1.    #1  
    Weeks ago I set a single reminder in Clock & Alarms. It went off as expected, but there was no UI on the screen on how to disable it or snooze it. I turned it off in Clock & Alarms, and it continued for a while, then stopped. Now, whenever I reboot the Treo, the damned thing starts going off again for a few minutes, again with no UI to turn it off.

How do I kill this damned thing?
    Can you find the notification icon on the top bar? If yes, just click it and dismiss it.

Otherwise, you can use memmaid (commercial) or task manager v2.7 to identify it in notification database and delete it. Good luck.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/taskmanager.shtml
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Otherwise, you can use memmaid (commercial) or task manager v2.7 to identify it in notification database and delete it. Good luck.

http://www.freewareppc.com/utilities/taskmanager.shtml
    Awesome, that seems to have done the trick! Found the Alarm in the notification database and nuked it, now the Treo is quiet
    Quote Originally Posted by weirded View Post
    Awesome, that seems to have done the trick! Found the Alarm in the notification database and nuked it, now the Treo is quiet
    Good. Keep the task manager. It is the best so far. Almost doing everything, except cooking your breakfast .
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Good. Keep the task manager. It is the best so far. Almost doing everything, except cooking your breakfast .
    No doubt, it's a keeper! Getting rid of all those other registry editor/task manager apps as we speak
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weirded View Post
    weirded,

I have the same problem, do you remember which one you nuked?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bkathens View Post
    weirded,

I have the same problem, do you remember which one you nuked?

Thanks
    It should say something like Windows\clock.exe
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    It should say something like Windows\clock.exe
    Yup, and one column actually has the name that you gave the alarm.
    Actually, if someone can explain the notification queue, that would be great. I have lots of Calendar.exe, replog.exe, 1 tasks.exe, a few calnot.exe, one \\windows\calupd.exe. MemMaid says no duplicates have been found.

Thanks
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Actually, if someone can explain the notification queue, that would be great. I have lots of Calendar.exe, replog.exe, 1 tasks.exe, a few calnot.exe, one \\windows\calupd.exe. MemMaid says no duplicates have been found.

Thanks
    Basically a database that stores "things that happen" when certain events are triggered. For example, turning the device on triggers a "whendevicewakesup", event in which you may have a running process that runs when that happens. When Calendar events or tasks have reminders associated with them, they are placed in the notification database.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Thanks, so how does one know if it is a hanging notification and should be deleted or not?

Quote Originally Posted by JGold View Post
    Basically a database that stores "things that happen" when certain events are triggered. For example, turning the device on triggers a "whendevicewakesup", event in which you may have a running process that runs when that happens. When Calendar events or tasks have reminders associated with them, they are placed in the notification database.

HTH!
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Thanks, so how does one know if it is a hanging notification and should be deleted or not?
    Well, if it's not a duplicate notification, it should be ok. If you notice that the DB has an entry for an application you have uninstalled, then you know it's pretty safe to get rid of it. Same with an alarm clock notification (the subject of the thread). If you uncheck a reminder for a calendar event or task, and it's still in the db, pretty safe to delete it (although I leave those alone - unless they cause an alarm).

Moral of story - just worry about dupe notifications and those that seem to cause problems.

Thanks
    Calendar.exe notifications are event reminders from the calendar. Check the date/time of when it's supposed to go off..if any are in the past you can delete em, otherwise leave them alone

replog.exe is for Active Sync. If you delete these by mistake you won't be able to use ActiveSync at all, so leave them alone.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo View Post
    replog.exe is for Active Sync. If you delete these by mistake you won't be able to use ActiveSync at all, so leave them alone.
    Oops...forgot about that one...but basically goes along what I was saying.

Thanks Scotty!