Page 32 of 108 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282 ... LastLast
    I must be misunderstanding you. What do you mean by "alert control"? The control script is just a loop that monitors when notifications occur and turns on the led and kicks off a reminder if configured to do so.

Are you thinking that it is some UI that will let you pick which types of events to notify you of?

The only configuration in 5.2 is using the Alerts icon in Programs which only lets you set the type of alert you will get when any notification event is detected.
    Last edited by hannip; 04/26/2007 at 04:24 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by etreoj View Post
    yes. when I double click on 2)ALERT CONTROL.mscr nothing happens. The only new icon in programs is ALERTS. The install went fine. I even uninstalled and installed again. I also copied the alert control it into the windows start folder too. It's such a bummer for me since the alerts is the only thing I don't like about my TreoWX, I was so happy to find this tool.

It also says [3] treo alert pro: bat 95% in the today screen.
    when he said he got the [3] it made me think he has it running,but doesn't know how it works. give your self a test message, missed phone call, voicemail, sms. something to test it with.
    hey you guys, what is wrong with this. will this work to control the sleep in the alert control. we want to keep it kindof slow to save battery under normal use, but speed it up for the blink. check it out and tell me if it will work.

if (so and so)
    w= 2000
    else
    w= 350
    endif

sleep (w)

for example
    The problem with that is sometimes you might miss a notification at 2 sec rev. In my version I made up for that by having a very small 1 sec loop around the check for CLSID to quickly detect a change, but have the major processing remain at 2 seconds.
    ahhh.
    Hey guys, thanks for working so hard on this! From a previous post I believed that I would have some way of changing the reminder alerts so it wouldn't just go off every second like the default TreoWX, maybe 2 min intervals. I was spoiled by my Palm Tops. Maybe the capability was only in 4.9... where you can change the intervals, but that didn't work either for me. Guess I should give up and leave you alone... I don't see how this app is helping me.

Yes, I have tried many new appointments, same old 1 sec beeps and only lasts for 5 or so beeps.

BTW, I am a she not a he... Honest mistake...
    The way TA works is it flashes the led and sets off a reminder alert every 2 minutes. If you are getting beeps every second for 5 seconds, that's not TA doing that. Maybe you installed PhoneAlarm and it left your registry in a weird state?
    The 1 second reminders are the default on my Treo. Dumb, but true. That is why I looked for something else. Cube neighbors are tired of hearing my beeps.
  9.    #629  
    Real time batt/Signal and memory are not present on the 5.2 posted with changes made to Alert control.mscr.Example,
    Add the signal streng in place of the battery strength displayed in the carrier bar.do a softreset and watch you signal strength...It stays at 100% yet on softreset the signal is build yet not displayed.On the original build you get reads on system settings real time.Using the first build the batterey drain is not present as beta tested for over a wekk before orginal release also found in 2 weeks of power using.The 750 battery drain using the orginal build hmm.the lighter battery maybe.The toggle display(on) for alert to be sounded...Maybe the wav tones taking a beating on the battery of the 750 as well...
  10.    #630  
    To find a way around this and not take preformance out of the overall build is the goal.Why take away to give
    Ok, so I'm just a software engineer and I don't get this... I have a 700WX Verizon. Battery is 90-100%. Maybe it's not ready for this version of Windows Mobile. It is a brand new phone.

Nice idea though.
    Thanks!
  12.    #632  
    The icon seems to look like it has blur in screen shot but it is bright and shinny That may be whats creating the blur look hehehe..oh so pretty
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sling... I was looking through the posts to find out if there should be a "voice" or count of SMS messages missed. I have TA 5.2 Pro installed on my 750v from Cingular if it makes a difference. I receive the chime but no audible voice for text messages. I get them for missed calls w/ the count as well. Is that how things should be working or did I screw something up?
    I have the Today screen plug-in which shows "[3] Treo Alert Pro : Bat=66%"
    TIA
    There aren't any sounds for sms in 5.2 other than the chime.
  15.    #635  
    I do have sms voice notifaction in the 5.6 that will be avalible next week
    Thanks for the quick response & I will be anxiously awaiting the new release. Thanks again for all of your time!
  17.    #637  
    If (Z = 1)
    Z = 2
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 50 )<<----Im digging the 50 sec blink
    Else
    Z = 1
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 1000 )<- 1000 sec before the 50 sec blink kicks back in.
    EndIf
    EndWhile

Very smooth getting the attention without looking to hard to see your pending count The keep is below

If (Z = 1)
    Z = 2
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 25 )<<----The Keeper
    Else
    Z = 1
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 1100 )<- 1100 sec before the 25 sec blink kicks back in.
    EndIf
    EndWhile

And overall 1125sec of sleep created in the loop gives perfect alert responce from the led also Reminder with a real time refresh of the plugin not forgetting the extra battery life saved for the treo 750 users...We have the keeper
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/28/2007 at 10:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    If (Z = 1)
    Z = 2
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 50 )<<----Im digging the 50 sec blink
    Else
    Z = 1
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 1000 )<- 1000 sec before the 50 sec blink kicks back in.
    EndIf
    EndWhile

Very smooth getting the attention without looking to hard to see your pending count The keep is below

If (Z = 1)
    Z = 2
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 25 )<<----The Keeper
    Else
    Z = 1
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 1100 )<- 1100 sec before the 25 sec blink kicks back in.
    EndIf
    EndWhile

And overall 1125sec of sleep created in the loop gives perfect alert responce from the led also Reminder with a real time refresh of the plugin not forgetting the extra battery life saved for the treo 750 users...We have the keeper

no comments can be a good thing sling. i think we have a winner.
  19.    #639  
    yes yes...I bumped the sms false start write into as well..We soon will have the complete.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    yes yes...I bumped the sms false start write into as well..We soon will have the complete.
    some one really needs to explain this "sms false start" thing to me. give me a link to someone explaining this problem, or tell me how I can create this problem.

I think that what ever you are calling a problem must be with just the 750 cause I have no problem with the sms on the 700. in fact I have more problem whit it since we tried to fix whatever it is than when we left thing alone.

someone please... explain in detail.