Page 92 of 108 FirstFirst ... 42828788899091929394959697102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2146
  1.    #1821  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    You guys are in denial if you think this rewrite is a few day event. I predict failure right from the start, but what do I know. I'm planning to continue using the current exe while you guys have fun prototyping this new exe/mscr combo. I don't think we should stop development for a month while you guys are tinkering.

BTW I did perforance testing of the old AC mscr in the past and it did require to implement the whole thing as an exe. Thanks for asking btw before heading off in that direction Sling.
    Ouch denial None here my friend.I know your overwhelmed with a heavy work load so the direction we were thinking would take pressure off you yet bringing some team work back into play of the overall app.
    The thing you are missing Sling is that I put a lot of work into the exe to make it easy for you and Cody to edit and change. I'm not sure what happened to you wanting to learn eVC++. You canceled the training session and never rescheduled.

The reason why your new adventure is going to fail is because MortScript is just too slow for the loop. You really can't split it up like you think and expect performance to be good. Instead of penalizing the users you should learn how to work with the existing exe. But that's just my opinion that was never asked for.
  3.    #1823  
    hannip I just don't want you to feel overloaded .That was the feeling i had gotten from are last email session .I don't .....Repeat.....I don't want to take the performance from the app....We both are slammed at work yet maybe we can do the phone chat on Sunday if time is available on both ends.
    If you learn how to use the current exe that would free me up, right? I can make time to teach you and Cody. I already told Cody I would send him examples and to get a starter book on C++ to learn the concepts.
  5.    #1825  
    Sounds good Paul.I think Cody may have an issue with getting tools loaded using VISTA.We all have a pow wow when time permits and figure this out.
    this should work
    Attached Files Attached Files
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Sounds good Paul.I think Cody may have an issue with getting tools loaded using VISTA.We all have a pow wow when time permits and figure this out.
    i decided monday that i wanted to learn this. not just for treo alert, but just cause. i am going to buy a version of xp and load it in place of vista. may take a few days but i am going to try.
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by MVT View Post
    this should work
    that looks good. too bad my computer is down. tried to load a hacked version of xp. lol. need more money. someone else is going to have to compair reg and find out what is different. we will make it happen though.

thanks MVT
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    hacked version of XP?!

LOL. Lets take up a collection to buy cody a licensed copy of XP!

I'm good for $10. anyone else?
    I'm now running Beta 7 and love the new features. Works great Guys. Keep up the good work!!
  11.    #1831  
    I'm good for 10 bucs but i want to see the receipt lol
    ok,

$215 dollars later i got xp home. pro was just too much money. i am an honest man. every time i try and take short cuts with hacked software, god gets me. it never works for me. that's alright, i like being honest. just feels better.

well after getting xp i needed to partiton my hard drive so i could run vista and xp. i like vista, it just things dont run on it all the time. like this eVC++ stuff that is needed to do the exe in treo alert. anyhow after 10 hours of installing and reinstalling i finally got it to duel boot. the next problem was all the xp drivers were too old for my notebook. had to contact hp to get download link. 2 hrs later i got everything downloaded. man this has sure turned into a project. i am doing windows updates now. should be up and running normal this weekend. i still need to get some c++ book like hannip said to learn C++. I will learn for sure now. got to much in to this to stop now. lol.

anyone wants to send money, i do have this paypal account.
    Dang, you might've been able to buy another pc with XP installed for that price.
  14.    #1834  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok,

$215 dollars later i got xp home. pro was just too much money. i am an honest man. every time i try and take short cuts with hacked software, god gets me. it never works for me. that's alright, i like being honest. just feels better.

well after getting xp i needed to partiton my hard drive so i could run vista and xp. i like vista, it just things dont run on it all the time. like this eVC++ stuff that is needed to do the exe in treo alert. anyhow after 10 hours of installing and reinstalling i finally got it to duel boot. the next problem was all the xp drivers were too old for my notebook. had to contact hp to get download link. 2 hrs later i got everything downloaded. man this has sure turned into a project. i am doing windows updates now. should be up and running normal this weekend. i still need to get some c++ book like hannip said to learn C++. I will learn for sure now. got to much in to this to stop now. lol.

anyone wants to send money, i do have this paypal account.
    I will drop you twenty bucs Sunday after church Cody.The money spender has my credit cards more then likely using them at,
    1)Target
    2)Walmart
    3)Dillards
    4)JC Pennys
    And Oh yeah...Lunch/dinner at Chili's lol lol
    She can get away with her spending spree because as you know I upgraded to the samsung 50" Plasma tv last week lol
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I will drop you twenty bucs Sunday after church Cody.

thanks sling.

update
    yes, i did it. duel boot xp and vista. took a lot of work, but even without the duel boot, loading xp on a system without the drivers was going to be a job. anyhow, i have done it. slowly but surely loading my programs back up. looking for c++ learners manuals online. i dont have any money left to buy books. lol. maybe a libary. i dont know. just wanted to touch base and let you guys guys know i was still alive.

?'s did anyone look into MVT registry for the things we need to consider to get treo alert working for that device? (post 1826)

and did anyone have a chance to look into resizing the xcast display for carrier plugin?

hannip, sling, i was thinking. we have an "xcastlongdisplay" and an "xcastshortdisplay". any chance on either making a third xcast display? i was seeing that the carrier bar plugin version used the short display when using the status. there is still so much room. i was thinking on a carrier bar with status = "shortxcastdisplay". carrier bar without status or plugin with status= "mediumxcastdisplay". and plugin without status = longxcastdisplay.

i can help write what needs to be wrote maybe later tonight or tommorrow if someone else isn't already working on it. just let me know.

cody
    Sounds good to me Cody. If you want we can use that as your first eVC++ task. It should be a relatively minor change in the exe and a change to Xcast.mscr.

I'm glad you got your XP set up. Check out the Code Project site for c++ info and examples. http://www.codeproject.com/cpp/#Beginners

I wouldn't get too overwelmed with learning everything all at once. You can learn as you go by simply making common sense changes to the existing code and see if it compiles and runs. I'll be right here to mentor you through it.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/18/2007 at 06:05 PM.
  17.    #1837  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    thanks sling.

You Welcome
    first off i woulld like to thank jbcross, MVT, and slingbox for your donations. it really helps.

now the bad news. this evc++ crap is really hard to install. i am working with hannip on tring to figure out why it's not working. we will figure it out though.

just wanted to say thanks agian and let everyone know what was going on.

thanks, cody
    Last edited by codyppc; 08/21/2007 at 01:09 PM.
    Cody,

I sent you the $10 I promised toward your XP purchase.
    I'm still alive and kicking. lol

What have I been doing lately with respect to TA? I've been working on stability. There is a problem where the exe exits and restarts. This is the cause of the periodic run away led blinking. I've been working to make the code more robust to do things such as check the existance of files before trying to access or run them. I'm also adding in call tracing to narrow down where problems occur. Also adding in more Mort funcs to my c++ lib.

I want to get this bug fixed before adding more features. It seems to be more stable since I added the file existance check, but there is still something that is causing it to exit on occasion which I'm tracking down.