Page 27 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031323777 ... LastLast
  1.    #521  
    Well that stinks
    Is the 5.2 build missing...can't find a link. I've got Hanip's "alternative" embeded inside the 4.9 program???
  3.    #523  
    Hannip has taken over Treo alert project.Im sure he will post his new cab file ASAP for all to enjoy
    No, I'm not posting any cabs. If Sling wants to incorporate my changes that's fine, but in no way am I taking over from Sling and Cody's fine work.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    No, I'm not posting any cabs. If Sling wants to incorporate my changes that's fine, but in no way am I taking over from Sling and Cody's fine work.
    i STILL cant figure out what was wrong with the first build. mine is working great. not an once of battery loss and trust me, i'm on my treo ALL DAY. i go through 2 seidio 2400 batteries a day. always have. since day one. i know how long i can go with one battery and i'm still going just as far with the sub sec loop.

about the sms dismiss... dismissing the pending email notification? this i can not find. maybe it's cause i'm using push email. like i said before. mine is working fine. to bad no one else can download it now. lol.
    "Can't we all just get along"
  7.    #527  
    I will build a new cab and drop it on sunday akenis
  8.    #528  
    If it,s ok with everyone I will fix the sms reset count.
    to get the speed in the refresh
    Sling if you need help you know what you have to do. I'm not going to step on your toes anymore.
    Changes:
    - Changes back to a 2 second loop to save battery
    - Only updates the Carrier Line when necessary to play nice with others
    - Uses a less annoying blink
    - Remembers your alert settings between soft resets
    - Tested on 700 and 750
    - Fixed 5.2 bug where counts were getting prematurely reset
    - Made notification detection more reliable
    NEW - Much faster notification detection
    NEW - More subtle and faster blink
    NEW - Fixed premature reminders
    man, that's alot of changes. i didn't realize it was that bad. sling, please take my name off of this project.

for the record... all i did was beta test. and as we can now tell, not that good of a job at that. i thought it was running right.

i did come up with the display thing, but it seems as if all that is gone as well. my beta testing and script help writing days are done. i will leave this up to the guys who know what there doing. those who know what there looking at. seriously, when i look at some of the scripts i say to my self... what the heck is all that. thay seem to work. the xcast guys, scottymomo, zbop, heck even crazy eddie has some intense scripts.

thanks hannip for finding all this before users started installing and having to mess with getting the fixes. it took you just a few hours to find thing i never could have found. thanks sling for bringing me in and letting me test.

i'm going back to the things i know how to do.

this is why i shyed away from the mort thing for so long. too complex.

If you have any issues, don't bother Sling or Cody, just PM me and I'll take care of it.
    keep me out of it. i am now just a leach. i do a better job at that. lol. slinghann does much better than slingcody.
    Cody you have evey right to have your name on this thing. Like Sling said before the only real bug was the sms thing. As I told Sling my contribution is just some changes I made for my own preferences and made it available. It was not intended to replace your work. There is nothing wrong with what you did and you should not be discouraged one bit. I was just enthusiastic about using your app. Now I wish I would've just stayed out of it. I didn't mean to step on toes. I just like to help out now and then, but some people seem to be offended by that. I didn't mean to do that. I appologize for my lack of sensitivity to you and Sling. Please don't stop scripting because of this.
    Originally Posted by hannip
    If you have any issues, don't bother Sling or Cody, just PM me and I'll take care of it.
    BTW, the reason I said to PM me directly was because I didn't want you guys to have to support multiple versions. I know how sensitive Sling is with his work and the way he likes things. I was trying not to step on toes, but it didn't work obviously.
    Cody, Just wanted to say don't stop writing scripts because of this, You have done some great work. I have used some of your scripts and they work great. Sling and Hannip I hope you guys can work this out for the sake of the treo community. You both are awesome script writers and the forum owes you both big for what you have given us. I work as a automotive designer and it's never a bad thing to have a second pair of eyes looking over my work. That's why we have checkers, so that it doesn't cost my company alot of money down the road for changes. Sling I hope you continue to write scripts, what you have done is awesome. I just wish I had the talent that you and Hannip and some of the other script writers have. Just wanted to let you know that all your work is greatly appreciated. Sorry this is so long. I'll shut up now.
  14.    #534  
    Drop in your my documents folder,give it a screen tap.After installed do a softreset on your device.You will see TREO ALERTS PRO 5.2 displayed in you carrier plugin followed by TREO ALERTS PRO: bat=what ever your battery level is.make your alert setting choice.

Trouble shoot if needed.
    After you install and do a softreset.If you get a pop up message you will need to start two files located In the TREO ALERT folder located in program files.
    Tap the files in this order,
    1)Mortscript.exe
    2)ALERT CONTROL.mscr
    Go back to your today screen and your carrier bar will display Treo alerts pro 5.2

Enjoy
    Great job goes to
    Cody ppc and Hannip

Jpeg below with zips
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/13/2007 at 10:39 AM.
  15.    #535  
    The same install direction as above post
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/22/2007 at 10:40 PM.
    what changes were made from the version i have?
    Maybe you already answered this, but how do I get this to run on startup. After I installed it I had to manually go in and click on the Mortscript.exe and then the Alert Control. Do I have to do this after every soft reset? It doesn't start up on its own when I soft reset. Thanks.
    Copy a shortcut of \Program Files\TREO ALERT\ALERT CONTROL.mscr and paste it in \Windows\Startup. The cabs have been updated to include this. It was missing before.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    Thankyou !!!!!!!! Great job & thanks to all involved... and extra thanks for adding the 750 to this project !!!
    Copy a shortcut of \Program Files\TREO ALERT\ALERT CONTROL.mscr and paste it in \Windows\Startup. The cabs have been updated to include this. It was missing before.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Thanks! Works great now!