1.    #1  
    I just got the nerve to try and do a regedit (I want to start with the hack to put the date over the time (dtetime2)) and I can't figure out how to use the file. Can anybody give a quick tutorial on how to do this. I would really appreciate the lesson!!!
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    Is it a .reg file?

If it's .reg file clicking on it should ask you if you want to import it, say yes and that's it.

That's how I do it. You may need to have a registry explorer installed for the .reg file to be associated. Resco or PHM Registry should do.
  3.    #3  
    I have PHM Registry , so I will try that, I have the system backed up, so I think the risk will be minimal (LOL I hope!!!). I will let you know!!
  4.    #4  
    I just tried on the phone, and it does nothing. Do I click on the .reg file on the PC? When I stopped to think about it, it did ask something like that on my PC, but I didn't know if it was asking if I wanted to import it into my PC's registry (yes...I chickened out) If that is how you do it, I will try tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I just tried on the phone, and it does nothing. Do I click on the .reg file on the PC? When I stopped to think about it, it did ask something like that on my PC, but I didn't know if it was asking if I wanted to import it into my PC's registry (yes...I chickened out) If that is how you do it, I will try tonight.
    You may want to download Resco explorer. When you find the regedit file using Resco it will ask you if you want to import the edit. Worked fine for me yesterday. I think you can download as a trial, do your edit and then delete resco.
    Global Posts
    653 Global Posts
    The .reg file needs to be on the device for this, not on the PC.
  7.    #7  
    I will look into Resco. PHM Registry does not ask me that when I click on the .reg file I have.
  8.    #8  
    Got it!!!!! Resco did it!! The regedit program I had wouldn't import, but Resco did it!! Thanks guys. Now I need to find any other .reg files I need to import before Resco expires. (I really can't afford it right now)!!!

Thanks again guys...I can always count on these forums!!!