Page 52 of 108 FirstFirst ... 242474849505152535455565762102 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 2146
  1.    #1021  
    that's the point...the sound.Kind of like you hear on weather radio or radio station.It,s supposed to be crackley loud and ruff with backround noise..that's what gets your attention.I don't think the Fart wav tone you want to use is going to get much positive attention if anything it would be embarrassing lol I didnt do it lol...just joking man
    It has the sound that you hear from the weather warning from wkefield virginia.You have heard it before.
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/29/2007 at 04:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    hmm, when I snooze a reminder it removes the notification???
    It does it sometimes and sometimes not. There is no visual notification or LED only sound.

If you want to turn off TA tap the Disable tab loacted in alert settings then press ok.You then will return to the main menu then select exit and you will be returned back to your today screen.
    I tried that, but it still covers the carrier logo. Is that correct? I thought in the past I could get the carrier logo back. Not that I need it, I just want to know that TreoAlert is completely off.
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod View Post
    It does it sometimes and sometimes not. There is no visual notification or LED only sound.

I tried that, but it still covers the carrier logo. Is that correct? I thought in the past I could get the carrier logo back. Not that I need it, I just want to know that TreoAlert is completely off.
    Yeah, I had it happen to me once. Have no idea why the alert kept going since the notification is definitely gone. Will have to investigate.

Also when you disable alerts that's what it does. The display options still work when you have alerts disabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    that's the point...the sound.Kind of like you hear on weather radio or radio station.It,s supposed to be crackley loud and ruff with backround noise..that's what gets your attention.I don't think the Fart wav tone you want to use is going to get much positive attention if anything it would be embarrassing lol I didnt do it lol...just joking man
    It has the sound that you hear from the weather warning from wkefield virginia.You have heard it before.
    Well what I like the most is the weatherbug alert. That big ben tune that plays on your example is just too much too long. The voice is great tho.
  5.    #1025  
    well I must disagree with you on this one.The siren sound you hear is supposed to be long.when you are out on a job site with much noise around you or at the mall...were ever there is noise the alert sound posted in that wav is the keeper.I live right next to naval air station oceania .We have some jets flying over hehehe ..like right over my house..you can see the numbers there so darn close and with those numbers comes major noise .When a jet flew over I taped alert sound And I could hear it lol it got my attention f,sure.If you want to listen to warning sounds all day because they sound good.yes I agree your choice would be nice.If there is a tornado coming your way you want to hear a sound that gets under your skin that will get your attention .The one posted does just that.Hopefully no one will hear that warning sound ever.but if you do you wont forget.If your sitting behind your computer weather bug is there for the hearing.Were the alert sound came from.wav file one
    http://www.lfucg.com/deem/sirens.asp

Cheers
    I likes that one Sling. It's perfect! Can stick that in a Repeat loop so it plays several times over.
    Hello--me again. First of all, sorry about the typo--it's a 700wx, not a 750wx.

I haven't figured out the problem yet but I've got a feeling it's not this software. I just realized that none of my reminders (appointments, etc) are working and all the settings are correct--I've triple-checked them. Right now, I'm leaning towards the problem being one of the other 3rd party applications that I installed--I'm just trying to remember when my phone last gave me a reminder--I know it used to.

I'll let you know what I find.
  8.    #1028  
    I likes that one Sling. It's perfect! Can stick that in a Repeat loop so it plays several times over.
    Yeah
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/29/2007 at 07:59 PM.
  9.    #1029  
    Testers wavs...everyone join the fun.

Ive posted a zip with 2 waves in it.if some of the members would drop them in your treo.turn up the volume and be the judge of which one gets your attention most in lowed conditions that would be great.your opinion is very valuable .You may need that wave to alert when harsh weather is coming your way.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/29/2007 at 08:09 PM.
    problem. in my quest to build 6.2 full from tearing apart 6.2 lite, I have done something wrong.

what would be the cause for the reminder wave, or vibe if set to vibe, to not be dismissed when notifications are gone?

for example... when I get a message, I read it and the led stops flashing, but two minutes later I get the reminder.wav. the led is the only thing that is getting stoped when it should.

any ideas on things I can check?

thanks, cody

oh, by the way. the only way I can stop the reminder.wav is to set alert to disable and then back to an alert setting.
    well if I would have read before I posted the last message, I would have seen that you guys are aware of this bug. I think its called snooze.

sorry
    Cody, check your mail. I have a fix for the never ending chime.
    ...and the offending software was.......SPBTime 1.5.

