Page 38 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2833343536373839404142434888 ... LastLast
    Will this still use the carrier line or Billboard? I wouldn't mind trying it out if there was an option for billboard. I don't want any other app messing with the carrier line. I'm a bit biased. LOL

BTW, I believe you are incorporating my cDate code with ta. Take a look at my latest update, which I included the source. I made a slight change to make it compatible with Mortscript 4.01 Alpha...

Example of prior version...
    Code:
    MonthName[01]="Jan"
    Working version with Mortscript alpha releases and Mortscript 4.0...
    Code:
    MonthName["01"]="Jan"
    yes, this is the final version that will use the carrier line. I think many will continue to use the carrier ling for the bluetooth icon, so one last good build with all the goodies. cDate is added to the new build.

what exactly does the changes do? there really was nothing wrong with the one we used.

billboard will be in version 6.0. sling is takeing a 4 week break so it maybe awhile. if he really takes a break. lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    what exactly does the changes do? there really was nothing wrong with the one we used.
    The changes I made is are functional with Mortscript 4.01 Alpha versions 9 & 11 and also work with Mortscript 4.0. The old coding wasn't displaying the month with the Alpha versions. When I was setting the variable of MonthName[01], I was assuming the index 01 was numerical. Since I was using the GetDate function, the MonthVal is actually a string, so it should be "01". I just think that it's strange that the month values are assigned incorrectly, but the day values are fine. I'm thinking it may have to do with the leading zero in the month values. Anyways, there's a discussion at the Mortscript forum here.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The changes I made is are functional with Mortscript 4.01 Alpha versions 9 & 11 and also work with Mortscript 4.0. The old coding wasn't displaying the month with the Alpha versions. When I was setting the variable of MonthName[01], I was assuming the index 01 was numerical. Since I was using the GetDate function, the MonthVal is actually a string, so it should be "01". I just think that it's strange that the month values are assigned incorrectly, but the day values are fine. I'm thinking it may have to do with the leading zero in the month values. Anyways, there's a discussion at the Mortscript forum here.
    so if I just changed all the 01 to "01" and so forth would that work? and is it just in the month values?
    so if I just changed all the 01 to "01" and so forth would that work? and is it just in the month values?
    That's correct. The old code seems to work in the dayvalue fine. I guess to prevent any future issues, might as well code the dayvalues with the quotes as well. As I mentioned, I've used the "01" with Mortscript 4.0 and Mortscript 4.01 Alpha versions and they work well
    ok.

running 4.01 now. I see how the month is left out. I edited the script and added the "" for the months.

I now get an error. it says.... missing ']' in line MonthName["01"]="Jan"

what gives. I guess i'll take a look at you new script.
    eddie, I ran you new script in the zip in post one of your thread. I still get that missing '[' mort error. what gives?
  8.    #748  
    Duds I have it installed in the 5.6 updated with short month 5 days ago not using quotations and all is well with the exe that sets in the treo alert folder...So why fix it if it,s not broke
    hi i have led alert and VM/MC/SM/EM display and my sms msgs do not register with treo alert! it stays 0. also i had another question if i have my display as say default where it says treo alert 5.6 bat=xx% and i get all 4 notifications.. it still says vmail/mcall/sms/email and it runs behind the BT and Location symbols.. is there a way to make it so if it get all 4 it will go to vm/mc/sm/em but if it's 3 notifications or less it stays as the longer version such as vmail/mcall/sms/email? that way cause if there are 3 of those 4 notifications, it's all 3 fully displayed.. but soon as the fourth notification hits it runs behind bt and location.

thanks.
  10.    #750  
    Thats the great thing about a beta that was released over a week ago.those issus are now fixed...in the full version that will be avalible in a couple days.
    When it come to having Email blinked out behind the bT icon
    thats because there is not enough space in the carrier plugin..That will not happen with the new billboard plugin that will be used in the 6.2 build in a couple months
    Hey Sling, just wanted to say works awesome. Great work as usual. Can't forget thanks for all the hard work Sling, Cody and Hannip.
  12.    #752  
    thanks kinger...nothing like putting it on the Caller ID Reminder setting having your treo tell you the last phone number called every 2 min till you dismiss the pending hehehe...very cool but what a pain to work into the build at the last min lol...
    I hope you guys like it. you wouldn't belive the time sling has ut into it. one day I got emails of different scripts to try all night long. thay started around 8pm and ended at g the next morning. and i'm sure that's not the only all nighter sling pulled for this app.

thanks sling for all your hard work.

cody
    every time i soft-reset my phone.. it goes back to [D] which is NOT where i had it.. is there a way to make it keep the settings through a soft reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Duds I have it installed in the 5.6 updated with short month 5 days ago not using quotations and all is well with the exe that sets in the treo alert folder...So why fix it if it,s not broke

I just wanted to let you know the changes I made on my script to make it compatible with Mortscript 4.01 Alpha 9 & Mortscript 4.01 Alpha 11, since people are starting to use the Alpha versions. Yes, the current code does work on Mortscript 4.0, as I stated. But I found the month not being displayed with Mortscript 4.01 Alpha 9 and Mortscript 4.01 Alpha 11. It's up to you to fix it now or later. Eventually, when Mortscript 4.01 comes out officially, you may have to fix it anyways. It's not a real major fix. Just add some quotes in the indexes in the array for the cDate function.
    Last edited by crazie.eddie; 05/08/2007 at 10:16 AM.
  16.    #756  
    Quote Originally Posted by krunk27 View Post
    every time i soft-reset my phone.. it goes back to [D] which is NOT where i had it.. is there a way to make it keep the settings through a soft reset?
    oops.....I put the status regwritstring after the endif so it is writind [D] AFTER SOFTRESET....iM PULLING THE BUILD FOR A COUPLE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    mine doesn't do that....

isn't it the same cab?

what good is beta testing the final cab if its not the final cab? lol.

just when you thought you were on break. lol. lol.

sling, do you need me to send you the working cab?
    mine doesn't do that....

isn't it the same cab?

sling, do you need me to send you the working cab? or is this just the 750 version that is bad?
    mine doesn't do that....

isn't it the same cab?

sling, do you need me to send you the working cab? or is this just the 750 version that is bad?
    Mine doesn't do that either (Treo 700wx VZW)
    Daniel Levin
    levinda13@sbcglobal.net
    also the sms count on my treo isn't correct. i woke up this morning.. ta said sms=3 .. i click on notification and it says i have 4.. so ta missed one somewhere. this has been doing this well even in 5.2 since hannip sent me the updated 5.2 that had an sms count fix in it.. before then it actually worked 99% of the time opposed to now like 30% of the time.. i have sprint treo 700wx btw.

ps
    i know i said when you soft reset it put it back to [D] but i went to sleep and had it on LED [1] and woke up this morning and it was [D] all by itself.. no reset..