Page 64 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 2146
    Quote Originally Posted by big_hemi View Post
    Hannip, I checked and found the following entries:

HKLM\Software\PalmOne \MMS -> My 700w only has "Palm", not "PalmOne"

...\Serial_Class Product=Treo 700w -> My 700w has "USB Serial for Treo 700w"

Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else to check.
    Thanks big_hemi. I've fixed devices.ini for the 700w. It will be in the next drop.
    Has anyone tried this on a 6800 yet? It sounds pretty device-specific after browsing through this thread. LED alerts, reminders and a way to turn off the blinking service LED without killing the vibrating alert would be great.
  3.    #1263  
    Did codyppc send you here nsxprime lol
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Did codyppc send you here nsxprime lol
    No, but it's good to know that others are interested in the same thing. Between the green flashing signal LED, the blue flashing bluetooth LED and the green flashing WiFi LED, it's like a freaking disco in my bedroom at night!
  5.    #1265  
    Codyppc was more then interested he was a part of building TA.I spoke to him a few days ago and he will make this sort of app a reality for the 6800 so no worries .You guys will be well taken care of.
    Im having a wierd issue with TA. When I pick the setting of how many emails, voicemails, sms, missed calls, when I get a missed call, it gets stuck on that "rotation". Right now, I have 4 missed calls according to the app, if I do a soft reset, it gets it going again but it seems that something is messed up.

Right now, the only item on the screen is a missed calls 4 screen that blinks.

any ideas what thats about?
  7.    #1267  
    TREO ALERT 7.2 BETA 7 JUST POSTED

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1205
  8.    #1268  
    Quote Originally Posted by RichTJ99 View Post
    Im having a wierd issue with TA. When I pick the setting of how many emails, voicemails, sms, missed calls, when I get a missed call, it gets stuck on that "rotation". Right now, I have 4 missed calls according to the app, if I do a soft reset, it gets it going again but it seems that something is messed up.

Right now, the only item on the screen is a missed calls 4 screen that blinks.

any ideas what thats about?
    heheh I just posted new beta build

I think that was bug fix 2
    Ahh, ok, so what do I do, uninstall this plugin & reinstall the new one or just install over it?
  10.    #1270  
    Uninstall Beta 6 Before Install Of Beta 7

ALSO ADDING ON A FUN NOTE,
    I CANT BELEAVE MORE USERS HAVE NOT BUMPED INTO
    THE TA UFO LOL LOL
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/22/2007 at 09:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    Has anyone tried this on a 6800 yet? It sounds pretty device-specific after browsing through this thread. LED alerts, reminders and a way to turn off the blinking service LED without killing the vibrating alert would be great.
    I have an older full pro version running that uses the today plugin rather than the carrier line. It works pretty well as long as you turn off the LED alerts.

EDIT: I take it back. The battery and signal meter are not correct, so I guess it doesn't even function that way. It just needs to be customized for the 6800 and it should work fine.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/23/2007 at 03:08 AM.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Where is Cody? If he could give me the reg settings to check both to add to devices.ini and for battery and signal and anything else that is broken I can easily incorporate them for the 6800. Others are welcome to help also.

I'm surprise that led doesn't work. The way I have it set for non-treo's is to use the default standard green notification led. What does it do if you have led enabled?

Where is zbop? Doesn't green-blink use the nled api in TreoLED? That should work on all devices. If some could play with NLED cab from the Fun with MortScript thread on a 6800 and let me know if it works that would be cool. If it does we could always use that for non-treo's.
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I'm using the beta 6 of LITE and I don't get any voice alerts on my 700wx...the voice works when in the menu or when booting the program but not for the actual alerts...is there anything I should check in the WM5 settings, etc? And yes - I have the program set for voice alerts and I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Where is Cody? If he could give me the reg settings to check both to add to devices.ini and for battery and signal and anything else that is broken I can easily incorporate them for the 6800. Others are welcome to help also.

I'm surprise that led doesn't work. The way I have it set for non-treo's is to use the default standard green notification led. What does it do if you have led enabled?

Where is zbop? Doesn't green-blink use the nled api in TreoLED? That should work on all devices. If some could play with NLED cab from the Fun with MortScript thread on a 6800 and let me know if it works that would be cool. If it does we could always use that for non-treo's.
    Cody has been pretty active over a few of the 6800 forums (pdaphonehome, ppcgeeks) so he probably hasn't checked here as often.

When I enabled the LED and an alert was triggered, my homescreen slowed to a crawl and the refresh/redraw was so slow I had to do a soft reset. It might have been something else that I was trying at the time.

What I would really like (as well as most HTC users) is a way to disable that damn blinking green service light. There is a registry hack to disable it, but it also disables any vibrations. Apparently its been a long standing issue that no one has figured out yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by pdawg17 View Post
    I'm using the beta 6 of LITE and I don't get any voice alerts on my 700wx...the voice works when in the menu or when booting the program but not for the actual alerts...is there anything I should check in the WM5 settings, etc? And yes - I have the program set for voice alerts and I've already tried uninstalling/reinstalling
    Switch to beta 7. There were some issues, but not voice related. So you aren't getting any voice announcements every two minutes while there are notifications active? I can't explain that unless you changed the config to set the reminder interval out really long.
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    Cody has been pretty active over a few of the 6800 forums (pdaphonehome, ppcgeeks) so he probably hasn't checked here as often.
    What a fairweather friend. lol, j/k Cody. (he'll never read it anyway. He's long gone)

When I enabled the LED and an alert was triggered, my homescreen slowed to a crawl and the refresh/redraw was so slow I had to do a soft reset. It might have been something else that I was trying at the time.
    What version are you using? If you are using Cody's "full" version it does not use the eVC speed improvements. If you are using 7.2 then switch to beta 7.

What I would really like (as well as most HTC users) is a way to disable that damn blinking green service light. There is a registry hack to disable it, but it also disables any vibrations. Apparently its been a long standing issue that no one has figured out yet.
    That might be a bit tricky. So does it also disable the vibrations from TA?
    @hannip

I was using an older version that incorporated the today plugin since the 6800 does not have a carrier plugin to display on. However, I installed the HTC Home Plugin that was pulled off a European HTC device and it does have a carrier line, but its a little shorter than the Treo's as it has the date included already at the end.

Anyways, I installed beta 7 as you suggested and the carrier line updates for missed calls, voicemails, emails, etc. The rotation works with xcast and everything else. The battery and signal display, but are not calibrated for this device I suppose since they are both incorrect.

The LED flashes orange whenever I miss anything (call, email, sms, vmail). For a few minutes it stopped flashing green and the vibration still worked, but it started flashing green again now. I suppose thats a start

The voice and vibrate reminders also appear to work as I got one 2 minutes after receiving a text message.

As far as the registry hack, from my understanding, it disables the vibration function across the board. Supposedly the dll used to control the LED also controls the vibration. Disabling one kills the other. Another forum suggested that either a new dll would need to be provided by HTC or someone would have to intercept the LED blinking and disable that as well as intercept the vibration alerts and route them appropriately.
    Last edited by stroths; 06/23/2007 at 01:11 PM.
    Very nice Strohs! Can you post a link to that home plugin for others that may want to try that please.

When Sling and I are done tweaking 7.2 lite we plan on integrating Cody's work with zbop's billboard today plugin. There will be a configuration setup to choose which plugin to use.

Curious on the orange blink. When TA is not running do you get orange blink when notifications occur or do you think TA is doing it? I guess since TreoLED is using the standard NLED API for green-blink whatever the device has set for notification blink is what is used. Good to know my coding for other devices is somewhat working.
    I believe that I had the flashing orange LED before as well when I had an alert, so the plugin is just taking advantage of that. I don't know what all colors it supports as I've only seen orange and green so far.

Here is where I got the Home Plugin. I believe it came from a WM6 device, so it may not work on a Treo. However, its worth a try for anyone brave enough.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=311225

Getting the weather to work is a little tricky, but not that hard. Here are some details on how I did mine.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...tml#post631728
    OT: you guys with your WM6 devices are making me jealous.

Comon Palm, where is my 750 update?