Page 100 of 108 FirstFirst ... 50909596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 2,000 of 2146
    Hey guys...

Love the script. It has a central home on my today screen. PA never seemed to work right.

Q: My X cast weather display frequently displays "Forcast for 29464" and not the forcast. It's set for the shortest time interval for updates, but something isn't working right. I fly a lot and the phone radio/connection is off/on many times a day. Is there a way to force an update? Does the XCast wx go away if the update isn't current?

I also use SBP wx, and it doesn't like my off/on habits either and stops auto updating. There support says the connection must be available at the time of the scheduled update. If I'm airborne at that time, it seems the update schedule gets messed up...

Thanks

drew
    I have a mortscript/TA issue with my Sprint Touch. Initially I installed ledkiller for my touch, and soon thereafter it seems like mortscript got in an endless loop. It heated my phone up to where it was pretty warm and ran the battery down 50% before I realized it was happening. After a couple of times of this, I just removed LEDKiller.

I then decided a week or two later that I would really like notification reminders so I installed TreoAlert. A few hours later, the runaway script thing happened again. So I was forced to remove TA as well. I still have MortScript installed so I can fire up Opera Mini, and it doesnt give me any problems.

Anyone see this type of behavior before? I should note that I have successfully run mortscript on my 700wx for quite a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
    I have a mortscript/TA issue with my Sprint Touch. Initially I installed ledkiller for my touch, and soon thereafter it seems like mortscript got in an endless loop. It heated my phone up to where it was pretty warm and ran the battery down 50% before I realized it was happening. After a couple of times of this, I just removed LEDKiller.

I then decided a week or two later that I would really like notification reminders so I installed TreoAlert. A few hours later, the runaway script thing happened again. So I was forced to remove TA as well. I still have MortScript installed so I can fire up Opera Mini, and it doesnt give me any problems.

Anyone see this type of behavior before? I should note that I have successfully run mortscript on my 700wx for quite a while.
    Sounds like you have other stuff causing the problem. I've been running TA and ledkiller for a month with no problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by volwrath View Post

I run TreoAlert and LED Killer with no issues. I have been running both on my Mogul since July without any issues like you experienced. Considering the Touch and Mogul are very similar in hardware, it should not have any issues the Mogul wouldn't also experience. I suspect you have something else going on that is causing it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Quote Originally Posted by stroths View Post
    I run TreoAlert and LED Killer with no issues. I have been running both on my Mogul since July without any issues like you experienced. Considering the Touch and Mogul are very similar in hardware, it should not have any issues the Mogul wouldn't also experience. I suspect you have something else going on that is causing it.
    At the very least, I think its interaction with mortscript and the other programs, since I dont have the problem without either TA or LEDK installed. There is no telling what the conflict would be I have so much 3rd party stuff loaded I would think it would be something using the notification queue tho
  6. umc
    I just installed TA and like it a lot and can't wait to starting using it.

While playing around I noticed that I can't change colors and such so I found this:
    The Treo 750 will only show a selected color if TreoLED supports it on that device. Defaults are chosen for colors and devices not supported.
    I have a 750 but wasn't sure if the above means that I should or shouldn't be able to change colors and effects (blinking). Also, I have red fast blink selected for missed calls and the Led lights orange and not red, thoughts?

Thanks for the help.
    Can I do a regedit and change the LED color of notification? Where? Thank you.
    Hey all, on the Treo 750 the signal strength appears to not be correct. It displays as follows:
    No service signal bars 0% or 46%
    1 Bar 62%
    2 Bars 74%
    3 Bars 86%
    4 Bars 100%
    Is this reliable?
    I had 46% displaying when in a dodgy area and then it goes straight to 0 and no signal.
    almost 2000 posts. go go go. lol
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    If you want to buy me lunch... click here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    Hi:
    Thanks so much for developing Treo Alerts, it's an AMAZING app!
    Any update on whether this will work on the Tilt, and if so which version or add ons do I need?
    I used to have a 750, and Treo Alerts was one of my favorite things on the phone. I tried installing TA 8.2 Beta 8 on the Tilt, and it simply did nothing at all. No LED alert, no sound alert etc. The Today info did show up though.
    I did perform a soft reset after install, and have checked all TA settings, but still no luck.
    I also saw there was an update file a few pages back, but am unsure what it is for.

Any suggestions? Please help, I miss Treo Alerts

Thanks
    the tilt is one one those device likke the 750 that needs the screen ON to give you the notification. this setting is in the exe file which i can't not edit sorry. the other (real) writers of this app are on vacation, but i am sure as soon as the 800w comes out everyone will be back and the tilt will be added to the line up.

i was thinking... i maybe able to fix this with another script... hmmm. i'll pm you if i come up with something.

cody
    My Avatar = This guy walks 12 miles a day just to charge his cell phone. Link Here
    PDA's I've owned/used in order... nextel i930, BB 7100i, PPC-6700 (apache), treo 700p, PPC-6700, treo 700wx, PPC-6800 (mogul), PPC-6900 (touch), treo 755p, PPC-6900 (touch), BB 8130 (Pearl),PPC-6800 (mogul), BB 8330 (Curve) Diamond, treo 800w, Touch Pro, BB 8330 (Curve), Treo 800w, Treo Pro
    OK, here is the fixes some of you have been waiting for.

