Page 67 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1757626364656667686970717277 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2146
    One more thing... I just noticed that after the system sounds become disabled if I just push the pwr/hang up button once to turn off the screen and then push it again to turn the screen on again the system sounds work once. After the first audible noise they are dead again though.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    One more thing... I just noticed that after the system sounds become disabled if I just push the pwr/hang up button once to turn off the screen and then push it again to turn the screen on again the system sounds work once. After the first audible noise they are dead again though.
    I can add some observations. First of all, I have a Verizon 700wx. I have never installed Phone Alarm or phoneweaver.

I did some testing, and the following pieces of info should be very relevent:

- TA 6.2 Lite Complete was the last version without this issue

- TA 6.2 Lite Silver edition and later editions all have the issue, so something seems to have changed between original 6.2 Lite and 6.2 Lite Silver

- Although the system sounds go "dead", you can still hear them all through a BT or a wired headset. It is almost as if TA does something to make Treo think it is in headset mode, so external speakers get shut off..

- For me, not just email kills the sounds. SMS and missed calls do also.

- As you said, soft reset or flight mode cycle turns them back on for a nanosecond and they go dead again almost immediately, as soon as the TA script "realizes" there is a pending notification

Last week, I tried to PM Cody, Sling, and Hannip bringing up this issue, but I'm new to PM, so I must have screwed it up.
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    Im having this same issue.

As a side issue (or this could be a feature) my rotation stops rotating if I get a message, email (etc).
  4.    #1324  
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    I can add some observations. First of all, I have a Verizon 700wx. I have never installed Phone Alarm or phoneweaver.

I did some testing, and the following pieces of info should be very relevent:

- TA 6.2 Lite Complete was the last version without this issue

- TA 6.2 Lite Silver edition and later editions all have the issue, so something seems to have changed between original 6.2 Lite and 6.2 Lite Silver

- Although the system sounds go "dead", you can still hear them all through a BT or a wired headset. It is almost as if TA does something to make Treo think it is in headset mode, so external speakers get shut off..

- For me, not just email kills the sounds. SMS and missed calls do also.

- As you said, soft reset or flight mode cycle turns them back on for a nanosecond and they go dead again almost immediately, as soon as the TA script "realizes" there is a pending notification

Last week, I tried to PM Cody, Sling, and Hannip bringing up this issue, but I'm new to PM, so I must have screwed it up.
    Just checked PM box and you did PM me.Sorry for lack of response.
    The 6.2 silver edition is the exact same build as the 6.2 Complete.The silver just had Xcast taken out with updated Treoled for brighter blink color.So Basically it has the same engine.Why one works and not the ether
    The 7.2 is a different story though...We will figure it out.
  5.    #1325  
    What I can do is update the 6.2 complete with the updated treoled.exe file making 2 small changes to the AC.mscr for led blink colors and re-release as a hold over till the 7.2 is worthy of download.There does seem to be issues with build that I can not resolve because the AC.mscr in the 7.2 build is eVC.
    Give me an hour and I will drop updated 6.2 complete.At 237 downloads of 6.2 complete it had little to no complaints.
    My 700wx keeps locking up with the latest TA build.

I was curious, what I like about TA is the Xcast, long date, Missed messages, phone status rotation.

Or, I should say thats all I use it for. Is there other functionality? Im not really interested in the repeating alerts.
  7.    #1327  
    It has led alert with 3 led colors,Reminder alert that can bet set from 2 min to 30 min,6 display choices for carrier plugin with rotation setting,Xcast,
    5 alert settings,Voice caller ID reminder that repeats the last # number that called you,Timer setting for sleep awake mode.
    We were thinking about adding the treo time machine function but hmm
    Thats about it lol
    The app keeps you alert of all pendings as it's ment to be.Were just having the extreme issues with the 7.2
  8.    #1328  
    I pulled the 7.2 beta and dropped updated 6.2 lite 2. Its the exact same build as 6.2 complete.The only difference is updated treoled.exe for bright led blink.I hope we can get the 7.2 re-posted soon with the fix needed.
    Sorry to all

Phil C
    Just put the new 6.2 build on and everything seems fine. Thanks! I even have phoneweaver working fine along with TA6.2.

I like some of the functionality of both 6.2 and 7.2. I like being able to only have the date showing in long form without the TA notification level number. But I do like the option to rotate up there too like in 7.2. I really like how you can change the notification timer in 7.2.
    oK I guess I spoke to soon with 6.2. Everything is fine as long as I get a missed call before an email alert. If the email alert comes first then all system sounds are disabled.

