Page 24 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1419202122232425262728293474 ... LastLast
  1.    #461  
    5.2 preview
    Last edited by slingbox; 05/13/2007 at 10:39 AM.
    look sweet cant Waite to try it
  3.    #463  
    The 5.2 is a Sling/Cody ppc project We are calling this one the true PA killer.
    Why go PA when you can go TA
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Ill be a beta tester dude hook me up.
    PA Killer... OH MY! I would LOVE to loose PhoneAlarm for good. Im a HUGE user of PA and just cant stand all the constant bugs!!! The developer does work to fix most bugs in a timely fashion (Current Beta testing is going GREAT for the new release of PA), but when he fixes one thing, he always breaks another! I have the feeling the code for PhoneAlarm must be a complete mess of hacks to accomodate so many devices.

On the other Hand, Phonealarm does some fantastic things for me (The latest Beta Builds work GREAT on the Treo 750). I dont think mortscript could reproduce them all. But if TA can live up o the hype, I would be happy to try it.
  6.    #466  
    Can we build a full version of PA with mortscript..hmm we would be building for ever.As you said there always a new version with so many users wanting so much then beta bugs beta bugs..PA is a full time beta test in my opinion .Can TA live up to the hype...I think so

1)All pending counts displayed.
    2)Battery level/memory level displayed.
    3)5 alert setting choices.
    4)verbal missed call and V-Mail count
    5)Being built for the treo
    6)easy to use.

Are we trying to build phone alarm?? No
    What were building is what WM should have had from the start.

So then comes the choice.
    PA with so much functions choices that so many are unhappy with due to the 24 hour beta tester
    OR
    TA..Built for the treo,not giving you headackes.The basics interstink..Sometimes we take them for granted and want more then can be had.PA is that example
    Hey Sling, looks awesome. One question the sms counter will this work with the threaded messaging app? Can't wait to try 5.2. Got rid of phonealarm along time ago.
  8.    #468  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinger2 View Post
    Hey Sling, looks awesome. One question the sms counter will this work with the threaded messaging app? Can't wait to try 5.2. Got rid of phonealarm along time ago.
    I dont have sms thread installed on my treo.Cody has the sms app on his treo I do beleave.He can fill in the blanks on that one kinger.
    Thanks Sling. Hey Sling one thing you mentioned something about memory, is that free memory? If it is whatin the registry did you use for the code. I was writing a script to have signal strength, battery percentage and free memory in the carrier string. Could'nt find what to use for the memory. Have a 700w so you know how important free memory can be for me lol.
    The idea behind PA is great. But, as previously discussed, the vast differences among devices makes it very difficult to get everything right. I own PA and haven't used it for months. It's getting so bloated with a lot of options I don't even want to use. TA gets much of what I want done, and done well. With the addition of profiles, it would be a PA killer!
  11.    #471  
    Well good news..No more led blink when you sync to your pc like the 4.9 did...
    That bug is dead
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    awesome again sling...i would be glad to be a beta tester, but just one thing is i have a 750...lol...but as for sms thread thinggy the 750 has it built in and it doesnt matter i still get the reminder...dunno about a count though...
  13.    #473  
    We might drop the 5.2 cab tonight...Just waiting for cody to approve the beta. He's worked hard on this build as well and contributed alot f,sure.
    If the 700 series is posted the 750 will be posted also one time deal
  14.    #474  
    Aloha to all It,s going to take 5 more days till the 5.2 release.I found 2 changes within the alert control.mscr into the remind.mscr giving a better user experance so hold tight guys
    i was hoping i would be able to try this out tonight, oh well......
    We might drop the 5.2 cab tonight...Just waiting for cody to approve the beta. He's worked hard on this build as well and contributed alot f,sure.
    If the 700 series is posted the 750 will be posted also one time deal
    Thats what i like to hear - kepp us all happy!

Cant wait for the next release sling thanks for all your hard work.
    Nokia 3210 > Nokia 3310 >Palm Vx > Palm M105 >Treo 180g and Nokia 8850 > Treo 270 > Treo 600 > Sony TH55 > Tapwave Zodiac 2 > Treo 650 GSM > Imate KJam > Treo 750v

Formerly Known As PRANKSTAR
    Okay, now I can officially say it. The wait for a 750 build is becoming painfull. Been following this thread for a while (ever since I got my 750) as I REALLY need an app like this since I'm "on call" and can't afford to miss my calls/messages.

It seems like every time a 750 version is about to come out, we move on to the next revision number. Unless I missed a post, the 750 version of 4.9 Pro never happened, and now we're waiting for 5.2.

Sling, I am SO grateful that you guys are building this app. I just wish there was a version I could use. ANYTHING at this point would be better than what I have (which is nothing).
  18.    #478  
    Fast we are almost there with the 5.2 version and I sincerely apologize to the 750 owners..I'm not trying to kick you guys to the curve yet I felt it was a step backwords to release the 750 4.9 because it has a active sync led bug.The 5.2 is so close it only made sense to me to take that path...
    You will be more then happy with the newest release 5.2 in a couple days f,sure.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    hey fast just use the 750 beta...that is what i use for the time being...at least it wakes up the 750 for the reminder...thats the big thing right...
  20.    #480  
    The 5.2 will be up for download Friday evening.
    Versions,
    5.2- 700 wx/w
    5.2- 750