First off this is ONLY for NON TREO DEVICES. the attached "TREO ALERT PRO 8.2 BETA 8.1.cab" should be installed first. you should be able to just install right over the old version of treo alerts if you have it already installed. this version just adds the fixes with the repeat notifications sounding while you are talking on the phone. same fix that i posted in this thread... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...139440&page=99 post 1969

next, for ONLY THE TILT users, and maybe some other device that i dont know about, that treo alerts is not working on. you need to install the "8.2 version" below . this will simple change the toggledisplay to one 60 seconds after you softreset. in english it will allow treo alerts to give you the repeat notifications that you want. fix the things that were broke. i dont know FORSURE if this will work since i dont have the tilt, but i think it will. if not it all is completely uninstallable.

please reply back if it works or not.

thanks, TA Team

8.1 versions.... normal non treo devices
    8.2 versions.... tilt and devices where 8.1 didn't work
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 01/09/2008 at 12:01 PM.
    just in case 8.2 didn't work for those tilt users out there.... i would like you to try 8.3. this version will re-right the "toggletoday" every 30 seconds. it looks as if one of the users here in the forums had a problem with it somethime writing back to 0. this version should fix that, but i want you to try 8.2 first.

use this as a second try

thanks, TA team
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Current Devices below that Can use Treo Alert 8.2 beta 8,

(TREO 700wx)
    (TREO 700w)
    (TREO 750)
    (HTC 6800)
    (HTC 6900<Currently working on "Active call bug " fix for 6900 device 11/26/07)

What is TREO ALERT???
    An app with the total size of 400.3 kB which is very very lite on your treo keeping it running smooth giving your Treo Alert features that were unheard of a few months back.
    This is the first WM Treo app to offer led blink colors,Orange and red as well XCAST WEATHER , VOICE ALERT REMINDERS FOR-missed calls with call count,sms,email, voice mail,Timer feature giving you the flexibility to set alerts to start and end when needed,voice caller ID reminder that tell you the last phone# that has called you....I could keep on going with the outstanding features this app provides but this post would run out of space.

1-5 star Performance Rating Beta builds Posted below.

==========================================================
    Treo Alert Pro 8.2 beta 1 = Performance rating(4 Star)

1)This version gives you choice between carrier plugin or full plugin view.
    The setting is located in config menu/display settings.

2)Removed wav tones form settings menu.Using beep sounds..This is a beta guys.I have not made up my mind on it yet.Update 7/4/07..Were going to stay with beep sounds in setting menus.

3)Changed led blinks.all pendings have fast blink
    missed call = red fast blink
    sms/email = orange fast blink
    vmail = green fast blink

4) welcome wav tone when installing only plays on install.Soft reset away when ever you want.The treo alert wav tone wont wake you up anymore lol

5)What the heck happened .I was on vacation from mortscript

WE WISH EVERYONE A HAPPY 4th
    UPDATED TO BETA 2 VERSION = Performance rating(4 Star)

Added,

1)More Beep Sounds to alert setting menus

2)New (View Current settings) Layout

3)BT Change made not to take you into menus.One tap on and off.

7/5/07
    UPDATED TO BETA 3 VERSION = Performance rating(4 Star)

ADDED

1)Fixes whacky email count on soft reset.

2)Also fixes conflict with phoneweaver (hopefully).

7-6-07
    UPDATED TO BETA 4 VERSION = Performance rating(4 Star)

ADDED

1) All blinks now fast (only affects treo 700 series)

2) Assume ringer is on for devices that don't have HKLM System\State\Hardware Ringer reg value. (fixes 6800 always vibe bug).

ADDED

1) Supports vibe on non-treo devices = GOOD JOB CODY.
    2) Removed LedUp since it's really not needed anymore. Using MortScript Vibrate instead.
    3) Use zbop's latest billboard that supports dynamic plugin menu and fixes bitmap colors = Thanks Z.
    4) Changed install program to use billboard from the start if not a treo or if hidelogo is enabled.
    5) Use full month name if using billboard.

ADDED

1) (Set Reminder Sound ) tab added to (Alerts Configurations menu).This feature lets you change the wav sound for pending reminder.when you choose the Set Reminder Sound tab a menu will pop displaying wav sounds in sounds folder. Scroll down to the windows folder and wav sounds will be displayed there as well.Choose the sound you want to hear as your reminder and your set.You can see what reminder sound you have active by viewing..(View current settings) in main menu.
    2)Updated VIBRATE.MSCR for 6800 mogul users

ADDED
    led color selection in Alerts Configuration
    All TreoLED colors/blink styles are included. They are:
    green-solid
    green-strobe
    green-blink
    green-blink-fast
    green-blink-turbo
    red-solid
    red-strobe
    red-blink
    red-blink-fast
    red-blink-turbo
    orange-solid
    orange-strobe
    orange-blink
    orange-blink-fast
    orange-blink-turbo
    red-blink-slow
    green-blink-slow
    orange-blink-slow

disclaimer: Only Treo 700 series devices are fully supported. The Treo 750 will only show a selected color if TreoLED supports it on that device. Defaults are chosen for colors and devices not supported.

