Page 66 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1656616263646566676869707176 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,320 of 2146
    I downloaded 7.2 yesterday and have been having problems. I am wondering if the problems are because of some sort of conflict with phoneweaver. The problem is this: all seems well with treoalert until after I get my first alert. Then all system sounds go silent. No email notification sounds, no menu sounds, and even the treoalert voice alerts nolonger work. If I turn off/on the phone radio it seems to reset sounds or if I do a soft reset. Help.
    Cody and Hannip

Check out the post #16 of this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=295729&page=2

This guy created an app that controls the LED on the Hermes and included source code. I tried it on my 6800 and I got the green LED to stop flashing and retained vibrations, but it killed the orange LED from flashing on alerts. Plus the green LED came back if I suspended and then brought it back up. A soft reset restored my stock functionality, but maybe you all can use this somehow since the source is included.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  3.    #1303  
    Check this out....
    A thread for the 6800 is a mouse click away.Please start one to keep the devices separate from each either when it comes to this app.

Thanks

Phil C
    Phil.

Hannip was talking about making the app work for both devices further up this thread, which is why I posted here.
  5.    #1305  
    I'm all for making the app work for as many PPC as we can
    Maybe creating a thread for the Mogul will keep the build of the app more organized not confusing the potential user coming into thread for the Treo.
    hmm Mogul TA development thread or what ever it will be called.We get the device nailed down in the same build and we all come together in thread once more.
    That sounds like a good idea. I'll let hannip or cody start the new thread so they will have the ability to update the first post as needed.
  7.    #1307  
    Sweet.I think it will make for a much more organized build for all.The issues within the build can be more defined per device with out everyone shaking there head.

Phil C
    Since I don't have a 6800 I think cody should drive this. I checked out that LED control code. It does turn on and off red, green and orange on my 750, but for blink it's using sleep in the code and when you suspend the device the led turns off for some reason. It has potential, but I have no idea how to program it to blink via hardware like what zbop has done. Maybe zbop should take a look at this code to see if it is a more elegant way than what was done in TreoLED for the 750. Plus it looks like this method might work for several HTC devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by scubaduba View Post
    I downloaded 7.2 yesterday and have been having problems. I am wondering if the problems are because of some sort of conflict with phoneweaver. The problem is this: all seems well with treoalert until after I get my first alert. Then all system sounds go silent. No email notification sounds, no menu sounds, and even the treoalert voice alerts nolonger work. If I turn off/on the phone radio it seems to reset sounds or if I do a soft reset. Help.
    I've had the same exact issue with my TA ever since 6.2 Lite Silver edition

I'm surpised more people are not reporting this. I don't have Phone Alarm or anything else like tat installed. I don't get it.

Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1292

Apparently phoneweaver causes the sound issues.
  11.    #1311  
    hmm..Ive noticed a couple post with W users having That Bug .
    The Silver edition is wrote in Mort and 7.2 is in eVC so they are much different builds f,sure.Why this is happening on your device on 2 different builds is very odd.
    Was the 6.2 lite complete working for you livinda?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1292

Apparently phoneweaver causes the sound issues.

Actually... I'm not sure this is true in my case anyway. Tonight I did a hard reset and did not reinstall phoneweaver. Same problem. After the first alert comes in all system sounds are disabled. Menu sounds, notification sounds, treoalert sounds etc. This is on a 700wx with no phoneweaver installed and no other profile type software after a hard reset.
  13.    #1313  
    Now thats a new one.No sounds at all for anything on a WX after first alert.
    Any suggestions???
  15.    #1315  
    Reset device and make test call.after you hear first alert wait for the second.If you dont hear second alert go to TA main menu and choose alert settings.Change the alert setting to (4):
    Let me know if you hear anything.
    i'm having a problem too w/ 7.2...I keep it on setting #1 and after my first alert, not even led blinks...it says missed call but no led...any ideas?
  17.    #1317  
    It does seem were having some clash in preformance.I myself have had very smooth running of the beta 7 with no setbacks as of yet.
    hmm.I will check in with hannip since my evc coding skill at this point is about a 2 out of 10
    Hang tight for the next few days to get the app on track and please let us know if there are any more issues.
    sling...do you think it would help if those having issues would run something like the process viewer in memaid and report what all is running? Or better yet, maybe you or hannip could throw together a quick mortscript that would output a text file with this same info as well as anything else you would need. They could then post their debug.txt (or whatever you call it) here.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Reset device and make test call.after you hear first alert wait for the second.If you dont hear second alert go to TA main menu and choose alert settings.Change the alert setting to (4):
    Let me know if you hear anything.
    Here's some more observations to help narrow down the problem.

I placed a test call, my phone rang, I didn't answer, and left the phone alone. The first reminder came in after two minutes and everything worked properly. Voice alert, vibrate, and LED reminder. So I waited for the next reminder 2 minutes later. Again, all alerts worked. My system sounds (menu "clicks" etc.) all continued working.

Then later I received email and this is where the problem seems to be. I have my treo set to give an audible tone when email is received. That tone is heard (though it is cut short by TreoAlert) and then the LED starts flashing red. At this point all system sounds go dead. No menu "clicks", no phone ringer, and even testing sounds through Media Player does not work. I can reinstate sounds by either doing a soft reset or turning off the phone radio and back on. This fix will only work until the next email comes in.

So it seems that the problem is more located in the email notification. I haven't tried turning of the email tone in Notifications & sounds yet because I don't want to loose that functionality. I need to have an audible tone when I get email.

Hope this helps. TreoAlert is really cool and restores a lot of what really should have been included in WM5 in the first place. I really want to get this working.
    And one more thing that might help. I just changed TreoAlert reminders to level 1 which is LED only. I received an email on my phone. This time the WM5 notification sounded properly and the LED is flashing properly. However, all system sounds are dead again. I thought this information might be relevant since the killing of system sounds occurs whether level 4,3, or 1 is selected.

Thanks.