Not sure why but with SPBTime 1.5 loaded, I don't get any reminders and it also prevents the Treo Alert Pro 6.2 from working. That's not a terrible losss though because I also discovered that that particular Alarm Clock Software doesn't seem to work when my phone is plugged into AC Power anyhow. I can't remember if I paid anything for it though--I hope I didn't.

Now that SPBTime is removed, Treo Alert Pro is working like a champ.

Thanks and I'm sure there'll be more questions about my new Windows-based toy. I sincerely hope you don't mind helping me out.
  14.    #1034  
    pretty amazing really.you will be very impressed cody.Kind of like a fresh treo out of the box
  15.    #1035  
    Quote Originally Posted by KCHruby View Post
    ...and the offending software was.......SPBTime 1.5.

Not sure why but with SPBTime 1.5 loaded, I don't get any reminders and it also prevents the Treo Alert Pro 6.2 from working. That's not a terrible losss though because I also discovered that that particular Alarm Clock Software doesn't seem to work when my phone is plugged into AC Power anyhow. I can't remember if I paid anything for it though--I hope I didn't.

Now that SPBTime is removed, Treo Alert Pro is working like a champ.

Thanks and I'm sure there'll be more questions about my new Windows-based toy. I sincerely hope you don't mind helping me out.
    No problem at all KC.You the user makes the app better.Thanks for giving the beta 11 a download.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    choose the led alert setting in alert settings menu for led alert only.When it comes to leaving carrier bar as is.you have a 14 different selections in your display menu to choose from showing batt level from signal strength to now xcast that can be seen..When you get pendings they will blink in carrier plugin.That is the lite version.We may add a clear display to the mix for users like yourself that want to look at your sprint,verizon or cingular but honestly why would you want to look at that?I just need some user feed back.
    It helps when you're roaming, that's the reason I'd use it, especially when roaming internationally and you want to make sure you're on one network and not another.
    i know im going to sound dumb but im a newbie to treo, im having problems installing the program. i have notice that its a zip file. i downloaded it and drag it to my storage card and i tried opening it and it tells me " there is no application associated with treo alert 6.2 lite beta 8. run the application first etc" i also tried opening the file from my computer and dragging the blue cabinet to storage card and it didnt let me. do i need to unzipp this file, if so how do i unzip it....please help out
    If you want to unzip a zip file on your treo you will need to install software to do it. What I use is Resco Explorer. You can also unzip it on your pc using software such as WinZip. In the zip file is a cab file. This file is an install program that you run on your treo. Connect your sync cable between your treo and your pc. ActiveSync will start and connect. Once connected click on the Explore button to view your treo files. Drag the cab file over to your treo. Then on your treo find where you put the cab and run it using File Explorer. It will be in My Documents if you dragged it over to the default folder.
    If you want to unzip a zip file on your treo you will need to install software to do it. What I use is Resco Explorer. You can also unzip it on your pc using software such as WinZip. In the zip file is a cab file. This file is an install program that you run on your treo. Connect your sync cable between your treo and your pc. ActiveSync will start and connect. Once connected click on the Explore button to view your treo files. Drag the cab file over to your treo. Then on your treo find where you put the cab and run it using File Explorer. It will be in My Documents if you dragged it over to the default folder.
    hey thanks, i was able to install it on my treo. thank you
    Hey Sling or Hannip quick question. I have a 700w and treo alerts loaded on the storage card. When I do a soft reset I get a message on load up that says Treo Alert Control.mscr not found, waiting for existence,storage card not initialized. The message has a counter with it. The thing is it still loads up fine and everything works great. Just was wondering is it because treo alerts is trying to load up before the treo sees the storage card? By the way Sling everything is working great, love the colors for the led's