Page 10 of 108 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060 ... LastLast
  1.    #181  
    Have you tried the VERIZON WX 4.1 version?.
    By the the way it looks in the forum last night the V-WX and W are the same path.
    Download the Verizon version
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    i bet that the verizon wx is like there w
    this is exactly the case. verizon is verizon no matter what model.

silly me i went in to the verison store, beemed my phm regedit onto there devices and shecked them out. thay both use the same reg for carrier. there is a busy store right by my work. it was fun sniking around on there phones. lol
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/27/2007 at 05:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by levinda View Post
    Slingbox, codyppc, and sschlesinger,

Thanks for your efforts. My VZW 700wx is running TreoAlert now!

Question..

Currently, when my machine soft resets (it does this every day due to Sprite Backup at 5:00 am), the Treo Alert is deafaulted to being turned off and I must tap the icon to enable it.

If I wanted it to default to on, could I just edit the Start.mscr script as follows?

#Start.mscr

Sleep 5000
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\led", "ALERT", 1 )
    Sleep 10000
    RegWriteString "HKLM","Software\Microsoft\Ril","CarrierName", TREO ALERT- ACTIVE

Then it would this script on start up and Treo Alert would start as activr, correct?

Hannip and Slingbox rule!!
    this is what i have been talking about last weekend with you sling. you replied back saying something like " you forgot to put in a start up script on the first few versions, but did in the last versions."

i think we may be confusing the start up folder. your thinking start up for the app which give you the "treo alert - welcome" screen in carrier plugin. what some of us are wanting is a "treo alert - active" in carrier plugin. this would mean that treo alert would allready be enabled after a softreset and no need to remember to turn it on. this app is too awesome to ever need to turn it off. lol.

this is what i tried doing in the "TA launcher" scripts i sent you. i will attach them in this post for other script writers to see. i did get the 1st one to work 40% of the time.

cody
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by codyppc; 03/27/2007 at 05:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    hmmm you might want to add a mort timer script that toggles the Treoset.mscr.-Icon
    a toggel script to turn on automatically after softreset and the timer part to turn it off when you are sleeping....? now that would be awesome. doesn't need and i wouldn't put it in the "treo alert" program, but would be a cool addon script.
    ok a slight problem but not sur if its a treo alert problem. Last night after a hard reset and installing treo alert (first program to go on after the hard reset) I also had a bunch of other installed on there as well. Magi call and city Id, not sure which program messed up. But here what happened in short. Everything synced correctly to the treo except the most important contacts it says its synced(contacts) but it isn't, I have over 200 contacts that should've been synced and none of them were actually transferred to my treo. So I uninstalled Magicall, City Id and treo alerts. And then resynced and viola it worked I will do further testing tonight though. I must say treo alert is is a lot friendlier then phone alarm as far as memory and less of a hassle for me. With Phone alarm it was getting worse and worse eveyday as far as reliability. So far treo alert is exactly what i've been waiting for.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
    Quote Originally Posted by sschlesinger View Post
    ok a slight problem but not sur if its a treo alert problem. Last night after a hard reset and installing treo alert (first program to go on after the hard reset) I also had a bunch of other installed on there as well. Magi call and city Id, not sure which program messed up. But here what happened in short. Everything synced correctly to the treo except the most important contacts it says its synced(contacts) but it isn't, I have over 200 contacts that should've been synced and none of them were actually transferred to my treo. So I uninstalled Magicall, City Id and treo alerts. And then resynced and viola it worked I will do further testing tonight though. I must say treo alert is is a lot friendlier then phone alarm as far as memory and less of a hassle for me. With Phone alarm it was getting worse and worse eveyday as far as reliability. So far treo alert is exactly what i've been waiting for.

to be honest... the things that treo alert have to do with the registry have nothing to do with what you are doing. it is really just and if/then statemant... if phone has a notifaction then activate the reminder wav.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
    to be honest... the things that treo alert have to do with the registry have nothing to do with what you are doing. it is really just and if/then statemant... if phone has a notifaction then activate the reminder wav.
    I think it was the magi call that was screwing with me I just did some experimenting and it seems like magicall is the culprit in this case. Also Cody sent you a pm.
    No more Tilt for me came back and got the Treo Pro.
  8.    #188  
    The script is pretty simple really and takes nothing from the OS.
    I was pretty surprised today when using tomtom.i was getting my Reminder alert with navagation software running
    When it comes to setting the value to 1 on startup so software becomes active on softreset that could cause false reminder alert.It,s far more stable leaving as is.I do recommend taking a look around for a script or 2 in mortscript threads.I built one for keylight so it would toggle on timer.I think it was from 6am keylights off 5pm keylights on and it works pretty darn good .
    i'm on it. i forgot about that one.
    the only one i could find was the one with chimer. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...16&postcount=5

is this the one you were talking about?
  11.    #191  
    Yep thats it
    ok, i'm no script writer, but i want to try.
    Am I seeing things? Did Cody say he's gonna write a script?

hehe, just teasing. The more the merrier I say!
  14.    #194  
    For those that want auto start after softreset here is your key.
    Replace START.mscr with one below.After softresets You will see
    HELLO in carrier bar then a few sec later you will here the pretty voice
    Say,TREO ALERT ACTIVE

#START.mscr-Activates TREO ALERT ON SOFTRESET
    Sleep 5000
    RegWriteDword ("HKLM", "System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State\led", "ALERT", 0 )
    Sleep 10000
    RegWriteString "HKLM","System\State\Phone","Current Operator Name", TREO ALERT- HELLO
    Sleep 8000
    CallScript ( "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\TREOSET.mscr" )
    Last edited by slingbox; 03/27/2007 at 09:48 PM.
    you be da man sling.

now how about this ? the week is almost over. also this ? lol.
    thank buddy, this is a big one for me. i use vibe all the time.
  17.    #197  
    Dont use . it Sxx.if vib does not complete it will not call +120 so you will not get reminder vib every 2 min
    Go back to the orginal
  18.    #198  
    That START.mscr works perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    Dont use . it Sxx.if vib does not complete it will not call +120 so you will not get reminder vib every 2 min
    Go back to the orginal
    ok????
  20.    #200  
    The keeper for now,

#
    # REMIND.mscr - Controls Reminder repeat
    #
    ErrorLevel ("syntax")

PlaySound "Program Files\TREO ALERT\Reminder.wav"

Run( "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\VIB.mscr" )

#Set when the script should run again, 2 minutes from the current time
    Rerun = Timestamp()+120
    RunAt( Rerun, "\Program Files\TREO ALERT\REMIND.mscr" )