Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 40
  1.    #1  
    First please let me say in no uncertain terms that this is not a complaint, I am not complaining, nor am I interested in starting any complaints. I also understand that the more you use the phone the more the battery goes down. Now that that's out of the way . . . . .

    I replaced my 650 with a 700wx this past weekend and have noticed that the battery life on the 700wx is much less than on my 650. I'm a lite to moderate phone user (~15 minutes of phone calls a day on average). I don't have PO checking e-mail (push or pull) but I do have Good Mobile Messaging and their accompanying encryption software, Good Mobile Defense, installed. The way I understand GMM to operate is that it keeps the radio on nearly constantly so I understand that will use the battery faster as well. I also use a BT headset that I leave on from 7:30am to ~6:00pm. What I'm interested in finding out is what everyone elses battery life seems to be on the 700wx. Right now I'm getting about 10 hours off of a full charge. That number varies by how long I talk on the phone, e-mail usage, browsing, etc. Again, I'm just curious about my battery life when compared to others.

    TIA for any replies.
  2. #2  
    thats weird because mine last at least the whole day if i use it a lot. i use a2dp a lot. and i text for a long time.
  3. #3  
    Your battery life sounds low to me.

    I get a full day of charge with about 60 emails pushed, 10 SMS messages, 15 minutes of PIE use, 60 minutes of reading/responding to email, and about 1 hour of calls.

    What are your battery and backlight settings?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    What are your battery and backlight settings?
    Remember, I have Good Mobile Messaging and Good Defense installed. GMM runs the radio nearly constantly while GMD pushes the processor since it's doing encryption on everything. It does sound like this particular battery is a little underperforming.

    My settings (please pardon me as I learn the WM interface) are;

    Battery;
    ON Battery - Turn off if not used for more than one minute

    Backlight:
    Turn off if not used for 10 sec
    Turn on if button pushed or screen tapped
  5. #5  
    Sounds good, trodecke. You might want to turn off Good for a few hours and see if that is indeed the culprit (as I suspect). If it doesn't change things, you might have a bad battery. Otherwise, you might want to consider investing in a higher capacity battery.
  6. #6  
    Use Slinghann Treo keylight to control your keyboard backlight state.Turning off keylights during the day saves 30% of your battery life.
    goggle ...Slinghann
    You cant miss it
    Phil C
  7. #7  
    I've always had problems with my battery life. And to make matters worse, I recently realized that I get longer life from my stock battery than I do from the Seidio extended battery. It'll last a day, but I could never be without my charger if I went on a trip or was stuck somewhere overnight...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Use Slinghann Treo keylight to control your keyboard backlight state.
    Thanks. I hacked the registry to turn the keyboard lights off all the time. I don't use my phone in any place where I'd need the lights. Then again right after I turned the lights off I went to the store with my wife and she asked me to call someone. It was the middle of the night and having the keyboard lights on would have been nice.

    I wish I could turn Good off for a while, even for a test, but I rely on getting timely e-mails to notify me of problems with the network. I can explain a dead battery but I'd have a hard time explaining why my e-mail was turned off. I might be able to find some time when I can be at my desk for an extended period of time and can turn off Good for a while.
  9. #9  
    Very weird you get only that much. I just charged up my phone and it wasn't charged for 3 days, 2 hours, and 46 minutes according to ResInfo. Keep in mind I do talk about 10-15 minutes daily on the phone and I have email syncing setup for every 55 minutes and I send/receive about 175-200 text messages a day.

    I love the Seidio extended battery
  10. tivoboy's Avatar
    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    #10  
    I just had a device replaced by palm, 700wx,
    put in my old battrey (2 months old - device earpiece died)

    I used to get a whole day, and had about 40-50% left, now I get a whole day and have 10% or less left.

    So, the new device is doing something to drain the battery faster.
  11. #11  
    a new battery will improve over time. so thay say. it just need some conditioning.

    I go through 2 seidio 2400 amp batteries in 16 hours everyday. lots of surfing and phone calls. lol.
  12. #12  
    I'm having the same problem. I just got the phone yesterday, and immediately charged the battery to 100%. I then took it off the charger last night and went to bed. When I woke up this morning it said 91% remaining. I use it pretty lightly. I have it set to check my gmail every 30 mins. I used about 40 texts today and about 30 mins of talk time. I also have the brightness set really low. Almost as low as it can go. It only has 29% remaining. I was expecting it to last longer then that, considering it took the battery almost 5-6 hours to fully charge.

    So, I guess my question is, should my battery be draining this quickly? And what are the best settings to use to get better battery life?

