Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,100 of 2146
    Looking forward to version 11 hannip.

And if you can, based off my suggestion

Try to get the vibrate to happen upon receiving the alert (not after)
    Try to add the function of how many times the alert happens upon initial receiving. I think 1-5 is a good option. I do like to have the phone vibrate 2x when I get an alert, or that's how I used it in Butler. I'll post a screen shot of how that was. I know it is POS, but you can see what it looked like, and at least get an idea of what it contained and how things were set up and what it offered.

I know you probably wont be able to create it like that, but it was pretty full featured. I really like the LED section too.

Here are a few screenshots from the program....

Last edited by quickstang; 07/30/2008 at 09:50 AM.
    okay so i have a sprint 700wx. the best version of treo alert would be what? i link to where i can download would be greatly appreciated :]
  3.    #2084  
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyrocka View Post
    okay so i have a sprint 700wx. the best version of treo alert would be what? i link to where i can download would be greatly appreciated :]
    Treo Alert Pro 8.2 Beta 8

Enjoy
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=1473
    Actually, beta 11 should work fine. It's not just for the 800w. It should work on all Windows Mobile devices. If it doesn't let me know.
    so if im correct, right now it cant be set to flash led while phone is ringing?

also, i havent tried this with beta 11, but i know on beta 10 the only led setting that would work is the default one. changing the timing caused it not to work at all.... i believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by pearldrums287 View Post
    so if im correct, right now it cant be set to flash led while phone is ringing?
    Correct, there is no option currently to flash the led when the phone is ringing.

also, i havent tried this with beta 11, but i know on beta 10 the only led setting that would work is the default one. changing the timing caused it not to work at all.... i believe.
    On any device other than a 700wx and 750 the only LED color/blink rate supported is the standard NLED notification color/blink rate which is defined by the device maker/carrier. For the 800w that is green blink. This is on the known issues list. Other colors/blink rates may become available on the 800w in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    I've got to say 'NICE JOB' with the Treo Alert program... it utilizes area on the Treo 800w that is really wasted space until now!

Im not sure yet but b12 isn't catching my attention like b11 was.

Maybe its cause I havnt changed my audio settings, but I've yet to hear a vocal reminder and its on.

Ill post more when I figure out exactly what's going on.

Im also trying to answer the phone while its ringing/vibrating but I've yet to have the audio problems others are having.
    Quote Originally Posted by MedicWill View Post
    Im not sure yet but b12 isn't catching my attention like b11 was.

Maybe its cause I havnt changed my audio settings, but I've yet to hear a vocal reminder and its on.
    You have to enable one of the Alert Settings that includes Reminders for the voice reminders to work.

Ill post more when I figure out exactly what's going on.

Im also trying to answer the phone while its ringing/vibrating but I've yet to have the audio problems others are having.
    Have you installed the Palm bt patch? Only users that have installed that patch experience the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BC4Bama View Post
    I've got to say 'NICE JOB' with the Treo Alert program... it utilizes area on the Treo 800w that is really wasted space until now!

Thanks
    Treo Alerts 8.2 beta 13 is now available for your testing pleasure.

Get it here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...postcount=2050
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hannip View Post
    Treo Alerts 8.2 beta 13 is now available for your testing pleasure.
    Thanks hannip!!

btw is it possible if you will be releasing TA without xcast? (slim version) because the service is not usable in some countries Thx
    Save the cheerleader, Save The World!

Treo 750v user and loving it!
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Is there any way to get the LED to stay on solid green when there's a signal, like every other cell phone I've ever had? ;-) Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by sliders7 View Post
    Thanks hannip!!

btw is it possible if you will be releasing TA without xcast? (slim version) because the service is not usable in some countries Thx
    You don't have to use xcast, it doesn't add any bloat to the program.

btw, you can enter a city code if not in the US. You'll have to look up what your city code is. Example, enter this url to find the city code for Sydney.
    http://xoap.weather.com/search/search?where=Sydney

It returns a list of possible matches. Looks like ASXX0112 is the city code to use. Just enter that when configuring Xcast.

Edit: Looks like I need to add a configuration for Celsius vs Fahrenheit. The next drop will include that.
    Last edited by hannip; 08/31/2008 at 04:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by raheenb View Post
    Is there any way to get the LED to stay on solid green when there's a signal, like every other cell phone I've ever had? ;-) Thanks!
    Sorry, that's not a feature of Treo Alerts. LED's are very device specific except for the notification API, but that doesn't let you pick the color or blink rate. Your best bet is to search forums focused on your device and look for an app there.
    Is this the right place to ask for TA help?
    Loved Treo Alert on my new 800W. Swapped to Flexmail client and lost notification functionality. I read many posts and see there is some script\patch(?) to make TA alert better with Flexmail. But, I can't find more information or instructions.
    I'll be un-installing Flexmail if I can't figure this out, 'cause TreoAlert is closest thing I've found to Palm app "Butler" and I'd choose the TA reminders over the better mail client.
    -Dave
    hmm, there is support for Flexmail alerts already. I wonder if they changed the guid since I added it. Can you check the value in the following registry entry when you have a new email alert from the OS (mail bubble at top of today screen)

HKLM\System\State\Shell\Notifications\Active
    CLSID

The value I have in TA is:
    "{1B70F4A6-F103-40A1-82EC-45CC19E46889}"