Ive been very busy at work and I would like to thank Hannip && Cody for picking up my slack.Hannip put alot of time into this build and it shows with his eVC write.This build is the best yet
    Thanks Again Paul
    Phil C

ADDED,
    1) Eliminated the stability problems. No more runaway led's.

2) Added selectable events to be reminded of.
    The events are selected under the Alerts Config. You can turn off and on an event such as voicemail and watch the led turn on or off in realtime with the setting.

==========================================================
    WHAT WILL BE ADDED COMPLETING THE 8.2 BUILD

1)A feature called (TIME STAMP). This feature gives you verbal confirmation on what time your last pending was received

This app cost you nothing. It's using a great tool called mortscript.
    Please Feel free to Donate.
    Paypal donation is located under main menu on left side of page in link below.
    http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...ew&action=view

TA Development Team,
    Codyppc
    Hannip
    Sling
    Another great Mort App
    Cody added some great features into the xcast app
    Check this out
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=150417
    HEY This works perfecly!! thank u sooooooo0o0o0o0o0o0o much!! <3

is there any way to make the led green on all the time? thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    OK, here is the fixes some of you have been waiting for.

First off this is ONLY for NON TREO DEVICES. the attached "TREO ALERT PRO 8.2 BETA 8.1.cab" should be installed first. you should be able to just install right over the old version of treo alerts if you have it already installed. this version just adds the fixes with the repeat notifications sounding while you are talking on the phone. same fix that i posted in this thread... http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...139440&page=99 post 1969

next, for ONLY THE TILT users, and maybe some other device that i dont know about, that treo alerts is not working on. you need to install the "8.2 version" below . this will simple change the toggledisplay to one 60 seconds after you softreset. in english it will allow treo alerts to give you the repeat notifications that you want. fix the things that were broke. i dont know FORSURE if this will work since i dont have the tilt, but i think it will. if not it all is completely uninstallable.

please reply back if it works or not.

thanks, TA Team

8.1 versions.... normal non treo devices
    8.2 versions.... tilt and devices where 8.1 didn't work
    Hi Cody:
    Thanks so much. I have actually decided not to use Treo Alert, because I can't live without the charging indicator LED, lol.
    But, I wanted to say thanks for all your hard work
    Quote Originally Posted by etherial View Post
    Hey all, on the Treo 750 the signal strength appears to not be correct. It displays as follows:
    1 Bar 62%
    2 Bars 74%
    3 Bars 86%
    4 Bars 100%
    Is this reliable?
    I had 46% displaying when in a dodgy area and then it goes straight to 0 and no signal.
    Hey guys, further to this, i have noticed that if i ask via the voice command what is the signal strength it gives me more sensible readings. ie if i have 2 bars, the voice status says 60%, but TA says 74%. It seems to be out right through the range.
    Cheers!
    Hey guys, further to this, i have noticed that if i ask via the voice command what is the signal strength it gives me more sensible readings. ie if i have 2 bars, the voice status says 60%, but TA says 74%. It seems to be out right through the range.
    Cheers!
    Interesting.

At home I have one bar on my 700WX (Sprint).

TA says 16%, VC says 10%.

It seems there must be at least two sources for the signal strength. I wonder which is more accurate?
  18.    #1998  
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic View Post

It seems there must be at least two sources for the signal strength. I wonder which is more accurate?
    My bet is on TA
    1 Bar 62%
    2 Bars 74%
    3 Bars 86%
    4 Bars 100%
    Is this reliable?
    I just peeked in my registry, and TA matches exactly the signal strength shown in "HKLM\System\State\Phone\Signal Strength Raw" which in this case happened to be 86%.

At the same time, "HKLM\System\State\Phone\Signal Strength" showed 90%.

I changed location and the "raw" number changed to 74 while the other showed 60.

Since TA seems to be using the RAW sig strength, I'd agree that it's probably the more accurate. The other figure seems to be grossly rounded for some reason. Go figure.
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html
    Just looked back and saw that my numbers match exactly the discrepancy between TA and Voice Commander for signal strength. Looks like there's your answer.

While the "raw" signal is exactly that, I'm guessing that the other is rounded down to be closer to equating the signal strength with the quality of the call experience. Just a guess.

Edit: WOO HOOO!!! Just realized I got post #2000 in the thread!!! Hooray TREO ALERT!! Can't wait to see where it is after another 2000 posts.
    Last edited by fastlerner; 01/23/2008 at 03:40 PM. Reason: saw my post number...
    Treo 750 | AT&T | WM6| TREO750-2.27-RWE | FW 1.54.01.00

My Treo freeware apps - http://slicktools.itrello.com
    My favorite software picks - http://slicktools.itrello.com/750-picks.html