Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 2146
  1. #1541  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    thanks hannip and sling...hey cody i also got to attend a wedding tomm...you know everyone is going crazy to get married on 07-07-07....lol...i fly out to maui tonight...but i will take my computer with me to keep up to date...hey guys how hard or easy is evc???
    LOL. i'm the best man. it's going to be like all day long. i have to be there at 9:00 am. i think the wedding is at 2 and then all the party afterwards. i dont know when i'll get home.
  2. #1542  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Cody, Sling and I are having a conference on eVC tomorrow if you want to join the fun. The goal is to set up the environment and learn how to modify and build the AC exe.
    damn it. you know what i got to do today. send me the podcast. damn it damn it.
  3. #1543  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    One thing you could work on is integrating wowthatisrandom's vibrate (silencer) functionality into TA. You could even set the HKLM System\State\Hardware Ringer value based on the vibrate setting so it works exactly like the treo hardware switch, but on the 6800.

    He (wowthatisrandom) has already suggested that we integrate this into TA so we have permission.

    You could code it up in a way so that only non-treo devices have this feature available.

    i think i can do that. maybe not as fast as some of you guys, but i can do it. it wont be done this weekend for sure, but this week some time.
  4. #1544  
    webedc, are you soft resetting soon after you set your preferences in TA? It usually takes a couple minutes for reg changes to "stick" so if you are soft resetting too soon after making changes that might explain it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  5. #1545  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    damn it. you know what i got to do today. send me the podcast. damn it damn it.
    hmm, sorry, you are free to call me anytime for a personal session.
  6. #1546  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    I used the "exit" on the menu.

    No doubt this situation may be unique to my device. Short of doing a hard-reset, I appreciate any suggestions - e.g. a registry removal or some files that need to be removed by hand when doing an uninstall? I suspect that the uninstall of 7.2 Complete via "remove programs" was not done completely which barred my device from loading any other version (FYI, this happened once to me when I tried to roll back from 7.2 to 6.x).

    Thanks.
    The install wipes out any existing reg settings so there is nothing you need to clean out. How are you soft resetting? via an app or via the reset hole? You should always use an app to soft reset or reg settings can be lost as Scotty has suggested.
  7.    #1547  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    I think you might be on to something Sling. Today I skipped riding the bike because of the storms (which turned out to be a 30% chance). I would have risked it
    Choice 1
    10a: 87 (90/75) Storms+7p
    hmm it currently 10am,your temp,there are storms at 10am thru 7pm
    DONT RIDE THAT BIKE

    Choice 2
    10am>87*SUNNY(Prcip.30%)
    It,s currently 10am,Your temp is 87 degress,Sunny with a 30% chance of precip
    RIDE THAT BIKE


    Both choices are the same time,same place.
    Choice 1 says storms till 7pm yet there is only 30% chance of rain as can be seen by choice 2.
    Choice 2 says 30% of precip with nice sunny skys

    I look at choice 2 as WP.You see your current forcast displayed.If you want to get the what is going to happen info through out the day we can add a tab in TA main menu that will take you into a detail forcast.You would then find that there is a chance of storms in the late afternoon and evening.This again will have you on that bike steaming down the trail...wind hitting your face as you enjoy your summer day knowing when the sky will fall.
    The outcome is 100% better then choice 1 were currently using to control are everyday outdoor life.
    These simple features can be added to xcast improving the app for many more will use. Unfortunately I am currently sick as a dog so I will not be able to work on making xcast more productive today..maybe tomorrow depending how sling feels PLUS
    I have not asked permission from the builder of this app yet to make changes.

    hmm im going to post this in xcast thread because it makes so much darn sense and that is hard for me to come by sometimes lol lol lol
    No comment from cody or hannip needed lol lol
    Last edited by slingbox; 07/07/2007 at 11:55 AM.
  8. #1548  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    One thing you could work on is integrating wowthatisrandom's vibrate (silencer) functionality into TA. You could even set the HKLM System\State\Hardware Ringer value based on the vibrate setting so it works exactly like the treo hardware switch, but on the 6800.

    He (wowthatisrandom) has already suggested that we integrate this into TA so we have permission.

    You could code it up in a way so that only non-treo devices have this feature available.
    are you wanting to make this "wowthatisrandom's vibrate" part of ta? are you wanting it part of the ta plugin for non treo devices or for even the carrier bar options?

    i have figured out how to read if the device was on viberate. so that if say thier alert setting was on 3 and the went to vibe on there phone it would vibe on 2 minute reminder and then alert reminder.wav when thay turn their device back to ring. either by using the wowthatisrandom's vibrate app or by the device it self.

