Page 28 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1823242526272829303132333878 ... LastLast
    Okay, I've run both versions of 5.2 Pro for the 750. Both of them seem to have the same issue.

When I receive a new email, it alerts just fine. And when I dismiss the notification, it stops reminding me. However, after clearing the notification, it continues to blink the number of new emails on the Carrier line until they are all read.

I really don't want to be forced to read all my emails to clear the line and see my battery level. Sometimes I intentionally mark them unread so I can follow up from my PC. Doing this sets treo alert to blinking again. Clearing the notification should be sufficient to clear this.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by fastlerner View Post
    Okay, I've run both versions of 5.2 Pro for the 750. Both of them seem to have the same issue.

When I receive a new email, it alerts just fine. And when I dismiss the notification, it stops reminding me. However, after clearing the notification, it continues to blink the number of new emails on the Carrier line until they are all read.

I really don't want to be forced to read all my emails to clear the line and see my battery level. Sometimes I intentionally mark them unread so I can follow up from my PC. Doing this sets treo alert to blinking again. Clearing the notification should be sufficient to clear this.

Anyone else having this issue?
    this is simple reading the count of unread messages and displaing them on the screen. just because the messages are dismissed doesn't remove then from the unread message count in the registry. maybe hannip and/or slingbox can figure out how to do this without reading the "unread messages" in a newer build and overcome this. other wise mark your messages read, or edit the script so it doesn't display the messages. really no other way.

this just may not be for everyone.
  3.    #543  
    I built a version that does not use the count yet trigers a reg string created.On every new incoming text or e-mail the value increase 1,2,3,4 and so on for each.Then on dismiss the reg value returns back to 0.You can have up to 20 unreads and the count starts over at 1 when new is receaved.I will drop it after further beta.Cody i will send you a version in a couple days.
    hey hannip/sling.

to help the guy in the above post with his problem of the notification flashing after he dismissed it .....

I edited the alert control.mscr to look like this.... I added a few "notify= true and notify = false". seems to work good. no matter if you read the messages or not you can dissmiss them to stop the flashing email thing. it's going off the notify now instead of just the unread messages. I don't have the updated alertcontrol.mscr so someone else needs to do these edits and post it for this guy. unless you see a problem with the way something is working.

cody

If ( tn > 0 && loop = 1 && Notify = TRUE)
    WriterString = " "
    EndIf

If ( tn > 0 && loop = 2 && Notify = TRUE)
    WriterString = %VM% & %MC% & %SMS% & %EM%
    EndIf

If (Notify = TRUE)
    KillScript( "\Program Files\Ultimate Writer\Ultimate Writer.mscr")
    RegWriteString "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", %WriterString%
    RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", %WriterString%
    Endif

uwr = ScriptProcExists( "Ultimate Writer.mscr" )
    If (uwr = 0 && Notify = FALSE)
    run ( "\Program Files\Ultimate Writer\Ultimate Writer.mscr")
    EndIf

# wait SleepSecs seconds
    Sleep( SleepSecs * 350 )

If (loop = 1)
    loop = 2
    Else
    loop = 1
    EndIf

EndWhile
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    .I will drop it after further beta.Cody i will send you a version in a couple days.
    ahhh. I see. don't want to share any more. doing your onw beta testing now. well from the poor job I did for you the last time I don't blame ya. I can just wait like everyone else. at least no one can blame me anymore when bad releases are released. lol.

you did noticed I posted my changes as soon as I did them. I don't care if there wrong. lol.
  6.    #546  
    No No Im lol lol.You know better then that.Im testing it now so when I send it to you it works correctly.I then will send my $$ to pay my mort dues and all will be ok lol lol
    hmm, since I was asked

What we could do is base blinks on Notify and not on the number of counts. Simple as pie to change.

Don't worry, I won't post anything. lol
  8.    #548  
    hmm thats what im doing.As read in above post
    I built a version that does not use the count yet trigers a reg string created.On every new incoming text or e-mail the value increase 1,2,3,4 and so on for each.Then on dismiss the reg value returns back to 0.You can have up to 20 unreads and the count starts over at 1 when new is receaved.I will drop it after further beta.Cody i will send you a version in a couple days.
  9.    #549  
    I will step back.No need for 2 version that do the same thing.
    I'm changing mine to work as it does now except after a dismiss it will stop blinking until the count increments. My personal preference.

That's all I have to say on the issue. lol
  11.    #551  
    $$$ lol...Im good for it
  12.    #552  
    Post it man post it
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Post it man post it
    Not sure if you are serious or not, but if you are here is my ALERT CONTROL.mscr. I think this is what fastlerner was asking for. Hey fastlerner try droping this script in your \Program Files\TREO ALERT folder and see if this is what you want. You have to soft reset to make it active.

It has special logic for email to not blink when the only counts are email and there is no notification pending.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I'm changing mine to work as it does now except after a dismiss it will stop blinking until the count increments. My personal preference.

That's all I have to say on the issue. lol
    that's how mine works. dismiss really dismissed. then when new notification come in it will display all unread messages. if you dismiss the new one that triggered the treo alert it will then go back to normal.

mines better than yours. and I did it first. lol. lol.
    hehe, you know what they say. Great minds think alike.
  16.    #556  
    Yes they do....Speaking of great minds.Cody we did some outstanding beta on the 5.2 man...Im loving it
    It's working perfectly for me too. Great job everyone!
  18.    #558  
    Good job hannip.I was woundring when you were going to fix that in your mscr lol lol.
    Well I still like to key off of counts when a phone call, sms or vmail comes in because the counts get set way before the notification so you get a much faster detection. Not to say there is anything wrong with your version.
    5.3 anyone?