Page 62 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1252575859606162636465666772 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 2146
  1.    #1221  
    The weekend thing we can get the plan down.
    The UFO is a shocker heheh
    Is it necessary to uninstall earlier versions first?
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Is it necessary to uninstall earlier versions first?
    Yes, since they are named differently.
    Just wondering, you have Treo Alert able to call out the phone number calling in, is there a way to have it call out specific names instead of the numbers?

example Home, Wife, Work, Boss, Girfriend #1 ( and for some other readers) Girlfriend #2, 3, 4 or 5 ;-)

I know it would be impossible to load up everyones names but maybe a few popular ones would be fun!

Gerald in Mississauga.
    I must have done something wrong. I was running the full version with the today plugin. I uninstalled that one and installed this one and my missed email indicator is flashing green. With the older full version I would get the red blinking LED on my 700wx. Anyone else run into this?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    I posted about a month ago. I have a 700w and am pulling my hair out. Any version above 5.x WILL NOT WORK ON THIS STUPID PHONE!

I have tried everything. Symptoms are the same. After hard reset, the ONLY program I install is TA. I hard reset today and tried to install 7.2. Install went good. Heard announcement "Treo Alert Pro 7.2"

After that, NOTHING! No LED change on any event, carrier line is "Verizon Wireless", no reminders, NOTHING!!! All my other 3rd party apps work fine. I've tried installing from SD, installing from device, installing TO SD, installing TO device, soft reset after install.... Still the same result.

This is a fantastic program and I am trying to take advantage of all its functions. PLEASE HELP!!!
  7.    #1227  
    UPDATED TO BETA 6
    Sorry for delay
    Enjoy
  8.    #1228  
    Quote Originally Posted by big_hemi View Post
    I posted about a month ago. I have a 700w and am pulling my hair out. Any version above 5.x WILL NOT WORK ON THIS STUPID PHONE!

I have tried everything. Symptoms are the same. After hard reset, the ONLY program I install is TA. I hard reset today and tried to install 7.2. Install went good. Heard announcement "Treo Alert Pro 7.2"

After that, NOTHING! No LED change on any event, carrier line is "Verizon Wireless", no reminders, NOTHING!!! All my other 3rd party apps work fine. I've tried installing from SD, installing from device, installing TO SD, installing TO device, soft reset after install.... Still the same result.

This is a fantastic program and I am trying to take advantage of all its functions. PLEASE HELP!!!
    Go into the treo alert folder located in program files and tap the mortscript.exe file.You will be fine
    Sling, no luck. I've tried that several times (as per the earlier versions) without any success. I even tried taking TA.lnk out of the startup folder and manually starting it. Still no luck. I'm usually pretty good with these things, but TA has kicked my a$$... I'm open to any other suggestions if you or anyone else can help.
  10.    #1230  
    I was bragging about chopping down the size of the app by shaving the wav alerts to 88kbps in beta 5 but man of man what a mistake.The current beta 6 wav tones are much more clear and louder at 176kbps
    I'm loving it.
  11.    #1231  
    Sling, no luck. I've tried that several times (as per the earlier versions) without any success. I even tried taking TA.lnk out of the startup folder and manually starting it. Still no luck. I'm usually pretty good with these things, but TA has kicked my a$$... I'm open to any other suggestions if you or anyone else can help.
    hmm thats odd
    As confusing as it must seem to you this is a easy fix for it,s a pretty simple app when it comes down to it.
    uninstall anything TA on your device.clean your device using memaid of all dead reg.Softrest you device.Install the beta 6 just posted on your device.after it installs and you hear the 7.2 welcome greeting. Go to the treo alert folder located in program files and tap the,
    Mortscript.exe file
    Alert control file.
    Give it a few sec and you will hear welcome greeting again.There is no resion in the world this app should not work on your device.The above direction will do the trick.

When it come to the general install issue that you are having ive heard of it 3 times..
    I myself have loaded about 300-350 building/beta versions and have never ever had the issues you speak of.I did find early on sometimes the mort.exe was not starting and the screen tap did the trick.
    Last edited by slingbox; 06/19/2007 at 11:56 PM.
    Sling, I followed your directions exactly. After I hear "Treo Alert Pro 7.2" the second time, nothing changes. Verizon Wireless is still in the carrier line. I sent a SMS to myself. No LED changes, no reminders, no nothing.
  13.    #1233  
    So you gave the mort.exe then the alert control.exe file a screen tap .These 2 files are located in the treo alert folder .
    You dont hear welcome sound?
    Carrir plugin had no change?...hemi you are not tapping the right files with your stylist ???
    once you tap those 2 files the app has no choice but to restart.
    When you taped the mortscript.exe file did a pop up appear?
  14.    #1234  
    Sling, I followed your directions exactly. After I hear "Treo Alert Pro 7.2" the second time, nothing changes. Verizon Wireless is still in the carrier line. I sent a SMS to myself. No LED changes, no reminders, no nothing.
    Time out
    after you hear welcome sound tap the app icon,go to alert settings menu and choose the (3):=Reminder & vibe & led setting.That turns on your alerts hehe.
    Then go to display setting menu and choose display view that yu want to see in carrie plugin.
    Did all that, too. Still no change. Anyone else having this problem with a 700w?
    big_hemi there must be something different about your 700w. Go to start-settings and on the system tab click About icon. List what the Build string is on the Version tab and also list the Software Version from the Phone tab.

Also check what TA thinks your device is by checking the Device reg string under HKLM\Software\Mort's MortScript
    Hey guys i had this problem a little while back. What seems to happen is the latest device ini didnt seem to find my device as a verizon 700w. when I looked in the registry for device it was blank. I had to load an older version I think it was 5.8 or 6.2. When i went to unload the older version i left that part in the registry and cleaned out everything else. It seems that if the device ini is not finding the device as a 700w it doesn't know where to write to the carrier line. Big Hemi go to hklm\software\Mort's Mortsript and see what you have for device the string should be Verizon Treo 700w. Hope this helps. Let us know

Sorry Hannip didn't see that you had already told him to check the registry.
    Last edited by kinger2; 06/20/2007 at 09:02 AM.
    Hahaha nice UFO Sling
  19.    #1239  
    hehehe.
    kinger, under Device, the string is Unknown. Should I make it "Verizon Treo 700w"? With spaces?

han, version 5.1.195 (Build 14929.2.2.1)
    Software version 700W-1.10-VZW
    Last edited by big_hemi; 06/20/2007 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Version #'s