Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    The hidelogo DOES work on the 700wx. I've done it. There are several threads already regarding it.

I tried the phone skin hack, which didn't seem to do anything.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    The hidelogo DOES work on the 700wx. I've done it. There are several threads already regarding it.

I tried the phone skin hack, which didn't seem to do anything.
    Did you restart your treo after the hack? It won't work in today or inbox. Anyway, this hack is not so useful until WM6 is out.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I would be very cautious of the phonepad hack on the 700wx. I did that a while back and I was unable to enable the speakerphone afterwards. Luckily, I had a backup prior to doing this hack and went back to it. I tested it again to ensure its what caused it and sure enough it killed my speakerphone again.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Yea, don't do the phonepad hack on the 700wx, like stroths I ran into the same problem. Sprite saved me.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    I just did the side button one one the 700W and it works like a charm!

Actually, I downloaded the .reg file, changed the extension to .txt on my desktop PC and looked at the contents, then just edited it manually using total commander. Did this by just copying the registry entries from button 40C6 (hold side) to a new directory called 40C7 (click side).

Now I have Oxios CloseApps mapped to button-click, and Oxios Hibernate mapped to button-hold... bingo, instant memory management from a single button!
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post

Actually, I downloaded the .reg file, changed the extension to .txt on my desktop PC and looked at the contents, then just edited it manually using total commander. Did this by just copying the registry entries from button 40C6 (hold side) to a new directory called 40C7 (click side).

Now I have Oxios CloseApps mapped to button-click, and Oxios Hibernate mapped to button-hold... bingo, instant memory management from a single button!
    This doesn't translate into any additional problems with the red end key/sleep key? I have heard of similar hacks to the side button delay causing issues with the red key shutting down the cellular radio when the intention was simply putting the phone to sleep...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSB22 View Post

I am happy it works for you.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    This doesn't translate into any additional problems with the red end key/sleep key? I have heard of similar hacks to the side button delay causing issues with the red key shutting down the cellular radio when the intention was simply putting the phone to sleep...

No, no problem at all. It will not even touch the red button.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    i can confirm the battery hiding thing, I did this way back when I first got the 700wx because I wanted more space up there. Too bad the volume icon then took its place lol.

But I did find it liberating to not have to stare at the battery meter all the time. With the 700wx I found i'd never run out of juice anyway, so not knowing/worrying about it worked out to be very satisfying. YMMV!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
    not that i can tell after limited testing. works like a charm!
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Did you restart your treo after the hack? It won't work in today or inbox. Anyway, this hack is not so useful until WM6 is out.

Yep, I did restart the phone. It's a registry. Most registries work only after a reboot.

Since it never worked, I changed the value back again and, of course, restarted my 700wx. My speaker phone still works.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yep, I did restart the phone. It's a registry. Most registries work only after a reboot.

Since it never worked, I changed the value back again and, of course, restarted my 700wx. My speaker phone still works.
    Sorry about it, it seems that treo 700w has some difference from 750.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    i can confirm the battery hiding thing, I did this way back when I first got the 700wx because I wanted more space up there. Too bad the volume icon then took its place lol.

But I did find it liberating to not have to stare at the battery meter all the time. With the 700wx I found i'd never run out of juice anyway, so not knowing/worrying about it worked out to be very satisfying. YMMV!
    What is the volume Icon? I dont think I have ever seen it.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    What is the volume Icon? I dont think I have ever seen it.
    Cell has a screenshot of it here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...8&postcount=16
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster View Post
    I havent seen that icon on my wx. So if I hide the battery I will get that? Seems to defeat the purpose. Replacing one useless icon with another. LOL, is their a hack to then hide the volume icon?

Well, I tried it and now, instead of a useless battery icon I have a useless volume icon. Guess I'll wait for a response next time, lol.
    Last edited by nyc_rock; 03/20/2007 at 09:06 AM.
  17.    #17  
    I havent seen that icon on my wx. So if I hide the battery I will get that? Seems to defeat the purpose. Replacing one useless icon with another. LOL, is their a hack to then hide the volume icon?

Well, I tried it and now, instead of a useless battery icon I have a useless volume icon. Guess I'll wait for a response next time, lol.
    Actually it is fairly useful. You can click it to adjust volume, click and hold to mute. The most important is Pocket plus, AE button plus and smartkey need click the volume icon to adjust sound.

Without this hack, you won't be able to modify the volume slide to page up/down.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    Actually it is fairly useful. You can click it to adjust volume, click and hold to mute. The most important is Pocket plus, AE button plus and smartkey need click the volume icon to adjust sound.

Without this hack, you won't be able to modify the volume slide to page up/down.
    I see what your saying. I think I would rather maintain the side volume controls for better one handed operation. I would like to simply get rid of the battery icon and save the space since I run resco expolorer today plug in for battery status.
    How about on the 700w? A few of these hacks look interesting (side scroll buttons, battery indicator, and (possibly) hide title bar and/or softkey bar, I know some (hidelogo) work on mine, but I want to make sure before I try a couple others....thanks
  20.    #20  
    I see what your saying. I think I would rather maintain the side volume controls for better one handed operation. I would like to simply get rid of the battery icon and save the space since I run resco expolorer today plug in for battery status.

The modification will keep the volume controls while adding the page up/down functions.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast