1.    #1  
    I have read that pretty much all other Treo phones have the ability to read 8gb Sd cards with a simple hack and that a hack has not been developed for the Treo-wx yet. I am looking to buy an SD card for my Treo-wx and I've read that 4gb is the highest one it can read right now....but I really want to be able to buy and use the 8gb Sd card like everyone else. Does anybody have any idea of how close a hack for the Treo-wx is to being released for 8gb SD cards or a site which reports on news such as this?
    The issue is with WM5 and not the Treo itself. There is not currently a WM5 SDHC driver, which makes all the larger cards inaccessible to current WM5 devices.

I suspect WM6 will support SDHC cards and it will be hacked to WM5, but that is yet to be seen.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    The issue is with WM5 and not the Treo itself. There is not currently a WM5 SDHC driver, which makes all the larger cards inaccessible to current WM5 devices.

I suspect WM6 will support SDHC cards and it will be hacked to WM5, but that is yet to be seen.
    Since WM6 operates with the same kernel (as I understand it) as WM5, I suspect that there will be MANY hacks from WM6 to WM5.

By the time we are done, I think most of our 700WX devices will be running something akin to WM5.5. That is, WM5 with some of the best features of WM6 hacked into it.

Time will tell.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I have a 4GB card it it will read that. However, some programs can't read it and report a negative amount of memory.

Mark
    Ball Ground, GA
    I asked in another thread, but I read that we can Partition the cards to be read as 4 2GB partitions. Anyone know if they have a program to try this?
    Not possible, it still needs the driver. until you see me or hannip or something knowledgable posting that it's been done, it's NOT possible. The End. Next thing is gonna be someone again point out the sdhc files... lol... SEARCH.
    I gave up on puny 2-4gb miniSD cards and I got myself a 60GB Creative Zen Vision W. Great device, and the 4.3" screen is amazing. I still watch videos on my Treo/Blackjack, but that's taken a back seat to the W.