1.    #1  
    Anyone tried MUNDU Instant Messenger 4.0 for Windows Mobile?

https://messenger.mundu.com/

It's only $11 for lifetime usage.
    I haven't tried it, but according to their website, the WM PocketPC version is "coming soon" (i.e. Treo version). I guess the current version is for WM Smartphone. Looks promising though...

Have you seen OctroTalk? www.octro.com They're in a free beta right now. No word on pricing.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    I haven't tried it, but according to their website, the WM PocketPC version is "coming soon" (i.e. Treo version). I guess the current version is for WM Smartphone. Looks promising though...

Have you seen OctroTalk? www.octro.com They're in a free beta right now. No word on pricing.

Not sure why that's still on their website. Bit I took the plunge and it's working great so far will post screens in a few little while.
  4.    #4  
    Ok I get it it only supported for Windows Mobile Smartphones but it does indeed work on my WX.
    Quote Originally Posted by drei22 View Post
    Ok I get it it only supported for Windows Mobile Smartphones but it does indeed work on my WX.
    Does the touch screen function work with this smartphone version?

I think that would be the only function that you would lose on this version. I am going to try both but can't beat 11 bucks for lifetime (scumbag nokia mutters something about verichat).
    This app, unfortunately, requires NET CF 2.0. I read a review where someone used the smartphone edition on a PPC device and it worked, but with some quirks.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post

Octro is Goggle Talk with access to AIM, MSN, YAHOO... which isn't the same thing. Kinda lame, but I guess it does what it does. I didn't bother to try that whole GOOGLE Talk deal, I am more interested in the fact if I buy a smartphone version of Mundu will they upgrade me to the PPC version when it's released.

-D
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    This app, unfortunately, requires NET CF 2.0. I read a review where someone used the smartphone edition on a PPC device and it worked, but with some quirks.
    Yuck, nevermind, NET CF 2.0 is pure garbage. Brought my WX to a grinding halt and isn't going to touch my device again until I have a WM6 edition phone (it is supposedly integrated and much more stable). Still, the AIM 2.0 hack works nice for free, just hate that there is no ALERT unless the sound is on. If Mundu could work without NET CF, I would be all about it.

-D
    Causerie took the .NET 2 route which they claim does not slow down PPC devices. Octro may not be perfect, but it runs without .NET 2.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    last msg I got from causerie folks said it works with CF 1.1 SP1...I guess not the same as 2.0 Eh?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by drei22 View Post
    It's only $11 for lifetime usage.
    You might want to check the fine print. On the Palm side of the forum, there's an ongoing Mundu v4 thread and it says the "lifetime usage" only applies to v4. You can stick with v4 forever, but if they come out with v5, your SOL. Also, I think the upgrade to v4 is free to v3 users. At $11 it was still worth it to me, I'll just stick with v4.
    Please note that the .NetCF 2.0 SP1 is required to run CauserieMessenger.