Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    How about on the 700w? A few of these hacks look interesting (side scroll buttons, battery indicator, and (possibly) hide title bar and/or softkey bar, I know some (hidelogo) work on mine, but I want to make sure before I try a couple others....thanks

I don't have treo 700w, that's why I want your guys try. you can download the combined cab file to try it. Remember you can always uninstall it if it doesn't work for you.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    The modification will keep the volume controls while adding the page up/down functions.
    Gotcha. Im just looking for more real estate up there so my goal is the elimation of the battery meter with no replacement.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc_rock View Post
    Gotcha. Im just looking for more real estate up there so my goal is the elimation of the battery meter with no replacement.
    That would be awesome
    cellneuron......I will try the combined cab tonight and let you know how it works on the 700w.....just one quick question though.....can you decide which app to use, and how, or it is an 'all-or-nothing' type deal?

Great work bye the way, I like a lot of them.

P.S. I have PMH regestry which does import reg files. Does Total Commander?

Thanks
  5.    #25  
    cellneuron......I will try the combined cab tonight and let you know how it works on the 700w.....just one quick question though.....can you decide which app to use, and how, or it is an 'all-or-nothing' type deal?

Great work bye the way, I like a lot of them.

P.S. I have PMH regestry which does import reg files. Does Total Commander?

Thanks

You can try one by one use the instruction in the thread. So far only " all or nothing" cab because I don't know which one should be included or excluded.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    cellneuron...I installed the 7th app button on my 700w, and it works great!! I also tried battery indicator remover, and can't get it in the windows folder. I can't get the folder to show on the PC when I sync, and when I try to cut and past on the Treo, it tells me the file is protected or in use. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks though, it is fun trying!!
  7.    #27  
    cellneuron...I installed the 7th app button on my 700w, and it works great!! I also tried battery indicator remover, and can't get it in the windows folder. I can't get the folder to show on the PC when I sync, and when I try to cut and past on the Treo, it tells me the file is protected or in use. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks though, it is fun trying!!
    In your PC, make sure you show up the "hidden files" ( which is an option in windows explorer.), then you will see the \windows in the mobile device via activesync.

You can't copy and paste it within PPC. Have to use activesync.

Don't forget resetting.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    cellneuron, thanks for sharing these hacks. The side button press is excellent! I'm surprised that, having owned my wx since September, this was the first time I've ever even heard of it. Thanks again.
    OK...I must be a total rookie at this. I have win XP home, and I cannot get hidden files to show at all....any tips guys? I would really like to utilize this app.
    Open up any folder window (i.e. My Computer). Go to Tools | Folder Options | View; scroll down to "Hidden files and folders," select "Show hidden files and folders."
    Doesn't work, it resets itself, and does not show any hidden windows, I am not sure what is going on with it. I am thinking I will either have to wait for a cab or reg file, or just do without the hack!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazie.eddie View Post
    Yep, I did restart the phone. It's a registry. Most registries work only after a reboot.

Since it never worked, I changed the value back again and, of course, restarted my 700wx. My speaker phone still works.

No problem. It was a simple reg and looked cool to try. Too bad it didn't do anything.
    Well....eventhough I am at a loss as to what is going wrong with the battery app I can't get into the windows folder (I can't figure it out), I appreciate all the others, and also appreciate all the work put into these......Thanks
    does the "suspend" hack while in a call (turns off the lcd) work for anyone with a treo 700wx?

mine turns off the lcd and the call stays active, but the microphone goes mute and the earpiece speaker stops working. when i press the green button to bring the device out of suspend, i can restore the microphone and speaker by enabling speakerphone. unfortunately not so handy...
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    does the "suspend" hack while in a call (turns off the lcd) work for anyone with a treo 700wx?

mine turns off the lcd and the call stays active, but the microphone goes mute and the earpiece speaker stops working. when i press the green button to bring the device out of suspend, i can restore the microphone and speaker by enabling speakerphone. unfortunately not so handy...
    It works for me. Which one are you referring? Did you try the hack #11, in which press alt + space will power off your treo 750 while keep the call?

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    I have a 700wx. I was using the Suspend.exe program you posted in the other thread. It has the behavior of putting the call on "Hold" after turning off the lcd. I also tried the [Suspend] function provided by SPB Pocket Plus and that has the exact same behavior.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by citivolus View Post
    I have a 700wx. I was using the Suspend.exe program you posted in the other thread. It has the behavior of putting the call on "Hold" after turning off the lcd. I also tried the [Suspend] function provided by SPB Pocket Plus and that has the exact same behavior.
    You may give the hack #11 a try, but I am not sure if it will work for you either. It works fine in treo 750, which has been confirmed by a lot of people.

EDIT: you are right about the phone muting. I always use bluetooth headset so that I didn't find it earlier. This problem comes from Palm and has nothing to do with MS or any hacks, and it won't affect bluetooth headset. The alternative is lock the phone and turn off the LCD while on a call ( "alt + right soft key" in hack #11), which I have tested and didn't find any problem.

If you don't want to install the hack #11, you can also use the program in Post 5 in the hack thread (Turn off LCD, lock hard buttons but doesn't lock volume slides and keyboard, pressing the action button to turn on LCD.). Or you can download the vjdevicelock (turn off LCD and lock everything except green and red buttons.) by yourself.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/23/2007 at 11:05 PM.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  18.    #38  
    Made some cab files for those who have trouble installing them.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
    thanks, vjdevicelock -displaytoggle worked for me.
    I only tried #2: Add the seventh hardware button (side button click).

it works like a charm. Thanks~
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast