Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    hi everyone,

i'm a new tmobile user of an unlocked cingy treo 750. let me start by saying i have found the phone i've always been looking for. true love? indeed. i was an avid user of the treo 600/650/blackberry pearl and now the 750. i've loved the treos, something about them and the professionalism of the device got me hooked. however, i just didn't like the outdated look and interface of the palm os. i've always wanted a WM treo, well now that they have the 750, i went ahead and bought one this past weekend...needless to say i have some questions...

1. My girlfriend has a blackjack as well as i still have my blackberry pearl (until auction ends on ebay). i am able to access sites such as my work outlook email [www.webmail.company.com]. my girlfriends blackjack and my blackberry pearl have no problems going to that site. my treo 750 has no problems going to most sites, but this site is one that gives me an error, along with trying to access "my ebay" site. I'm able to access ebay without a hitch, but when i click on my ebay, it gives me all the same error message:

Error 502 - Bad Request. The server could not resolve your request for uri: blah blah blah.com.

is there a setting that i don't have on my internet correctly? i have allow all cookies, and i'm going through TMobiles GPRS Internet. can anyone help me with this?

---------------------------------------------------------------

2. I want to protect my phone, reason being since its unlocked and under tmobile who doesn't have this phone, i can't place insurance on it. i really like the OEM palm leather horizontal case, its simple, professional, and well padded. however when i take out my phone i still feel scared i may drop it. or something may scratch it while on a table or something. I want to use one of the full body skins that are provided at www.bestskinsever.com or www.shieldzone.com.

i noticed that at best skins ever, they don't offer full body skins for the blackjack and the treo 750, i think its because of the rubbery surface. however when i went shield zone, i was suprised, they have a full body skin for both the blackjack and treo 750! is this an error? how can this stuff stick to the rubber surface of these phones? i've used a best skins one and the material is like a peice of plastic that adheres with soap and water on my blackberry pearl which is a shiney hard surface which makes sense, but on the surface of a treo 750? i dont want to spend $27 if it doesnt work on the surface and end up going through returning it and such!? has anyone used the full body skin from shieldzone? and with that, those that have it on their phone, does it still fit without having to force it into a horizontal case like the oem leather palm case?!

thanks! sorry its so longwinded.
    oh yeah...did i mention i L.O.V.E this phone?!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by aslmentor View Post
    I have a cingular treo 750, but its unlocked and on the TMOBILE GPRS service, will this be too risky to do? i notice on that site it says not to do this on unbranded cingular treos
    Quote Originally Posted by jmeas750 View Post
    I have a cingular treo 750, but its unlocked and on the TMOBILE GPRS service, will this be too risky to do? i notice on that site it says not to do this on unbranded cingular treos

If your treo 750 is unbranded, you don't need do it since there is no this entry of proxy setting in your treo 750. You can check it using registry editor (total commendar v2.5 beta, task manager v2.7, phm regedit or others). You may need change the value since yours is only unlocked.

I am also using TMOBILE GPRS $5.99 Tmobileweb. It is good, not as fast as in HTC 8125.

I can access "My ebay" in my treo 750, it is slow but it works.

Basically treo 750 is a 3G cell phone. It's GPRS/EDGE is much slower than those cell phone without 3G, such as HTC wizard.
    Last edited by cellneuron; 03/19/2007 at 01:38 PM.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  5.    #5  
    ^^^ thanks!

i downloaded the hack file and it works! you are right, its a bit of a slow down going into these "proxy" sites onces you hit "my ebay" and such but the access is what i need.

i pay $29.99 for the data plan on tmobile (email, web access). what is this $5.99 web access that you are talking about through tmobile!?
    ^^^ thanks!

i downloaded the hack file and it works! you are right, its a bit of a slow down going into these "proxy" sites onces you hit "my ebay" and such but the access is what i need.

i pay $29.99 for the data plan on tmobile (email, web access). what is this $5.99 web access that you are talking about through tmobile!?
    You can find it in your tmobile page.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by cellneuron View Post
    You can find it in your tmobile page.
    whats the difference between the two? 29.99 and 5.99?!

do you still get unlimited data internet and email access with the 5.99 plan?
    whats the difference between the two? 29.99 and 5.99?!

do you still get unlimited data internet and email access with the 5.99 plan?

Yes, unlimited internet and email. For internet, you need set the proxy to 216.155.165.50:8080

The $29.99 doesn't need the proxy. For palm os users, since there is no global proxy setting, $29.99 may be the only option. (some programs have it own proxy setting such as blazer) I believe $29.99 may also include the wifi access.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  9.    #9  
    Yes, unlimited internet and email. For internet, you need set the proxy to 216.155.165.50:8080

The $29.99 doesn't need the proxy. For palm os users, since there is no global proxy setting, $29.99 may be the only option. (some programs have it own proxy setting such as blazer) I believe $29.99 may also include the wifi access.
    holy mackrel! why am i paying $29.99 then!? sheesh, i think you've just saved my life. lol. yeah i don't need wifi, i just need internet/email!
  10.    #10  
    where do i go on my phone to set that proxy number?
    where do i go on my phone to set that proxy number?
    Setting->Connections-> Connections -> manage my proxy

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  12.    #12  
    when i went to my tmobile plan (where i can customize my plan) these are all the options it gave me under internet service, i don't see one for $5.99?!

Service Description Price Select
    International Long Distance Blocking Remove International long distance

Free

WorldClass International Service Small rates for a big world. Expand your horizons when calling from outside the US, with no monthly fee. Dual- or tri-band phones required, unless calling from Mexico. Additional credit approval required.

Free

CallerTunes CallerTunes® is a cool, new service that lets you choose what your callers will hear until you answer your phone. Instead of the normal, boring "ring, ring" they hear today, your callers can hear music, sound effects, or short, spoken clips.

Terms and conditions $1.49

Discounted long distance to Canada You're already calling your friends and associates in Canada--now you can make all the calls you want and save. For $4.99 per month, you can make unlimited calls to Canada for just $0.09 per minute. And at $0.09 per minute, you can call whenever!

$4.99

Any 400 Messages Send and receive any type of message you want, in any combination you want. Text, IM, picture, or video messages--it's up to you! Messaging Value Bundles are offered per line of service and not shared among FamilyTime (or other pooled account) customers.

$4.99

Unlimited Mobile-to-Mobile Stay connected with unlimited calls to other T-Mobile customers anywhere on the Get More® network.

$6.99

Any 1000 Messages Send and receive any type of message you want, in any combination you want. Text, IM, picture, or video messages--it's up to you! Messaging Value Bundles are offered per line of service and not shared among FamilyTime (or other pooled account) customers.

$9.99

Unlimited Messages More ways to share what's happening in your world, from unexpected moments to unexpected gossip. Send and receive any type of message you want, in any combination.

$14.99

BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on Add access to BlackBerry's powerful data functionality to a voice rate plan. The BlackBerry Unlimited Add-on includes unlimited BlackBerry Web Client e-mail and Web browsing.

$19.99

HotSpot Make the most of your time -- get unlimited high-speed wireless Internet access for your PDA or laptop at places you already go, including Starbucks, FedEx Kinko's, Borders Books and Music stores, Hyatt hotels, and airports.

Terms and conditions $19.99

BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise Email Add-on Add access to BlackBerry corporate data features to a voice rate plan. BlackBerry Unlimited w/Enterprise E-mail, for use with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) software, includes unlimited BES access, BlackBerry Web Client e-mail, and Web browsing.

$29.98

T-Mobile Total Internet T-Mobile Internet with Hotspot

$29.99 X (i currently have this one, and you're right, wtf, i dont need hotspot)
    Right, you won't see it until you change your phone to blackberry.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  14.    #14  
    i copied the above when my phone was currently selected as blackberry pearl on the site. i went to change it to treo handspring 270, to see if the options change and they still remain the same.
    sorry for being difficult, i'd love to save $24 a month if possible, show me the light! thank you by the way for all your help
  15.    #15  
    these are the only two internet options i see under selecting "treo 270" as my handheld since my 750 on tmobile is unlocked.

HotSpot Make the most of your time -- get unlimited high-speed wireless Internet access for your PDA or laptop at places you already go, including Starbucks, FedEx Kinko's, Borders Books and Music stores, Hyatt hotels, and airports.

$19.99

T-Mobile Total Internet T-Mobile Internet with Hotspot

$29.99
    It is called T-MobileWeb ($5.99). You can do it by calling tmobile or just cancel your $29.99 plan. After 10 minutes, you use your phone to access tzone to download some rings or wallpaper, it will prompt you to add a plan, then you can choose the plan.

The best way is just making a call. Tell them T-moibileweb is enough for you since you only need email. Don't mention the internet stuff.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  17.    #17  
    It is called T-MobileWeb ($5.99). You can do it by calling tmobile or just cancel your $29.99 plan. After 10 minutes, you use your phone to access tzone to download some rings or wallpaper, it will prompt you to add a plan, then you can choose the plan.

The best way is just making a call. Tell them T-moibileweb is enough for you since you only need email. Don't mention the internet stuff.
    but i can still use internet, like i can't with the $29.99 plan correct. like say if i want to check my ebay account while i'm in my car in a parking lot?
    but i can still use internet, like i can't with the $29.99 plan correct. like say if i want to check my ebay account while i'm in my car in a parking lot?

Yes, of course. The $5.99 is designed for emailing. If you told them you need internet, they will offer you the $29.99 plan.

There are thousands of people using the $5.99 browsing internet now. Check xda-developer and howardforum.com

Treo 750 hacks thread.
  19.    #19  
    Yes, of course. The $5.99 is designed for emailing. If you told them you need internet, they will offer you the $29.99 plan.

There are thousands of people using the $5.99 browsing internet now. Check xda-developer and howardforum.com
    you DO realize you just saved me $300 a year right? YOU THA MAN!!!
    if i could give you free ebay feedback, it sure would be a positive one! lol. WOOT!
  20.    #20  
    okay cellnueron,

i called tmobile,

went from 600 minutes for $39.99 to 1000 minutes for $49.99
    went from total tmobile internet $29.99 to tmobile web for $5.99

i told her its strictly for my email
    right now i have gmail being pushed to my phone, she said i wont be able to have this anymore, is that true?

she also said i won't have any internet access, except for tzones, so i can't go on internet explorer anymore?

it seemed like she was fishy with what she knew. i asked her, what if i wanted to go online say, 1 time in 2 months or something, how much do you charge, she said...."uhh....umm...theres no fee".

i'm a little confused now.
    do you have the links to those forums you spoke of that have people use this tmobile web as regular browsing?

so do i need to change my proxy now?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast