Page 43 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3338394041424344454647485393 ... LastLast
    Sling, thanks so much, everything is working great. Really great.

You and others who done amazing work. You guys should set up some account for people to make contribution.
  2.    #842  
    SPECIAL THANKS GOES OUT TO GOOD FRIENDS,
    CODYPPC/CODEMAN
    HANNIP/YODA
    THANKS FOR ALL THE TIME YOU PUT INTO TA....IT,S ONLY GOING TO GET BETTER

OK TA SUPPORTERS I HATE TO HURT YOUR FEELINGS BUT YES ANOTHER VERSION SO DUMP YOUR 5.6 AND START NEW WITH TA 5.8
    WHAT WE ADDED,
    THE ALERT SETTINGS SCREEN LAY OUT SCRREN HAS BEEN CHANGED
    WE ADDED SOME SLEEP GOING FROM THE ALERT SETTING TO DISPLAY MENU.
    NO! SOFT RESET NEEDED FOR INSTALL SO NO! MORE TAPING FILES TO INSTALL.
    NEW SEPERAT FOLDER FOR TA WAV TONES LOCATED IN PROGRAM FOLDERS
    THE 5.8 IS ONE CAB BUILT FOR THE TREO 700WX/W AND 750 SERIES.

NOW TO THE NEW ALERT SETTINGS SCREEN LAYOUT,

ALERT SETTINGS CHOICES
    [4]:= ALL REMINDER & VIBE & LED <--ALL THE ALERTS ARE ACTIVE AT THE SAME TIME.
    [3]:= REMINDER & VIBE & LED <--VOICE REMINDERS,LED ALERT VIBE WHEN RINGER MUTE.
    [2]:= REMINDER & VIBE <-- VOICE REMINDERS . VIBE WHEN RINGER MUTE
    [1]:= LED ALERT <--LED ALERT ONLY
    [D]:= DISABLED <--ALL ALERTS OFF
    [S]*= CALLER ID <--WHEN ACTAVATED YOU WILL HEAR THE LAST NUMBER CALLED EVERY 2 MIN TILL PENDING IS DISMISSED
    DISPLAY MENU <--TAKES YOU TO A DISPLAY MENU WITH 12 CARRIER PLUGIN VIEWS

HOW TO INSTALL,

1)UNINSTALL ANY TA VERSION YOU HAVE ON YOUR TREO.
    2)DROP THE NEW TA 5.8 CAB IN YOUR MY DOCUMENTS OR SD CARD.
    3)TAP CAB FILE TO INSTALL
    4)AFTER INSTALLED WAIT FOR 10 TO 15 SEC THEN GO TO YOUR TODAY SCREEN.
    5)IN A COUPLE SEC YOU WILL HEAR WELOME GREETING AND WILL AND SEE
    TREO ALERT PRO 5.8 DISPLAYED IN YOUR CARRIER PLUGIN.
    NO MORE SOFTREST NEEDED!!!!!!
    TA 5.8 IS NOW READY FOR THE ICON TAP
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/16/2007 at 01:19 PM.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    awesome sling and everyone that contributed to this TA project...hey sing in this version is the lag for the 750 fixed??? just woundering...thanks again...will test as of right now...
  4.    #844  
    There Is No Lag In The 750 ..ive Got 16 Pm,s From 750 Users That Love It More Then Any Build Yet Released.your Device Or 3rd Party Software Is The Culpret...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    yeah it could be a 3rd party...well i have found all of the programs that i loaded in and ready for a hard reset...thanks again i will keep you informed and up to date with what i encounter after the hard reset...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Just to keep everyone up to date, i took the plunge and did a hard reset...so far so good, got every sms notification, no lag....so if you other three didnt jump yet, JUMP...lol thanks sling for your help...
  7.    #847  
    congratulations Rino..Cant say I didn't tell you so Do me a favor though...I reposted a new 5.8 early this mourning due to a missing wav file in the one posted last night.Download new cab posted.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well do sling and yeah thanks again...and who else out of us four had done a hard reset...and i was woundering is there a way to make the shortcut or the alert icon the blue one...i had the old morticons installed and pointed treoalerts to the blue icon...can i do the same with scripticons??? the hard reset is a pain, but my treo feels like brand new again...hoooray...
  9.    #849  
    No way to make it blue ..The 6.2 that will be avalible in 2 months is going to have the blue icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    well do sling and yeah thanks again...and who else out of us four had done a hard reset...and i was woundering is there a way to make the shortcut or the alert icon the blue one...i had the old morticons installed and pointed treoalerts to the blue icon...can i do the same with scripticons??? the hard reset is a pain, but my treo feels like brand new again...hoooray...
    The blue icon is actually still in the ScriptIcons.dll at resource id 125. You can use Resco to edit \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\ALERTS.lnk properties and change the number at the end from 124 to 125.
    BTW, Nice job Sling on the best TA yet! I can't wait to see what's next.

One thing to mention is TA 5.8 can now be installed on the storage card. I've been using it like that for several days now and it's working great!
  12.    #852  
    Rino gift for you from the TA team

Drop the install.mscr file located in zip into the treo alert folder located in program files.You will be asked if you want to replace ...choose yes.after the new install.mscr file is in the treo alert folder do a softreset.The Red icon will now be blue If you have any questions hannip will help you out.im mobile now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/15/2007 at 08:26 PM.
  13.    #853  
    I Have As Well..the Stoage Card Is A SWEET Deal
    Sling, will this share the carrier line with Xcast? I know you've been working on this.
  15.    #855  
    hmm we were looking it over.We need to touch base with JD...Cody has been pretty much looking into that...we will all touch base and try to make it happen in 6.2
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    thanks sling...i must be a pain...sorry i really dont mean to...thanks again..
  17.    #857  
    Not a pain Rino your just needy lol just joking my friend..were good
    Sling, can you add an option to disable the taking over of the carrier line and just display the default "what carrier network your using" that the phone had before installing treo alarm? I like the LED functionality but prefer my today screen not to be too busy.
  19.    #859  
    Merlyn it's funny i was thinking the same thing yesterday having a blank layout located in the display choice menu.This idea may carry over to maybe another version before we go into the 6.2.once we go 6.2 the app will have it's own plugin so space will be available for much more to be displayed. You have touched on a great idea f,sure.What may end up happening is a TA lite version that runs in the carrier bar then a full version that owns it's space on today screen.That way the user has more choices.I will touch base with cody and hannip this weekend on carrier line and adding a on/off profile to the current version maybe once again upgrading..hmm maybe call it 6.2 Lite hmm

Phil C
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/17/2007 at 10:13 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by neill View Post
    Sling, will this share the carrier line with Xcast? I know you've been working on this.

i was thinking that when treo alert is moved to billboad plugin, people could use xcast in the carrier plugin like it is build right now.

does this sound alright? or do you guys think thay need to be as one?