Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 32 of 32
  1. #21  
    I have no relation to any posters, reviewers or anything. I'm an individual that has seen HUNDREDS of posts LOST to 2 individuals (and all their friends) attacking each other over a comment that one person made. I am not asking you to stop making comments about a review, I was moreso asking you to not respond to JGOLD's attack of you and your comments of the video.

    I apologize if you felt like I was directing this to you, I was moreso hoping that nobody else including you got into JGOLD's comments

    I hope this clarifies my intentions...
  2. #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by calicustomz View Post
    I have no relation to any posters, reviewers or anything. I'm an individual that has seen HUNDREDS of posts LOST to 2 individuals (and all their friends) attacking each other over a comment that one person made. I am not asking you to stop making comments about a review, I was moreso asking you to not respond to JGOLD's attack of you and your comments of the video.

    I apologize if you felt like I was directing this to you, I was moreso hoping that nobody else including you got into JGOLD's comments

    I hope this clarifies my intentions...

    Hi, there is nothing to do with you, calicustomz, I just quoted wrong post. Sorry about it.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3. #23  
    No worries, just wanted to try and clean up before there is a mess!

    Nice to meet you though!

    Have a great week!
  4. #24  
    JNGold is right. We got the unit and did the overview the same day. It did not have any additional applications on it and all we wanted was to show that the Treo was running WM6. I don't think that we have been dissmissive of WM6 we just have not had that much time to go over the new OS yet. That should change now that we have the OS and a good device to run it on.
    With that being said just take the video for what it is, a demonstration of the OS running on the Treo. Nothing more, nothing less.
  5. #25  
    I've had my share of WM6 pre-release versions and I have to say, it is definitely an improvement. However, I must also say that there aren't THAT MANY upgrades embedded. Most of us are comparing it to the treo 750 (with good reason, considering where we are), but you must remember that there have been MANY updates to the OS since AKU 2.3. Some of the "new features" aren't really that new. BUT, that being said I will upgrade to wm6 in a heartbeat if it is available on the Treo. It's quicker (IMO) and more stable than wm5.

    I think the video is fair. Could he have shown us moe in 8+ minutes? Sure. HTML email would have been nice, for starters. But to call the guy an "*****?" Only on an Internet message board...
  6. mob2day's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #26  
    Wow! I find your quote amazing. For the record this was my video of WM6 on a Treo.. Not a review! I also know this is a device directly from Microsoft so it probably will be as final looking as they get. I haven't seen any other video of WM6 anywhere? Have you?


    Also please before you disrespect someone who runs one of the longest standing Windows Mobile sites on the net (2000) please show a little respect! I don't know many people who ever stated I was an ***** due to a video I posted?

    Comon next time be more mature and enjoy the video.

    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    There are a lot of new stuff in wm6. This video review is the WORSE review I ever saw. The reviewer must be ***** because he didn't find anything new in WM6. I attached a PDF in this post, you can check it by yourself.

    By the way, the speed boost is noticeable in wm6.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mob2day View Post
    Wow! I find your quote amazing. For the record this was my video of WM6 on a Treo.. Not a review! I also know this is a device directly from Microsoft so it probably will be as final looking as they get. I haven't seen any other video of WM6 anywhere? Have you?


    Also please before you disrespect someone who runs one of the longest standing Windows Mobile sites on the net (2000) please show a little respect! I don't know many people who ever stated I was an ***** due to a video I posted?

    Comon next time be more mature and enjoy the video.
    Well stated , and thank you for posting the video. One question that I couldn't see from the video. Is it still running in the 240x240 resolution, or is it in the 320x320. Would be interesting to know if the 750 will support that resolution.

  8. mob2day's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #28  
    240x240 from my tests

    Not much difference like I stated prior. Palm & Microsoft did a good job tweaking this unit for sure.
  9. mbamenra's Avatar
    Posts
    91 Posts
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    #29  
    Cellneuron, you're cool people in my book. I don't understand why so many hypersensitive folks have been riding you so much, especially when they're much more guilty of the same "poor attitude" infractions that they purport that you've committed. Much props to you for your contributions and your opinions.

    That said, even after viewing the WM5 vs WM6 comparison, I can't help but feeling that most of the new features of WM5 will be lost on the average user. Other than HTML email and some spiffy icons, I can't say I'm doing back flips. It's one of those "This is a wonderful improvement, not because I understand the improvements, but more because the techie folks say it's so great" type of feelings.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Well stated , and thank you for posting the video. One question that I couldn't see from the video. Is it still running in the 240x240 resolution, or is it in the 320x320. Would be interesting to know if the 750 will support that resolution.

    Many thanks for posting the video, at least we know its possible to run WM6 on the current 750s. the current 750s will not be able to support 320 x 320 due to the physical properties of the screen which is different than the 680s. Because WM6 supports 240 x 240, there shouldn't be any issues as proved by the video. The NEW 750 with WM6 pre loaded, might have 320 x 320 screens though.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Of all my hacks, I am the original founder of the side button, jog wheel, restore speaker icon...
    originator? zoinks, i'm embarrassed to do this but had you done a search you would have found that I had already provided the 'solution' for bringing back the speaker icon here and here. kthxbye!
    *runs away*
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    originator? zoinks, i'm embarrassed to do this but had you done a search you would have found that I had already provided the 'solution' for bringing back the speaker icon here and here. kthxbye!
    *runs away*
    I didn't do the search. Thanks for reminding. I did start a thread asking about how to do it and I didn't get the reply.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=139321
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

    Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions