Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I will not turn a great preforming app into PA.What many are forgetting were using WM lol.
    Just to be able to to have vibe alert,reminder chime and led I am very content.When it come to creating profiles in the reg they are not water and very far from.There very touch and don't like to be touched as seen in PA in many cases
    This app was not built to over throw the OS yet work very friendly with it taking nothing from performance

Phil C
    Okay. Well, I do need to try it out a bit, this is SO close to what I want. I have to think about it a bit.
  2.    #62  
    Built for TREO 700 WX/W
    POST # 57 hasThe latest TREO ALERT 4.1 posted with pics and install direction.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=57

Enjoy
    Phil C

Cody you got the latest already installed on your device
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/26/2007 at 12:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Okay. Well, I do need to try it out a bit, this is SO close to what I want. I have to think about it a bit.
    what you may want to do is try out phonealarm. many have had lots of problems with it. backup first cause it can't be just un installed.

Cody you got the latest already installed on your device
    when i saw the first post with 3.4 i thought i was running 3.4. and it was different. then i looked back and seen it was 3.8. sorry, false alarm. lol
  4.    #64  
    My most valuable Beta tester always gets beta build and then get perfect build first.Thanks for all the help Cody

Phil C
    My most valuable Beta tester always gets beta build and then get perfect build first.Thanks for all the help Cody

Phil C
    no problem. if i can wright scripts, i might as well test.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what you may want to do is try out phonealarm. many have had lots of problems with it. backup first cause it can't be just un installed...
    Nah... heard of to many prblems with it and it does not do what I want anyway.

Thank, though. Good thought.

There's a ton of great stuff in this scirpt. I just have to figure out what it is a really, truly want and maybe I can script it out.

If I do, (hey..., it could happen!) I'll let you all know what I come up with.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post
    Nah... heard of to many prblems with it and it does not do what I want anyway.

Thank, though. Good thought.

There's a ton of great stuff in this scirpt. I just have to figure out what it is a really, truly want and maybe I can script it out.

If I do, (hey..., it could happen!) I'll let you all know what I come up with.
    right on. let us know.

btw... hey slingbox. is it ok if people take your work and hack it up to there custom desires?
    That is the nature of these scripts. They are intended on being built upon each other. If Sling wants to keep his stuff clean and simple that is fine, but others should be able to take it and add more stuff if they desire. Just create a new thread for any new variations is all that is asked.
  9.    #69  
    If I talk about it forever and never act on putting it together hack away is my view.
    If im working my A.. off putting it together at least let me get final build posted before it is riped apart for customization and posted for all to compare.We build icons for scripts that really work not mods that work for some users of the WX/W
    There's got to be a little respect for the script builders in my opinion.

Phil C
    Actually the way it should work is the way it happened in this thread. Ask the author for a feature. If they don't want to add it you are allowed to create your own version if you are so motivated. All due respect should be given to authors of any code you take advantage of. This is the way it has been since I started the Fun with MortScript thread and it has worked well so far.
  11.    #71  
    JD has been busting but on X-cast.For any script builder uses what he,s got put together adding a feature then posting as there's is not showing resepct.If we show respect to how we write with the script with rules on paths/Script placement we should show respect to the orginal script builder and let them get build compleat.Of coures my fellow builders can ask for help,I will chip in.If they dead end and I have intrest in there work I will build off of it then pushing credit to the orginal builder.
    Hannip this will not be one of are memorable drag out,s Because it,s only opinion.
    We each have are own.
    And you will Always be the yoda of mortscript. so I will always listen

Phil C
    That's why I stated that feature requests should be asked to the current author and if the author decides they didn't want to add the feature as you have done or if they just don't have time and someone else is so motivated they should be free to post their own version, but of course give respect to where respect is due in a README and when they post a new version.

I don't want any other restrictions or it will stifle creativity here and keep other potential script writers from joining in the fun.

Of course we can't force people to follow any of these rules since none of our code is copyrighted, but we as a community can make our feelings known when someone is stepping on toes.

Remember Sling that all of your work is built on other peoples work (especially Mort's). It's the nature of script building; open and free. I want to keep it that way.
    Last edited by hannip; 03/24/2007 at 12:56 PM.
  13.    #73  
    I have an opinion not rules.what ever goes
    Now back to script building
  14.    #74  
    SliNG CReATiONs is taking a break for a couple days.Hopefully we will have the icon avalible next week for final build.
    Enjoy TREO ALERT 3.8

Phil C
    SliNG CReATiONs is taking a break for a couple days.Hopefully we will have the icon avalible next week for final build.
    Enjoy TREO ALERT 3.8

Phil C
    now we pissed him off and he's quiting. lol. jk.

us non-wrighting scripts-nOObs will be here waiting when you get back sling.

have a nice break.
  16.    #76  
    TREO ALERT 4.1 just posted.
    1)Upgraded vib feature.
    2)Voice notifaction when icon is tapped on/off
    3) No need to go to TREO ALERT folder
    One word,
    Flawless .
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...1&postcount=57
    That was a short break. Are you working when your GF is sleeping? Better not let her catch you!
  18.    #78  
    hehe yes
    Oh yeah forgot upgrade feature added
    When you have alert pending and turn off treo alert 4.1 the reminders and led turn off as in 3.8

The upgrade
    When you have pending,s and turn treo alert 4.1 on the led and reminder will start back up untill you clear pendings.
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/26/2007 at 12:30 AM.
  19.    #79  
    Hopefully I can get a new icon soon.Scotty was very generous letting me bum his for a while.
    Thanks scotty
  20.    #80  
    What a pretty time stamp added with in alert control.mscr.Keygurad no longer has the be beat.

#########################################################
    #ALERT CONTROL.mscr-Sends Hit to repeat mscr and Ledup.

# initialize variables
    Notify = FALSE
    ChimeIsOn = FALSE

# start notification check loop
    While ( 1 )

# check the registry for any notifications
    Notify = RegValueExists( "HKLM", "System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active", "CLSID" )

#check the ALERT
    ALERT = RegRead("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\led", "ALERT" )

# turn on Chime if any notifications are pending whenever Ringer on.
    If ( Notify && NOT ChimeIsOn && ALERT )
    RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 1" )
    ErrorLevel ("syntax")
    Run = Timestamp()+120
    RunAt( Run, "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\REPEAT.mscr" )
    ChimeIsOn = TRUE
    EndIf

# turn off the Chime if no notifications are pending
    If ( ChimeIsOn && NOT Notify )
    RemoveNotifications( "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\REPEAT.mscr" )
    RunWait( "\Windows\LEDUp.exe", "0 0" )
    ChimeIsOn = FALSE
    EndIf
    # wait 1 seconds
    Sleep( 2000 )

EndWhile
    #########################################################
    Now the alert and Vib will not start till 2 min after pending comes in
    There you go hannip.
    4.2 will be released to day
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/26/2007 at 11:15 AM.