Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3035363738394041424344455090 ... LastLast
  1.    #781  
    If it's not working it's you treo...do a hard boot...The build is working perfect..The 750 may be another story.Being the 750 there are many flaws in the device that can cause TA issues...If you like the past builds give the 750 model a hard boot as well.This by far is the best build yet..not because it has voice this and voice that with added featues but because the loop script that make it all come together is the best built of any build released in the past. I pulled the first posted 5.6 build yesterday mourning because I needed to be ...there were little to no complaints about the build but I was unhappy with it...the loop script was draining the life out of the device causing bog within the OS...The current build posted is excellent.
    i've put it on my friend's treo 700wx as well.. still same issue sometime.. it's not just mine :-\
    Yeah mine does it to. Sometime I get them sometimes I don't, But I"m using the threaded sms hack from Hannip. Cody I know you use it are you getting all of your sms counts?
    Now I'm not getting the counter for e-mails either.
    everyone needs to ost what verions of treo you are using. it's hard to trouble shoot between the 750 and 700. thanks.

yes, I do have the threaded sms installed and have no problems. I am using the SPRINT 700wx.

if you want to test... sms me at 8169188165. tell me your user name so I know whom i'm working with.

cody
    Sorry Cody, should have included that. Verizon 700w. Put version 5.2 back on and everything is working again. Don't know if just need to do a hard reset. Had so many version on in the last month. Which is a good thing only means thing are improving on treo alerts
  7.    #787  
    The good news first...I downloaded the cab posted to give it a lookse and it's the same build cody,myself ,10 of my employees...5 duds at compusa and 2 reps at my local sprint store have there treo,s.the 5.6 is working with no flaws on there devices
    40 somthing downloads as well at treo central..anybody else having sms issues please share

The bad news
    Like I said the 750 is a strange bird at times as well as the 700w with the lack of memory.

Now the bad bad news....

Rino and krunk and kinger
    If you want to run TA You may want to start fresh with a hardreset and install.

More good news the cab of 5.6 is fine
    i've posted on the last page i believe it was in one of my recent posts.. i have the same as you cody.. sprint 700wx with hannip's sms. also i have arcsoft mms. i am about to hardreset and install firstly, treo alert 5.6 pro and test it out with just that on there.. and see if it's any conflicting going on with it. i'll post back within the hour.
  9.    #789  
    hehe... I take the time to build TA so I thought it would only be fitting after my last post to hardreset my device.I then installed the vesion posted.
    It is working perfect as it was before the hard reset.

Adding
    Only thing I can think of is yhou guys have downloaded a few diffrent versions in the last couple days..You may have leftovers from a past build causing conflict..
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/09/2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Adding
    I'll also try a hard reset when get home. Sling thanks for all the hard work on this, know you pulled some all nighters and its much appreciated. Hopefully a hard reset will get it working. The 700w with low memory causes me mor issues than just this believe me.
  11.    #791  
    Kinger it will work dud..it's left over values from the past builds in your reg that are causing conflict....I did a total make over of the 5.6 posted changing reg values that give the build more dependability then ever...IT IS THE BEST TA SCRIPT YET

Adding,

After you hard reset you may have to manualy go into the treo alert folder..Just follow the trouble shoot..The mortscript.exe file needs a screen tap and also the ALERT CONTROL.mscr file
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/09/2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Adding
    Quote Originally Posted by krunk27 View Post
    i've posted on the last page i believe it was in one of my recent posts.. i have the same as you cody.. sprint 700wx with hannip's sms. also i have arcsoft mms. i am about to hardreset and install firstly, treo alert 5.6 pro and test it out with just that on there.. and see if it's any conflicting going on with it. i'll post back within the hour.
    it's worth a shot. I have loaded way more version of TA than anybody. beta testing for sling was requiring 3 or for different version installs a day sometimes. what I did was uninstall the first version from start/settings/system/remove programs. then I removed the registry key. which I dobelive is hclm/software/mort mortscript/treo alert. then I soft reset and installed the new one.

doing a hard reset and installing it all by itself will let you know for sure.

very nice app. one of my top 5. well worth a hard reset to figure out what's going wrong. hardresets and starting all over are good for ya in many ways. help to give it a fresh start.

good luck, cody

ps: you can use my phone number to run some sms tests if you guys want. I got plenty.
  13.    #793  
    Top 5...WHAT lol..you told me it was in your top 3 lol
    joking with you cody. lol
    I guess it being in the top 5 is pretty
  14.    #794  
    Cody came up with a great idea as always.We not me is going to build a clean up script that you drop in your treo...give a screen tap and it will clean up the reg of all the past TA build installed..This will make for the easy,trouble free install of the new 5.6 build posted...Im on a script writing break.I gave hannip a PM to see if he could throw it togehter for you.if or when he throws it toghter I will post with the 5.6 download.
    hehe I will even drop it in a cab download for my follow memebrs.tap the TA clean up cab on your device let it install then uninstall..simple is that then download the 5.6 version.
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/09/2007 at 01:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by krunk27 View Post
    ha sorry to be the bearer of bad news again but i found another issue.. hannip said he had it too but reselecting the display would fix it for him.. not me.. everything i've tried will not make it disappear.. i still see double no matter what.

hey how do you get rid of the bottom tray?? did you replace with ilauncher??
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    wow sling thanks for the bad bad news for us 750 users...lol...well this is what i did first...i did what cody did was uninstall, soft reset, delete the ta in the registry, soft reset, loaded 5.6, soft rest and im testing now...ill let you know if that helps...crossing fingers...again scotty thanks for all of your hard work...
    Quote Originally Posted by eenballer10 View Post
    hey how do you get rid of the bottom tray?? did you replace with ilauncher??
    he's using wisbar advance 2. nice app.

the [3][3] that you see if from left over reg values from the previous version.

I wrote a remover script that will remove everything before you install. it will give a lot better results. sling should be posting it soon.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey cody is the remover basically what you stated on how to remove the TA reg???
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    hey cody is the remover basically what you stated on how to remove the TA reg???
    yes but it stops the alert control script first.
    ok looks like sling posted the registry clean up script here.... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=770

if you already have the new version installed, run the clean up script, then go to your program files/TREO ALERT folder and then tap "alert control".

if you haven't installed new version yet, clean up first then install new version.

lets hear from someone who was having problems and has ran this new clean up thing....

cody