    as i was getting ready to tell you what i found i re read what you asked for. i thought you wanted to fix the alert status (3) but you may want to put a app into an app. hmmm
  9. #1549  
    Cody, what I was thinking was maybe an additional menu option on the billboard plugin for non treo devices to basically do what the treo ringer switch does. However you want to do that is fine. I wasn't thinking of putting an app in an app, I was thinking of just adding that one menu option and copy the vibate code from wowthatisrandom's app and put it in TA. However if there is a better option that you found that is fine too.
  10. #1550  
    got it. just vibe on or off. no ringer level choice thing.
  11. webedc's Avatar
    Posts
    492 Posts
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    #1551  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    The install wipes out any existing reg settings so there is nothing you need to clean out. How are you soft resetting? via an app or via the reset hole? You should always use an app to soft reset or reg settings can be lost as Scotty has suggested.
    Thanks for your and Scotty's help. I will try to wait a while before I do a soft-reset. (I don't have an app to soft reset.)
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
  12. #1552  
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc View Post
    Thanks for your and Scotty's help. I will try to wait a while before I do a soft-reset. (I don't have an app to soft reset.)

    Here is a free one.

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...6&postcount=12
  13. #1553  
    quick question.... where does ta read the vibe swich for the treo's?

    I want to put the read for the other phones in the same place. must be over looking it.

    cody

    ???

    # If VIB and Ringer is off shake it up
    G = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS", "VIB" )
    If ( RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Ringer" ) )
    V = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Ringer" )
    Else
    # must not be a Treo so assume the ringer is on
    V = 1
    EndIf
    If ( G = 0 && V = 0 )
    Run ( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "1 1" )
    Sleep 1400
    Run ( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "1 0" )
    EndIf
    Last edited by codyppc; 07/08/2007 at 01:50 PM.
  14. sliders7's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #1554  
    Hello mate,

    what a wonderfull software btw is it possible to "Turn off" the VIBE ? only the Vibe "Off" while everything else still up (LED & Reminder).

    Because i notice Vibe use lots of energy.. I think i'm ok with just Reminder and LED.

    Thanks a bunch
    Save the cheerleader, Save The World!

    Treo 750v user and loving it!
  15. #1555  
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    quick question.... where does ta read the vibe swich for the treo's?

    I want to put the read for the other phones in the same place. must be over looking it.

    cody

    ???

    # If VIB and Ringer is off shake it up
    G = RegRead ("HKLM", "Software\Mort's MortScript\TREO ALERTS", "VIB" )
    If ( RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Ringer" ) )
    V = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Ringer" )
    Else
    # must not be a Treo so assume the ringer is on
    V = 1
    EndIf
    If ( G = 0 && V = 0 )
    Run ( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "1 1" )
    Sleep 1400
    Run ( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "1 0" )
    EndIf
    Cody, If Ringer value is 0 then vibe is on. It's read in ALERTS.mscr, V-mail.mscr and TEXT.mscr.
  16. #1556  
    Quote Originally Posted by sliders7 View Post
    Hello mate,

    what a wonderfull software btw is it possible to "Turn off" the VIBE ? only the Vibe "Off" while everything else still up (LED & Reminder).

    Because i notice Vibe use lots of energy.. I think i'm ok with just Reminder and LED.

    Thanks a bunch
    Alert setting (3) has vibe off unless the ringer switch is off.
  17. #1557  
    ok, been working on the vibe thing for a little while. dont like it.

    i never played with wowthatisrandom's vibrate app until now. it is better than nothing but it doesn't put the volume settings back to where you had them before you set vibrate. plus, the biggie for me is it doesn't change the little speaker icon in the start bar. i need to play a little. i have done a few reg exports and ran them with a compair program. there is not a lot of changes. not many that he didn't use in his app. i have wrote something different that can overcome the "remember my last volume settings before vibe" problem, but i cant get the icon to change.

    i think the best way to do this is either with screen taps or with an exe like you (hannip) did the bluetooth. either one of those would do the remember thing and the icon.

    i'm up for suggestions.

    cody
  18. sliders7's Avatar
    Posts
    7 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #1558  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Alert setting (3) has vibe off unless the ringer switch is off.
    Hannip, Thank You mate!
    Save the cheerleader, Save The World!

    Treo 750v user and loving it!
  19. #1559  
    Cody,

    Check out V_Vibrate linked below. Its an executable someone wrote that actually switches to vibrate mode or back to normal ringer mode without using the registry. It appears to have the same effect that manually clicking the speaker/vibrate icon and changing it that way. Maybe you could get permission from the author to include it in TA, so you wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel. It only appears to need an 8k executable (with switches) to run.

    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=279228
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  20. #1560  
    I've been out of the scene for a while but I'm glad to see that development continued! Just upgraded to 8.2 beta 4. Wow... I was running 5.2 so it was a pretty big jump in the amount of options.

    In earlier versions I had requested (and you guys were nice enough to provide) an alert level of LED + VIBE to keep TA stealthy but still make sure I get notified. I note that it's gone again and all of the VIBE alert levels include sound of some type so the only way I can get VIBE with no sound on my 750 is to silence the whole device.

    Any chance of getting VIBE+LED back?



    Thanks!

Posting Permissions