1.    #1  
    I've tried everything I can think of. One minute the phone is fine, the next it just won't sync over USB at all. I installed some windows updates to my PC and then it stopped working. I've about had it with all this. I've uninstalled/reinstalled activesynce a number of times, deleted associations on my Treo 750, reinstalled, rebooted, etc. Problem seems to be my computer and the USB connection, like windows firewall is set to black traffic but I have made sure it's not. I have no other protection that would block it. Can anyone help, I'm about to hurt something I think...
    I am having something similar going on. Are you able to connect after you delete the partnership and create a new one? That is my issue. It will sync once after I create a partnership, however after that I get an error message and it states my device name as Guest. Let me know if you find anything out please.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by journey4640 View Post
    I am having something similar going on. Are you able to connect after you delete the partnership and create a new one? That is my issue. It will sync once after I create a partnership, however after that I get an error message and it states my device name as Guest. Let me know if you find anything out please.
    Negative. I've tried deleting the partnership, even tried installing activesync on my laptop and syncing there. No dice. I'm thinking it may even be my physical cable. I'm going to try a different one today. Will update if I find anything useful.
    I had a similar problem, where I could only sync the Treo to the pc if I did a hard reset. After that it would sync a few times only and then the ActiveSync screen would go back to the "to start a relationship with a pc...." and would never sync again till I did a hard reset. They gave me a new phone, but it didn't get corrected till my company went to an exchange server. Now it works fine.
    I canīt sync either. Same problem here. I was thinking about getting a Palm cradle. I feel the cable might not be connecting properly since muy USB ports connect fine with everything else. My computer acknowledges my treo is connected and so does my treo that it connects to my computer but then, it canīt sync because the connection fails to come through.
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
    I have the same problem. I know for a fact it isn't the cable because I use bluetooth. I tried the cable to see if it was a bluetooth problem, but that doesn't work either. I'm wondering if the problem is Activesync 4.5.

Update

I was able to get mine to work. I deleted the partnership and then deleted Activesync altogether, I restarted my computer and reinstalled Activesync, updated it to 4.5 and added the partnership. I told it to combine the info and everything is where its supposed to be. Thing is, this was the second time I did this so i'm not sure what made it work.
    Last edited by GabGold; 04/06/2007 at 05:58 PM.
  7.    #7  
    I forgot I made this thread. Turns out my mini SD card was throwing the whole sync process off. I popped it out and and had no problem syncing. Back in and no more sync. Now I have a bluetooth hub and sync everything wirelessly, which is way cool.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I can confirm the storage card causes issues. I just got my treo and a bluetooth dongle and couldn't set up syncing for the life of me. I stumbled upon this thread, took out my MiniSD card, and bam, instantly works.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by wake View Post
    I can confirm the storage card causes issues. I just got my treo and a bluetooth dongle and couldn't set up syncing for the life of me. I stumbled upon this thread, took out my MiniSD card, and bam, instantly works.
    you're welcome, that'll be $9.99 please
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Well today it's not syncing. ha It recognizes, but won't complete the connection. Sigh. When I go to set up the partnership, it only allows Hands Free and Serial Port services. The time that it worked for me yesterday it offered ActiveSync. So something isn't working correctly.

** EDIT **

I got nothin. I removed the partnership on the treo, uninstalled ActiveSync, rebooted, reinstalled ActiveSync, reinitiated partnership. Both devices recognize each other, this time I was given the ActiveSync service option, but after it authenticates it just says connecting and nothing happens. Then ActiveSync on the desktop says it couldn't connect to this windows mobile device. So frustrating.
    Last edited by wake; 04/08/2007 at 12:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    I am having a similar issue with my new 750. I was able to synch for about a week (I got this 1 1/2 weeks ago) and now I am not able to. I have tried removing my miniSD card, rebooting everything, reinstalling ActiveSync, changing cables and nothing. I am able to sync it to another computer but my laptop which is my primary won't connect. You hear WinXP "ding" when you hook it up, it gives it an IP address, but ActiveSync doesn't ever show connected. I have disabled my firewall, virus scanner, etc... and still nothing. Any ideas?