it out. The version up for purchase right now is not fully functional with the Treo 750, so I started beta testing version 1.60. After much back and forth with the developer on the forum of that site, this next version performs the function of cradling and call forwarding.

The problem is the software is very tricky to learn, at least for me it was. You basically have to setup a profile in the software to Call Forward on ActiveSync. The only draw back to this is if you disable ActiveSync (as I do because it's incessant syncing drives me mad) and then re-enable it sometimes this is sensed as a sync and causes a profile change which could shut off forwarding. Tricky but works. The cradling is still a little off, for me, unless you leave ActiveSync on all the time, then it works perfectly.

Either way you can easily use the program interface button to select the profile you want and switch Call Forwarding on and off that way. So it is a definite solution via quick button access.

This all leads me to my second question of how to alter ActiveSync's schedule to either only when I press the button or every 6 to 12 hours. Anyone know this answer? Please let me know.