Page 83 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3373787980818283848586878893 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,660 of 2146
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    have any of you gotten or are running rltoday? i installed the new version to test it out and well it runs well untill i soft rest the device...i have a 750...and on boot up it just freezes...any ideas...or untill the fix that stay away...cause the only way to get your device running again is to attached it to sync ur device and just delete rltoday folder then soft reset and then goto settings to remove program...that is a hassle...or if you dont sync well a hard reset is the only other way i see to get ur device back up and running...
    I don't mean to sound like a jerk rino, but do you even read the posts in this thread before you post. the two posts before your where about rltoday. I only gave one of my issues, but I have many more. I only had it for say 15 minutes. I had a lot of screen flicker every time I went to one of the stock plugins on my todat screen.
    the only good thing I can say about the app is it uninstalled fr me. glad I didn't have to do what you did rino. I know many use it from the looks of the site and forum, but I won't. i'm not into putting down other peoples apps but since hannip mentioned it the first time' and rino the second time.... I just replied.

to each his own I guess.

oh, and for the record.... sling, hannip..... you are my friends. sorry for the way I left you all alone. unfortunately, my only two friends in the whole world, I have never met. wow.

cody
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    ahh not to worry cody i didnt take it as you being a jerk...but i had to share cause it looked like a nice program, but i dont think the peeps that are running it are using or running it on treo's...
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    ok, the new beta 5 version has two issues i can see.

1. when installing on my 6800.... the device just sits on the "show wait cursor", forever. after i soft reset, it showed up on the today screen and appears to be totally installed.

2. when toggling between vibrate from the today screen, i get a vibe when going back to sound and not when going to viberate. i changed...

VMS = RegRead( "HKCU", "ControlPanel\Notifications\ShellOverrides", "Mode" )

If (VMS = 0)
    Vibrate( 700 )
    EndIf

to...

If (VMS = 1)

i know hannip. that's what i sent you as well. i dont know, i thought it was working right.lol. anyhow, that's an easy fix.

how to fix the install issue... i have no idea. i did install twice just to make sure there is a problem. the second time i let the wait cursor spin for 5 minutes. it never stoped.

good job team.

ps: is may name ever going to get put back on it? slinghann just makes me feel so left out. lol. sling creations at least made me feel like i worked for someone.

ok, i have looked and looked and couldn't find anything wrong, so....

i did a hard reset and tried it agian. install went fine. hard reset agian and it worked the second time.

i dont know what i was thinking. i did get to long wait cursors the other day. it must have been some other app i was or have previously installed.

so, all i see that needs to be fixed is the vibrate.mscr. change 0 to 1

thanks, cody
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    ahh not to worry cody i didnt take it as you being a jerk...but i had to share cause it looked like a nice program, but i dont think the peeps that are running it are using or running it on treo's...
    i'm not either. i am using a ppc-6800 now.
    Rino808,

I use the rltoday as an alternative to the billboard plugin as I wanted to control the font size and center the text. It has worked very well for my needs. My rltoday plugin is pretty simple, so there is little chance it will cause issues like some of the elaborate rltoday plugins I have seen. I also run it on a 6800 rather than on a Treo.

I have attached a screenshot of the rltoday plugin I setup and the billboard plugin by each other. There isn't a huge difference, but I like being able to customize, tweak things too...I'm in a 12 step program about it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stroths; 07/14/2007 at 08:29 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    From are friend helmsly 76
    is there still a chance to implement flashing led for radio signal? sorry to keep bugging u guys about it.
    End quote

Yes
    wow, thanks sling. but seems like i'm the only one around who wish to see the signal led.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey stroth, that is very nice and simple...but i think that the problem is with rltoday running on the treo...
    This is from someone who has no idea....but;
    If I currently have my Voicemail LED blinking Green, and I want it to blink Red. Why can't we (you guys) change the command so voicemail blinks Red. Then change another so voicemail blinks Orange. People can then download the one they want, copy and paste it into the folder, overwriting the original script.
    I realize untimately you want to have it as a choice in the menu. While I would like that, I doen't see myself needing to change the color on the fly once I settle on it.
    Just a thought......Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsley76 View Post
    wow, thanks sling. but seems like i'm the only one around who wish to see the signal led.
    You might be Many of get rid of that and only get the flahing led for lack of signal.
    I wouldn't mind having the good old green LED flashing again.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Rino808,

I use the rltoday as an alternative to the billboard plugin as I wanted to control the font size and center the text. It has worked very well for my needs. My rltoday plugin is pretty simple, so there is little chance it will cause issues like some of the elaborate rltoday plugins I have seen. I also run it on a 6800 rather than on a Treo.

I have attached a screenshot of the rltoday plugin I setup and the billboard plugin by each other. There isn't a huge difference, but I like being able to customize, tweak things too...I'm in a 12 step program about it
    can you select the treo alert plugin "rltoday style" and get to the menu options? like in this picture.

thats a must for me.

cody
  12.    #1652  
    Nice post cody
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    can you select the treo alert plugin "rltoday style" and get to the menu options? like in this picture.

thats a must for me.

cody
    When I click the rltoday plugin it does the same thing as clicking the TreoAlert icon in your program files (see below). For now, I don't need the functions in the drop down menu as I have bluetooth and sound/vibrate toggle assigned to hard keys. My point is that I have the ability to control the size and appearance using the rltoday plugin.

14.    #1654  
    I like you current skin but what is the point of having the TA plugin displaying the miss and the tabs as well.I understand that you have the tap option on the tab taking you into the pending but it does seem a wast of today screen space.
    The miss and tabs are all part of the HTC Home Plug. I can't take out the missed calls/emails/sms tabs without losing the other functions of the plugin (see below). The data from TA helps me with my memory, battery and a quick look at the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    When I click the rltoday plugin it does the same thing as clicking the TreoAlert icon in your program files (see below). For now, I don't need the functions in the drop down menu as I have bluetooth and sound/vibrate toggle assigned to hard keys. My point is that I have the ability to control the size and appearance using the rltoday plugin.

ok, that's a starter, but can you do that with the dpad or scroll wheel. I only played with rltoday for a few minutes. it didn't work like that for me. I guess it sounds funny, but I want a touch screen, but I don't want to HAVE TO use it. I love the dpad and new scroll wheel.

plus, this is a treo alert thread. maybe to keep from hyjacking slingboxes thread with all this rltoday stuff. you (stroths) should start a rltoday thread somewhere else. you seem to be the man for the job.

thanks, cody
    You can't navigate with the scroll/d-pad yet.

The rltoday data I gave was specifically about its use with TA, so its relevant to this discussion. I wanted to show what it can do in case it might be useful as an addon to TA. Improving TA is what this thread is all about. I don't plan on doing much more with it at this time, but I'll definitely take your suggestion and see what I can do with it.
    removed.
    Last edited by codyppc; 07/14/2007 at 05:45 PM.
    I see nothing wrong with exploring rltoday with Treo Alerts. The more ideas the better. At some point I'm sure one handed support will be added. If rltoday talk starts taking over the thread a new one can be started as Cody suggests.
  20.    #1660  
    I agree With any user of TA using it there own way.Skin it to high heaven though I do ask for separate thread be started like cody && hannip suggested .This will save users of both apps confusion when it come to the trouble shoot.
    If for some reason you do have issues with TA with both app,s combined don't expect answers to the fix here.As cody stated I do like TA clean as possible.Clean gives better performance with less headaches for betas and final build and over all usability .This is true for any app..
    TA sooner then later we hope will have a skinnable Plugin...That's are current direction .I'm sure many will be pleased with the outcome.

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 07/14/2007 at 05:55 PM.