Page 20 of 108 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253070 ... LastLast
    tried it, vibe works
  2.    #382  
    even better.So were just left with The trick on the reg
    Carrier name reverts back to Cingular after a minute or two..I assume because I have network time enabled...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4.    #384  
    So if the screen sleep tweak can be added were the ToggleDispaly(on) is and set the value back to norm after wav.there are no woreies as far as making call with reminder sound kicking in as seen ,

N = RegRead( "HKLM", "System\State\Phone", "Palm Active Call Count" )
    If ( N = 0 )

so what ever tweak would be placed would not kick in on active call.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    well tried the missed call, silence the vol on the device, and vibe...all working great...for the silence the vol on the device i just wanted to see if we bring the vol down that the reminder alert would be silent and only be the light...vibe working great...and it does wake up the device when its sleeping...awesome sling...just awesome...
    Now you need to throw a UI on it so the user can choose which alerts they want/don't want, turn reminder on/off, alert sound on/off for each reminder etc.

7.    #387  
    im working on that Im also building clear plugin for today screen
    levenum over at XDA has pushed me in the right direction-Today screen plugin
    Last edited by slingbox; 04/05/2007 at 06:46 PM.
    cool

9.    #389  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rino808 View Post
    well tried the missed call, silence the vol on the device, and vibe...all working great...for the silence the vol on the device i just wanted to see if we bring the vol down that the reminder alert would be silent and only be the light...vibe working great...and it does wake up the device when its sleeping...awesome sling...just awesome...
    Good deal Rino but the better deal is saving you guys screen wake inturn battery life is spared
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Just a dumb observation but....

I hade hidelogo running, and of course didn't see a thing after the install. In know its obvious but you may wanna tell people to switch off that, so they can see the carrier bar again

Also not sure exactly what it does (haven't been following the entire thread and don't have time to read back 20 pages). Let me ask a simple question... does it respond to the silent/noise slider switch? i.e. if I go into a meeting and switch to meeting mode, will I get the alerts upon sliding it back again? Or does it respond only to the radio on/off mode?

Thanks, this is excellent work!
    Sling... every thing seems to be working as others have mentioned but... after soft-reset, I get the "Welcome to Treo Alerts" then turn Alerts on all is still well. Screen goes to sleep & when waking the screen back up the Treo Alerts on message immediately disappears & "Cingular" comes back. The alerts still seem to work, but there is nothing on the "Today Screen" to tell me they are on?!
  12.    #392  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post
    Just a dumb observation but....

I hade hidelogo running, and of course didn't see a thing after the install. In know its obvious but you may wanna tell people to switch off that, so they can see the carrier bar again

Also not sure exactly what it does (haven't been following the entire thread and don't have time to read back 20 pages). Let me ask a simple question... does it respond to the silent/noise slider switch? i.e. if I go into a meeting and switch to meeting mode, will I get the alerts upon sliding it back again? Or does it respond only to the radio on/off mode?

Thanks, this is excellent work!
    when you mute device you get the vib every 2 min letting you know you have pending message.When you turn off treo alerts going into a meeting then turn back on after done it will give you missed call count as well voice mail notification.Hidelgo will not be an issue in the next build will have it,s own plugin no longer using carrier.
  13.    #393  
    Quote Originally Posted by coppert View Post
    Sling... every thing seems to be working as others have mentioned but... after soft-reset, I get the "Welcome to Treo Alerts" then turn Alerts on all is still well. Screen goes to sleep & when waking the screen back up the Treo Alerts on message immediately disappears & "Cingular" comes back. The alerts still seem to work, but there is nothing on the "Today Screen" to tell me they are on?!
    I dont own the 750 so im working with hannip to get the lowdown on device since he does own one..The carrier plugin will not be used on next build so there will be no issue with cingular or sprint on raom having the disapearing text status any more.TREO ALERTS will have it,s own today screen plugin.
    All I have to say is thanks a lot, this is one of the most useful pieces of software I have... Working great on my 750, the only issue is as stated that it reverts back to cingular in the carrier bar. Nice job sling....
  15.    #395  
    Glade to hear jhern The better news is that Treo alerts It's going to have it,s own today plugin that way Treo alerts and Cingular dont have to fight over the carrier bar plugin.Cingular seem to be winning that battle yet not for long
    what does this program really do just alert you if you have missed calls and stuff like that. notifcations and blah blah is it really all it does. i'm just wondering....
    Extract the ALERT CONTROL.mscr from this zip and drop it in \Program Files\TREO ALERT folder then soft reset.

This fixes the problem where Cingular would display after coming back from suspend.

Edit: Modified to delay at startup to show welcome then 7 seconds later the status.

Edit2: Fix to keep the alert state after soft reset.

Note this will also work on 700 series.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by hannip; 04/07/2007 at 10:51 AM.
  18.    #398  
    Great job hannip as always.Thanks much.I was tempted to pic up a treo 750 today ofcourse for the 15 day trial and learn the reg on that bad boy.
  19.    #399  
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Extract the ALERT CONTROL.mscr from this zip and drop it in \Program Files\TREO ALERT folder then soft reset.

This fixes the problem where Cingular would display after coming back from suspend.

Edit: Modified to delay at startup to show welcome then 7 seconds later the status.

Edit2: Fix to keep the alert state after soft reset.

Note this will also work on 700 series.
    Alert state was not fixed.It was changed.The current build was built to have alerts off on softreset.you must tap icon to start the current 4.8 build

Phil C
    Well it's fixed for me and Cody anyway

If you use my version it remembers the on/off state on soft reset.