    I am new to Windows mobile, so I need it in layman's terms please. Thanks everyone.
  13. #13  
    It makes sense to me that because the 700wx runs many programs at the same time (as opposed to the 700w that closes programs to preserve memory) it would burn batteries at a faster pace.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eki View Post
    It makes sense to me that because the 700wx runs many programs at the same time (as opposed to the 700w that closes programs to preserve memory) it would burn batteries at a faster pace.
    Does this mean that you have to go to "Running Programs" and "Stop" the programs not in use to conserve battery? I left mine setting idle over the weekend (no use) and it was completely discharged Monday morning. Was this because of the programs running in the background?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by trodecke View Post
    First please let me say in no uncertain terms that this is not a complaint, I am not complaining, nor am I interested in starting any complaints. I also understand that the more you use the phone the more the battery goes down. Now that that's out of the way . . . . .

    I replaced my 650 with a 700wx this past weekend and have noticed that the battery life on the 700wx is much less than on my 650. I'm a lite to moderate phone user (~15 minutes of phone calls a day on average). I don't have PO checking e-mail (push or pull) but I do have Good Mobile Messaging and their accompanying encryption software, Good Mobile Defense, installed. The way I understand GMM to operate is that it keeps the radio on nearly constantly so I understand that will use the battery faster as well. I also use a BT headset that I leave on from 7:30am to ~6:00pm. What I'm interested in finding out is what everyone elses battery life seems to be on the 700wx. Right now I'm getting about 10 hours off of a full charge. That number varies by how long I talk on the phone, e-mail usage, browsing, etc. Again, I'm just curious about my battery life when compared to others.

    TIA for any replies.
    I too have experienced shorter battery life after having recently switched from a 650 to 700wx. I purchased an extended life battery which helped a little, but I usually don't get more than a couple of days of use after charging. I use the phone not more than 15 minutes per day. Although the battery life is shorter, I still prefer the 700wx over the 650 because of the windows apps and integration with MS Office.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by rmcordes View Post
    I too have experienced shorter battery life after having recently switched from a 650 to 700wx. I purchased an extended life battery which helped a little, but I usually don't get more than a couple of days of use after charging. I use the phone not more than 15 minutes per day. Although the battery life is shorter, I still prefer the 700wx over the 650 because of the windows apps and integration with MS Office.
    You will always experience a lot less battery life when switching from a 1x device to a 3g one, due to (1) two radios in the device (2) pulling more data (3) the nature of EvDO/CDMA requires more battery power.

    So directly comparing it to a 650 is a no brainer. You'll experience the same decline if you had a 700P because of the 3g.
    but I usually don't get more than a couple of days of use after charging.
    For a modern WM smartphone, that is extremely good battery life.

    I charge every night, just out of habit. It's easier and more convenient to put it into a power cradle on my desk then just flop the phone down somewhere.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  17. #17  
    Everyday I do the same thing.

    530 am-Treo comes off the charger after an all night stint.
    610-730 AM-Listen to music of A2DP while I take the train to the office. Battery when I get in to the office is down to about 70%. today, used keylight shut off and its up to 76%.
    730-1 PM-Intermittent phone use, push email enabled, some texting, not much. By 1 Pm battery down to 50%.
    1 PM-4 PM-Much of the same, battery down to 30%. Recharge for an hour or so so I have enough juice for more music on my way home.

    No way would my battery make it through the afternoon, let alone the day without the recharge.
  18. #18  
    I have also noticed poor battery performance that I have to take my charger to work. I have also deleted POP email accounts. Do not listen to music. Only a few calls/SMS every day.
  19. dimitri's Avatar
    Posts
    881 Posts
    Global Posts
    882 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    I have also noticed poor battery performance that I have to take my charger to work. I have also deleted POP email accounts. Do not listen to music. Only a few calls/SMS every day.
    First make sure you fget the extended battery. That will double your battery life throughout the day. Second, you will almost always have to charge sometime throughout the day unless you don't use the phone. Sitting idle is the only way that you won't have to charge. Think about it. Your phone is much more than just a phone. It's also a PDA so just buy a charger or cradle for your desk. Fact of life.
    Palm Treo 700w > VZW Treo 700wx
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by dimitri View Post
    First make sure you fget the extended battery. That will double your battery life throughout the day. Second, you will almost always have to charge sometime throughout the day unless you don't use the phone. Sitting idle is the only way that you won't have to charge. Think about it. Your phone is much more than just a phone. It's also a PDA so just buy a charger or cradle for your desk. Fact of life.
    Fact of life is exactly correct. I used the extended battery and I found it gives maybe 20% more juice, not double IMO. Thats the biggest gripe people have with these phones is the lack of battery life. but just like you say, these are not phones, these are computers that are "always on". It is simply unrealistic to expect cell phone battery length.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions