Page 53 of 108 FirstFirst ... 343484950515253545556575863103 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 2146
    You got it kinger2. The device starts up before the storage card is available. We have MortScript set to wait up to 15 seconds for the storage card to become available to launch Treo Alerts. In practice that has always been enough time. Let us know if you find otherwise.
    Thanks Hannip, was looking at the treo alert control script sleep is set at 8000. I assume that is 8 seconds if I keep getting this message can i jest bump up the sleep to 10 seconds or a little more until I find what works? By the way just wanted to say thanks to you and Sling and Cody for all the hard work on this. This is a truly amazing app
    kinger2, that message popup you see is not coming from the alert control script, it's coming from MortScript. The popup can simply be ignored. It is normal when you are running a script from the storage card at boot time. No need to try to tweak anything.
    Yeah all changing the sleep time in the script did was just increase the amount of time it took for treo alerts to take over the carrier line. Thanks for the help Hannip
    6.2 beta 11 is fantastic. Thanks.
    It seems that my Treo 750 will not wake up when I get an alert, it will not reconize it till I wake it up and then the alert will sound..Any ideas..
    Do you have Sounds & Notifications set to display a message when you receive a text message, email or missed call?
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
    ...and the offending software was.......SPBTime 1.5.

Not sure why but with SPBTime 1.5 loaded, I don't get any reminders and it also prevents the Treo Alert Pro 6.2 from working. That's not a terrible losss though because I also discovered that that particular Alarm Clock Software doesn't seem to work when my phone is plugged into AC Power anyhow. I can't remember if I paid anything for it though--I hope I didn't.

Now that SPBTime is removed, Treo Alert Pro is working like a champ.

Thanks and I'm sure there'll be more questions about my new Windows-based toy. I sincerely hope you don't mind helping me out.
    I use spb time. never had a problem with ta and spb time together. no problem wwith charger and spb time either. been using it for 18 months now.

hmmmm, some of you guys have the strangest problems. lol
    hannip, or anyone else who knows the reg and bluetooth!

i need to find where i can read the reg and determin what icon is displayed in the carrier bar. i am going to put an icon in the full version plugin to display status of the bluetooth. need to know where to read. cant find. hannip i know you worked on the blue tooth for quite a while, so i though you would know forsure.

also. when and if i display this bluetooth status in the treo alert plugin version, should i just show if it's on or off, or do i need to show the stereo/ not stereo as well? i dont know anything about the a2dp icons cause i dont have a bt headset.

also, if anyone knows where i can get the icons that the carrier bar uses for the bluetooth let me know. maybe which exe/dll/ect to extract with rviewer. i like those icons plus there allready the right size. lol

thanks, cody
    The reg to determine if bt is on is
    RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "RadioState")

There is also two other values under the BTRadio key, but I'm not sure they work since I don't have a bt device handy to test it.

NumSCO
    NumACL

If they work NumSCO will be >0 if there is a headset connected. NumACL will be > 0 if there is an A2DP connection.

I'm not sure how to find the icons. Zbop might know.

At a minimum I think the bt icon should show when bt is on and also when connected.
    so is it confirmed that the treo 750v does not have a blue led? Sorry to bug u guys, but is the plan to release a flashing led for signal strength in the works yet? Thanks a million.
  12.    #1052  
    helms Blue is not a possibility so it looks.Flashing signal strength led is a possibility but first the foundation to control and assign led color blink to different pending events must be had.Can I put a time and date when it will be in the TA build???At this point not really but its in the plans.We do a lot of work on TA during the weekends.From 10 pm to 5 am in the mourning..The birds are chirping.We get on a roll with a certain option then work hard to make it happen for release on monday.The option you seek is not forgotten
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/31/2007 at 08:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Do you have Sounds & Notifications set to display a message when you receive a text message, email or missed call?
    Yes I have it set to dispaly when I get any of the above, it seems that its hit or miss. I was playing with it alittle more and some times it works and some times it doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    hannip, or anyone else who knows the reg and bluetooth!

i need to find where i can read the reg and determin what icon is displayed in the carrier bar. i am going to put an icon in the full version plugin to display status of the bluetooth. need to know where to read. cant find. hannip i know you worked on the blue tooth for quite a while, so i though you would know forsure.

also. when and if i display this bluetooth status in the treo alert plugin version, should i just show if it's on or off, or do i need to show the stereo/ not stereo as well? i dont know anything about the a2dp icons cause i dont have a bt headset.

also, if anyone knows where i can get the icons that the carrier bar uses for the bluetooth let me know. maybe which exe/dll/ect to extract with rviewer. i like those icons plus there allready the right size. lol

thanks, cody
    Cody, here is the logic for the bluetooth icon.

BTOn = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "RadioState")
    ACL = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "NumACL")
    SCO = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware\BTRadio", "NumSCO")
    HF = RegRead("HKLM", "System\State\Hardware", "Handsfree")

If ( BTOn = 1 && SCO > 0 )
    # show headset bt icon
    ElseIf ( BTOn = 1 && (HF = 1 || ACL > 0) )
    # show white connected bt icon
    ElseIf ( BTOn = 1 )
    # show blue bt icon (on)
    Else
    # show grey bt icon (off)
    EndIf

Now we just need to find those pesky icons. Also need to find a way to open the bt settings from a script. I bet zbop can help us there. I can dig a little tonight. And wouldn't it be simply awesome if zbop could make the icon clickable like the carrier icon is now!
    Last edited by hannip; 05/31/2007 at 09:31 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    helms Blue is not a possibility so it looks.Flashing signal strength led is a possibility but first the foundation to control and assign led color blink to different pending events must be had.Can I put a time and date when it will be in the TA build???At this point not really but its in the plans.We do a lot of work on TA during the weekends.From 10 pm to 5 am in the mourning..The birds are chirping.We get on a roll with a certain option then work hard to make it happen for release on monday.The option you seek is not forgotten
    Great work, guys! and thanks for the prompt response.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhernand1102 View Post
    Yes I have it set to display when I get any of the above, it seems that its hit or miss. I was playing with it alittle more and some times it works and some times it doesn't.
    Are there specific alerts you are seeing issues with? TA will only notify if you have pending notifications by the OS. If there is a notification icon at the top for missed calls, voicemail, sms, email or calendar reminder TA should alert you however you set up the alert settings to do. If you have timer active and the time is outside of the start and end times set TA will not alert you until either the time falls into the timer range or if you disable the timer.

How about you tell us which types of alerts you are having trouble with and copy and paste the current settings here.
    Quote Originally Posted by helmsley76 View Post
    so is it confirmed that the treo 750v does not have a blue led? Sorry to bug u guys, but is the plan to release a flashing led for signal strength in the works yet? Thanks a million.
    One option might be to flash green led when there is signal and orange for all TA alerts. Does the 750v normally flash green when there is signal?

Does the vzw 700wx flash green for signal? How about the vzw 700w? It's been so long I forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    One option might be to flash green led when there is signal and orange for all TA alerts. Does the 750v normally flash green when there is signal?

Does the vzw 700wx flash green for signal? How about the vzw 700w? It's been so long I forget.
    It seems that the 750v does not flash when there is signal. it only flashes orange when there is no signal.

Another way will be to:

1. Flash green when there is signal.
    2. Don't flash anything when there is no signal
    3. Flash orange for all TA alerts (i don't think its really necessary to flash different colors for different TA alerts such as voicemail, sms, etc)
    4. Flash red when battery is weak (i think its already an existing feature in 750v)
  19.    #1059  
    See thats the problem helm.all user do not feel the same as you do on how the led should flash thus a led choice user interface will need to be implemented before that phase can move forward.When the led choice feature is added you can have your treo flash led colors anyway you want.That will take time and all that can be asked at this juncture.
    I must say, TA 6.2 full is really shaping up! High quality stuff. Zbop's billboard plugin is awesome and simple to use. Major kudo's to Cody and Zbop! People will be impressed for sure.