Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    It is simply unrealistic to expect cell phone battery length.
    My solution was to buy 5 extra batteries off eBay for $10 each (including shipping). I also purchased a stand-alone Palm charger ($19.00 from VZW). With these accessories I'm never out of juice. I always carry one spare with me if I expect to be away for more than a few hours. No worries. Total expense was about $70 I guess. But really, I never really needed more than two or three batteries. Guess I just sorta went nutz since the eBay prices were so cheap. You could put one in every room or every vehicle

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    My solution was to buy 5 extra batteries off eBay for $10 each (including shipping). I also purchased a stand-alone Palm charger ($19.00 from VZW). With these accessories I'm never out of juice. I always carry one spare with me if I expect to be away for more than a few hours. No worries. Total expense was about $70 I guess. But really, I never really needed more than two or three batteries. Guess I just sorta went nutz since the eBay prices were so cheap. You could put one in every room or every vehicle

-Frank
    Not a bad idea. I have a charger at my office and a car charger with a wall adapter. I can charge pretty much anywhere. I dont even keep an extra battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by liamtoh1 View Post
    I have also noticed poor battery performance that I have to take my charger to work. I have also deleted POP email accounts. Do not listen to music. Only a few calls/SMS every day.
    In case it hasn't been mentioned here...

Always make sure "RECEIVE ALL INCOMING BEAMS" is turned off under
    Settings --> Connection --> Beam

By default it is turned ON. No joke, this will save a lot of battery life by disabling.

Other than that, be picky with push email. I use SBSH PhoneWeaver to enable/disable Push with a single click. That program also allows you to set the "backlight timeout" to 10 seconds, another huge savings. Plus just having desktop chargers for home and the office is a good idea--you won't misplace the device and you'll keep it charged.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    I just moved to a 700WX from a 700P. I have the 3200mah Seidio extended battery. I noticed my battery life dropped dramatically. On my 700P (with 3200mah), after a heavy day of usage, my battery life would be 40%. On my 700WX, after a heavy day of usage, my battery life would be 10%.

My extended battery is less than a month old...
    Seidio plans to release a new higher capacity (2600 mah) OEM sized extended battery for Treo 700/650 on 8/14.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio View Post
    Seidio plans to release a new higher capacity (2600 mah) OEM sized extended battery for Treo 700/650 on 8/14.
    No offense, but after using your 2400mh battery for a week it turned out to be worse than the Palm battery my WX shipped with. I cant see myself buying another Seidio battery.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    No offense, but after using your 2400mh battery for a week it turned out to be worse than the Palm battery my WX shipped with. I cant see myself buying another Seidio battery.
    This is quite unusual, PLease call our customer service 832-204-1118, we will exhchange a new one for you. Sorry for the problem.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 08/14/2007 at 09:45 AM.
    That is weird. I have been using the 2400mAh battery from Seidio since October of last year and I still get between 4-5 days of battery life which includes lots of texting, little internet browsing, and a good amount of phone calls.

This battery was the best investment I ever made.
    Quote Originally Posted by L3thal View Post
    That is weird. I have been using the 2400mAh battery from Seidio since October of last year and I still get between 4-5 days of battery life which includes lots of texting, little internet browsing, and a good amount of phone calls.

This battery was the best investment I ever made.
    This is actually the second one I have tried and niether impressed me. 4-5 days? Guess you're not using push email.
    I am not. When using push email, I was getting 2-3 days on a single charge. When I stopped push email, it nearly doubled so I stopped using push email since it wasn't a necessity anyway.
    I am not. When using push email, I was getting 2-3 days on a single charge. When I stopped push email, it nearly doubled so I stopped using push email since it wasn't a necessity anyway.
    2-3 days with Push Enabled? You and I are very different users. Figuring the Seidio batter did give you 30% more, which in my experience it doesnt, I still wouldnt make it through a single day with one charge.
    This is what I did on my phone when I had push enabled.

Check mail automatically every 55 minutes
    Text messaging sent/received per day ~200
    Internet browsing daily ~15 minutes
    Talk time ~ 10-15mins daily.

Removing the push email every 55 minutes and increasing talk time, I get 4-5 days of battery life.

Then again, why would I lie about such stats? I have nothing to gain.
    This is what I did on my phone when I had push enabled.

