1.    #1  
    I apologize if this is under the wrong forum.

I recently purchased a 4GB SD Memory card for my Treo 700wx. My goal is to copy movies and music over for my upcoming 10hr flight. I started copying music albums and everything copied and played great, but when my card was approx. 1.2GB full, strange files and folders were displayed instead of the music. For example: After I hit 1.2GB, I tried to copy over 1 song and instead of the song, a folder called "K*)[IE.$R" showed up along with unknown files like "$-T.*".

Any idea what the heck is going on???
    were you seeing those via the treo directly? May try a soft reset and see if it clears. I've had to do that before..
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    I downloaded and installed WM5torage to allow my computer to see my SD card as removable storage. I've been able to delete all the files off the card except there is one folder that shows up when I enter into the TCPMP player. "MSMETADATA" I cannot find this file through file explorer or anywhere else except through the TCPMP player. I've read that I need to delete this folder, but cannot figure out how?
    I have this folder on my storage card. It doesn't seem to do anything. It has a file called XMEMediaLibrary.
    I have WM5torage and TCPMP.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Quote Originally Posted by PMAC27 View Post
    I downloaded and installed WM5torage to allow my computer to see my SD card as removable storage. I've been able to delete all the files off the card except there is one folder that shows up when I enter into the TCPMP player. "MSMETADATA" I cannot find this file through file explorer or anywhere else except through the TCPMP player. I've read that I need to delete this folder, but cannot figure out how?
    I suggest getting a cheap card reader thats what I did, I was getting funky files on mine doing it yourway. But the I decided to shell out 15 for a card reader. Plus its way faster to transfer files especially movies.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  6.    #6  
    The more and more I mess with it, it seems to me like I have a bad SD card. I have a total of 15 albums stored on the card right now and they all play fine. Whenever I try and add any more files and play the new ones with TCPMP, it gives me "cannot play ...... Unknown file format". Plus, when windows media player detects my card after I put it back in my phone, the "found new files" always stops at 199, no matter how many songs i've just put on there.
    How many files do you have in the root. There used to be a limit (although I thought it was 512). Don't know whether still applies...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I have this problem using my laptop SD cardreader (with the MS hotfix for SDHC cards) and an 8Gb Toshiba SDHC card on my T650.

Have given up using this method and instead transfer everything using Card Export II. Although much slower, it is very reliable and I have avoided those problems.
    Wai Leung
    Palm IIIx, Palm IIIc, Handspring Visor, GSPDA G18, T650
    OK guys, I'm a newbie and don't know the 'rules of the road', so please be kind to me...

I am not sure if we're allowed to post a different question as a 'reply', or if all replies are supposed to directly relate to the original question. If posting my question here is in any way virtually 'rude', I apologize in advance.

I just inherited a 650... I have had quite a few issues with it, but most I can figure out. Getting playable music on this thing though has stumped me. I bought a 2GB TOPRAM SD card... the Treo acknowledged it as soon as I inserted it; I have been able to transfer music to it by using a card reader; the music files types are all either 'MP3 Format sound' or 'RealSystem media' and were saved to the SD Audio folder on the card.

However, now when I insert the card back into the Treo, it keeps giving me this message - "Unrecognized Format. Would you like to format the external device? This will erase ALL data on this device."

I’ve reformatted the disk twice and started over (before I tried to transfer music through Real Player without using a card reader and was getting the 'funky files' other members mentioned)… I’m about 6 1/2 hours into it and getting very frustrated… can ya help a girl out?? PLEASE?

Thanks so much for any help. I appreciate your input/feedback!!
    Heather,
    It is nothing wrong with posting a related question on a thread.

However, you have a Treo 650 and the thread is in the 700w/wx forum. Any answer offered here may not be the best one for you. The operating system used on the Treo 650 is very different than the one on the 700wx.

I suggest you either search for a thread on SD Memory Cards in the Treo 650 Hardware forum and add to that thread or start a new thread in that forum.

Having said that for the record, I think the problem is incompatibility between your card, the reader, and the Treo. I've had this happen with my cards, readers, and Treo 700wx and it was frustrating. I needed the right reader which would read a card formatted on the Treo and the reverse. Once that is done, it only needs to be formatted ONE TIME and then both the Treo and the reader can access the data.

Maybe someone who has resolved this issue in another way will respond here.

(BTW, I'm a girl too.)
    I heard it happens. it's the problem of the card. I guess you need to format it and try again.
    pontiacy, I don't think you understand. Just formatting it doesn't resolve the problem. If you format it from the reader, the Treo won't read it and will ask to format it again. If you format it on the Treo again, the request to reformat will pop up when you use the reader.
    did you use ActiveSync4.5? If you used 4.2, try 4.5 instead to transfer those files.

also, I don't know what brand is your sd card. My kingston card works fine although the transfer is slow. You may search for patches or something for your card, since the large card may have such compatibility problems.