So if a missed call comes in and then an email comes all is fine. But if an email comes in I hear the tone but that's the end of system sounds.
    This might be a dumb question, but is there a stand alone Xcast (for the moment until TA is squared away)?
  12.    #1332  
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    oK I guess I spoke to soon with 6.2. Everything is fine as long as I get a missed call before an email alert. If the email alert comes first then all system sounds are disabled.

So if a missed call comes in and then an email comes all is fine. But if an email comes in I hear the tone but that's the end of system sounds.
    scub I dont know what to tell you my friend.The 6.2 build thats not working for you got over 237 downloads with very few problems.I ran the build for over a month with no problems.By the post count you will find that little to no users had issues as well.Im running the build currently posted subjecting it to your set back found and not been able to recreate it.At times there will be a missed voice alert pend sound but it will be heard like norm in all alerts following in that pending catch.Think of it this way without having TA installed on your device.Have you ever got a call and the ringer sometimes does not ring but it shows missed call or voice mail.I have on a couple occasions here and there.This is a norm for any app or OS.If your looking for flawless operation out of any app it's pretty darn hard to find.

Let TA run on your device for a day and see if it gets any better for you.
    If it doesn't you may want to move onto a different app that can get the job done for you.

Phil C
  13.    #1333  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    This might be a dumb question, but is there a stand alone Xcast (for the moment until TA is squared away)?
    hmm there is an xcast thread somewhere in the forum Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I pulled the 7.2 beta and dropped updated 6.2 lite 2. Its the exact same build as 6.2 complete.The only difference is updated treoled.exe for bright led blink.I hope we can get the 7.2 re-posted soon with the fix needed.
    Sorry to all

Phil C
    Hey sling,
    If people are still having issues with this version, do you think it might be the LED code? I don't think it is, but I guess it's possible something in the new low-level code is dorking up the sound.

If you want the older version of TreoLED (minus the brighter blink and fast blink modes), I can dig it up again. If Scubaduba and Levinda can reproduce it, you could slip them the older version and see if it changes the behavior. I seriously doubt there is anything in your TA code that is "killing" all system sounds.

Levinda, Scubaduba what hardware/OS build are you guys running?

Z.
  15.    #1335  
    Z I still have a copy of the original treoled. I really don't feel the setback is from your excellent work.Ive been running it without out a hitch in 6.2.
    There is definitely some issues within 7.2 eVC that im sure can be cured with time put into it.The 6.2 currently posted is a pretty safe bet for success's for now. There's One minor issue with 6.2 loop creating a small shutter in threaded sms app and also notes/draw. Either then that it has been very very stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Z I still have a copy of the original treoled. I really don't feel the setback is from your excellent work.Ive been running it without out a hitch in 6.2
    There is definitely some issues within the 7.2 that im sure can be cured with time put into it.The 6.2 currently posted is a pretty safe bet for success's for now. There's One minor issue with 6.2 loop creating a small shutter in threaded sms app and also notes/draw. Either then that it has been very very stable.
    Cool, I didn't think so. I've been running the same version (6.2 lite silver bullet version) for a long time now to without any hiccups. I also did a bit of stress testing with the LED code to see if it might be some sort of timing issue, but nada.

Just trying to catch up, been out for awhile... sounds like Cody is outta here.

Anyways, if you need anything, just holler
  17.    #1337  
    Thanks Z
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Since I don't have a 6800 I think cody should drive this. I checked out that LED control code. It does turn on and off red, green and orange on my 750, but for blink it's using sleep in the code and when you suspend the device the led turns off for some reason. It has potential, but I have no idea how to program it to blink via hardware like what zbop has done. Maybe zbop should take a look at this code to see if it is a more elegant way than what was done in TreoLED for the 750. Plus it looks like this method might work for several HTC devices.
    I just took a look at this code and it's similar; we are using the same underlying mechanism (the lower-level LED driver), but passing completely different different values

We aren't even using the same driver ioctl number, as I am using 0x80020004 and their code is using 0x80020008.

If their code is more general-purpose and works on a larger set of phones, I'll be glad to change it, but they don't have blink working yet right? Unfortunately, I don't have a 750 or 6800 to test it either, so cody sounds like a good project for ya
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey guys i got a question, well i am still running 7.2 evc for my 750 without any problems...should i load the updated 6.2 or am i fine with the 7.2???
    Here's my info:

OS 5.1.195
    Build 14932.2.2.2
    Hardware v.A

I'll try thr silver edition if you direct me to a link. The problem I indicated has happened several times and is consistent.

Thanks guys