Check mail automatically every 55 minutes
    Text messaging sent/received per day ~200
    Internet browsing daily ~15 minutes
    Talk time ~ 10-15mins daily.

Removing the push email every 55 minutes and increasing talk time, I get 4-5 days of battery life.

Then again, why would I lie about such stats? I have nothing to gain.
    I never said you were lying, but I do think you are mistaken on what push is. When you email is being pushed it arrives instantly on your device as if you were in your office. Have it retrieve every 55 minutes is not push. My Treo is basically running a data connection non stop from 830-530.
    Im in the same boat. I just turned off the accpet all incoming beams (thanks to above poster).

I am not sure what "push" means but I am running an autosync outlook account and 2 pop email accounts every minute. I'll talk on the phone say an hour a day. Less than 50 texts. Maybe 10 emails, and 5 minutes on internet (only go to blocked sites on company network).

I cant get my battery to last more than 5-8 hours. I turned the brightness to the second from lowest setting. I have it dim out after a min but not turn the screen off. How can I do that without hitting the "end call" button?

I have the phone less than a week and it is starting to become frustrating. I have the 1800mh battery that came with the phone. Any other tips/progs that can help will are appreciated.
    My battery often lasts for 3-4 days if I just make a couple of calls and surf the net and read news/ebooks for about 1 hour/day.
    If I let outlook check email every 15 min, and make calls for 1 hour, and still read ebooks for 1 hour, the battery can still last for a day.

I also bought a backup battery from ebay at about $7 including shipping. The performance of it is comparible to the original one.
    I'll probably do a detailed write up on this eventually but there are many factors that go into battery life.

Just throwing this out there:

- I've owned 5 Seidio batteries: have always been fantastic. I'm currently using the 2400mah for the Treo and it helps a lot.

- Turning off Beams is a *must*. This will take off easily 20% battery life over the day.

- PUSH email means "as soon as items arrive" i.e. it's instant. In turn, the device maintains a connection with the server. It's more efficient than checking every 15 minutes but uses more juice than checking every hour

- Screen brightness: Keeping it at 100% is a killer! Something like PhoneAlarm or PhoneWeaver helps you schedule your brightness settings e.g. bright in the day, dim at night. Same with turning off the Keyboard lights

- Screen/Device Time out: set it for 10 seconds and/or use Keyguard. Every time your device wakes, it'll stay on for that duration. You can loose a lot of battery life for every SMS or missed call.

- Vibrate Mode: Kills battery! It takes more to shake the device than to play a .wav file. Use judiciously.

- BT while paired but not active: don't worry about it

Maybe I'll write more later but here's my scenario:

I work in a very log signal area, so I switch between 1x, Ev and Roaming a lot. I check email every hour, weatherpanel every 2. Brightness is on at 40%, no keyboard lights. Beam is off. I can go 17 hours and still have 40% battery after a bunch of emails, some calls, etc.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    In case it hasn't been mentioned here...

Always make sure "RECEIVE ALL INCOMING BEAMS" is turned off under
    Settings --> Connection --> Beam

By default it is turned ON. No joke, this will save a lot of battery life by disabling.
    I had no idea. 18 months with a W and now a WX and I never knew that. Thanks!
    I think setting the backlight to 10 seconds and turning off incoming beams are the biggest savers.

Need to try that Slinghann app and see what happens there.

I find the Seidio 2400 battery to be good...but flakey! Sometimes just shuts off. I've tested and it's definetely the battery (and I've tried about 20 Seidio batteries. The only thing I can figure out is the 3.6V screws things up (as opposed to OEM batteries at 3.7V)

I find the OEM batteries to be more reliable...just keep a couple spares.

I usually need to swap batteries once a day.
    My treo basically stays on from 530 AM until 8 PM, Monday thru Friday, either through data, voice or whatever else Im playing with at the time. I dont think I can expect any more performance from a battery than I already get. These things are pocket lap tops, having extra charges and batteries is simply part of the deal.
    Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    Just an FYI for anyone using weatherpanel weather program, the updating is shut off, and keeps the EVDO connection active constantly. There is a fix over at the geeks. My battery was going dead in four hours the past few DAYS, and this was the reason
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12